Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
JerseyBoy
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by JerseyBoy »

Hey guys! Has been great joining this site, have ordered from multiple vendors and been very happy, problem is I have seem to ordered all energetic strains (my usual preference) but I am realizing I need some mellow ones too. I guess red is better for something more mellow? Or maybe just different strains of green or white. I've also never tried yellow/gold. Please any suggestions (even with specific vendors if thats allowed) would be much appreciated!
AtticusFinch80
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by AtticusFinch80 »

Hey dude!

So, I'm more of a Red, Golds and Yellow guy myself. Their are some greens and whites I enjoy as well, but I mainly stick to my favorites. Some of my favorite Reds give me not only a great mood boost, but also their own kind of energy that gives me that extra push I need on long days. I've ordered now from a good amount of vendors, but Smiley Time Herbals just keeps coming out as my #1 vendor on all levels. Here are some of the Reds I love from here, with a lil info on them. I know it can effect us all different, but it's still nice to have a ballpark idea of how it will be.

Red Borneo - it's been my favorite red since I first tried it awhile back. Excellent mood lift that sticks with you well, great pain relief and a good focused but relaxing energy.

Red Vietnam - this one reminds me a lot of the Red Borneo, but with a lot more energy. This is probably my number one worktime strain. It's also nips pain out fairly fast

Gold Bali - This is one special strain. I almost have a hard time explaining it. It makes me damn near gitty excited at times, but also keeps me very level and sharp. When it starts to come down, it's very pleasant and very relaxing. This one is great mixed with a more sedating Red strain like Red Sama.


Red Ketapang - this is my go-to for end of the night when I need to just chill out and let my mind rest. Like most reds I've ever had, it also kicks pain out of the picture.

Hope that helps a little! I love this forum, and the work they put into it. It's been a huge help to me, and I've learned some valuable info too! All in all, I've now had about 21-23 of Smileys strains (currently have 17). They may seem excessive, but I'm a big believer in rotation, and my Pops also uses it for dealing with pain as a result of cancer (he takes zero narcos now). Please feel free to holler at me anytime, and I'm happy to help with what I know.
JerseyBoy
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by JerseyBoy »

AtticusFinch80 wrote:Hey dude!

So, I'm more of a Red, Golds and Yellow guy myself. Their are some greens and whites I enjoy as well, but I mainly stick to my favorites. Some of my favorite Reds give me not only a great mood boost, but also their own kind of energy that gives me that extra push I need on long days. I've ordered now from a good amount of vendors, but Smiley Time Herbals just keeps coming out as my #1 vendor on all levels. Here are some of the Reds I love from here, with a lil info on them. I know it can effect us all different, but it's still nice to have a ballpark idea of how it will be.

Red Borneo - it's been my favorite red since I first tried it awhile back. Excellent mood lift that sticks with you well, great pain relief and a good focused but relaxing energy.

Red Vietnam - this one reminds me a lot of the Red Borneo, but with a lot more energy. This is probably my number one worktime strain. It's also nips pain out fairly fast

Gold Bali - This is one special strain. I almost have a hard time explaining it. It makes me damn near gitty excited at times, but also keeps me very level and sharp. When it starts to come down, it's very pleasant and very relaxing. This one is great mixed with a more sedating Red strain like Red Sama.


Red Ketapang - this is my go-to for end of the night when I need to just chill out and let my mind rest. Like most reds I've ever had, it also kicks pain out of the picture.

Hope that helps a little! I love this forum, and the work they put into it. It's been a huge help to me, and I've learned some valuable info too! All in all, I've now had about 21-23 of Smileys strains (currently have 17). They may seem excessive, but I'm a big believer in rotation, and my Pops also uses it for dealing with pain as a result of cancer (he takes zero narcos now). Please feel free to holler at me anytime, and I'm happy to help with what I know.

Thanks for the feedback! Funny thing I just ordered a kilo from Smiley Time a few minutes before you posted this haha! Good stuff. I got the Super Green #3 after reading from a lot of people that it is a slower green, also the premium red thai (not sure if thats slow but just wanna try a red) and then the white banjo (which I read is great!) I'm going to keep your recommendations in mind for next time I order!
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by Pete2000 »

Hey Jersey,

My favorite yellow at the moment is Happy Hippo's Indo Super Yellow. Very relaxing plus decent pain relief and pretty long lasting. I'm sure someone will complain that it's outrageously overpriced, but if you catch it when they do a sale and pay with crypto it ends up being a little more than double the 3 Buck Chuck stuff. Admittedly still expensive, but nice to have for a once in a while treat.

By the way, Smiley's Super Green #3 is a great choice. Definitely a mellow happy green.

Pete
Leaflover43
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by Leaflover43 »

I second Red Borneo and Red Ketapang! They are both fantastic alone but also blend nicely with white strains. Currently burning red borneo white hulu blend .
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by Payshince »

AtticusF !
...
Would you say Those Reds in particular you named are pretty consistent in effects with their names?

Like if you got 5 different Red Borneos from 5 different vendors of course each Batch will have it’s own unique result. Overall though would you say they’re pretty much the same in a sense?

I’m not a Red vein guy and I dont suffer with pain.
Although I am on my fkng feet for long hours during my work days and it feels as if my damn feet have no muscle or tissue, etc just bone rubbing on the ground. Sorry if too much detail but thats hoq it feels and thats the only (physical pain) I deal with.
It seems as if I haven’t truly realized which strains help in regards to feet pain relief! Here and there maybe but idk I wonder?

Btw, what is Red Sama? Is that short for Samarinda!?
That would make sense then lol.
Ive had Green Samarinda but not Red yet. I do enjoy that strain and it seems (to me at least) like a fairly New strain.
- Payshince
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by Payshince »

Yellow Sulawesi is a very cozy and mellow and relaxing excellent strain. SoCal had it but with all the seizing going on they’re still waiting for More to come!

It was a Novemebrr/ December ‘18 batch from them and one very good evening strain that is highly memorable!
- Payshince
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by FireK »

I like the mellow strains such as: agus green bone F3, green zareena (socal), happy go lucky, relaxer elixir, green nugroz and red md (Lizas), Sosa plantation red vein
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Looking for something mellow/relaxing

Post by FireK »

FireK wrote:I like the mellow strains such as: agus green bone F3, green zareena (socal), happy go lucky, relaxer elixir, green nugroz and red md (Lizas), Sosa plantation red vein
Also gold and red bali, supreme blend and SGM ( smileys)
Post Reply