New FDA scare tactics

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

New FDA scare tactics

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Just wanted to see whats really real with the new lead report.So im bringing it here .Whats the lie and whats real.
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by Pete2000 »

Some interesting discussions about this over on Reddit. Here's one https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... entary_on/

Basically says that even some of the most contaminated Kratom was still within what is considered allowable range. Original poster based this on taking 15g a day and what a European Safety report considered safe daily lead intake for food.

That being said, it's still very concerning. Even more so with the recent threads regarding Kratom and hair loss. I would gladly pay a few extra pennies a gram for Kratom that was tested and and safe.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by e_poison »

Regardless of the validity of the claim (I'm still following the discussion before I come to a conclusion), I've personally never heard anyone say they got heavy metal poisoning from kratom ever.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

Pete2000 wrote:Some interesting discussions about this over on Reddit. Here's one https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... entary_on/

Basically says that even some of the most contaminated Kratom was still within what is considered allowable range. Original poster based this on taking 15g a day and what a European Safety report considered safe daily lead intake for food.

That being said, it's still very concerning. Even more so with the recent threads regarding Kratom and hair loss. I would gladly pay a few extra pennies a gram for Kratom that was tested and and safe.
A few extra pennies a gram, would amount to a kilo having an uptick in price of about $30. Watch out what you wish for. ;)
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by Payshince »

:shock: :?
Oh wow! ^
^
Very true!

Yeah I’m good I’ll stick to my reasonably priced kilos!
- Payshince
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by Pete2000 »

WotAnAtti2d wrote:A few extra pennies a gram, would amount to a kilo having an uptick in price of about $30. Watch out what you wish for. ;)
I do get where you're coming from, and my estimate may not even be a good one. I saw a lab that tested Kratom for biological and heavy metal contamination for around $250, and thought if every 10 kilos got tested that would add $0.025 to PPG. I'd gladly pay that to not get sick. But when batches fail and get dumped the vendor will have to raise prices to make make up for it, likely affecting the price by much more than the testing cost alone.

Ultimately it may all be a moot point. At some point I believe testing, GMP, etc. will all be required, small vendors won't be able to stay in the game, competition will decrease, and prices will increase. I'm seriously considering growing a couple of plants.
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by Oletimer »

I don't really know, but I would be more worried about what's in my water,,and food,,,like the video I seen of chef boy rd ravioli, ,had pieces of bugs in the meat,,ugggg, ,and where I live,twice in the past year we got water boil alerts,,after the fact, ,and as far as metal,,when I worked for a pharmaceutical packaging company, Sanofi _adventis,,,thousands of bottles of blood pressure meds were sent out before discovering the filler hopper was dropping metal shavings from hopper into the pills,,that wasn't mentioned by the fda,,,,along with other issues with diabetic insulin pens being stored in broken cooling units,,I worked there 1 year and never seen a federal inspector, ,,the quality control people were always eating donuts, not working
Sporadic
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by Sporadic »

I'm pretty concerned as someone who ingests kratom daily. I wonder if there is anything we can do to separate the heavy metals? Does making the kratom into tea help? It seems the two liquid extracts tested contained no discernible levels of lead. Should we extract it all?

I know theres heavy metals in certain foods we eat but I dont eat foods high in it every day. I do ingest kratom everyday though.
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

Sporadic wrote:I'm pretty concerned as someone who ingests kratom daily. I wonder if there is anything we can do to separate the heavy metals? Does making the kratom into tea help? It seems the two liquid extracts tested contained no discernible levels of lead. Should we extract it all?

I know theres heavy metals in certain foods we eat but I dont eat foods high in it every day. I do ingest kratom everyday though.
It's funny that you mention that, I just made a post about that on another site. Lead has a particle size of .1 to .7 microns. Mercury particle size is .1 microns. Most people use coffee filters to filter tea and that has a pore size of 20 microns. However, you can buy water filters that have a pore size of .1 microns. I just looked at this info today and all I saw were filters for industry and hiking/camping. I'll look later for some of those filters that hopefully, come in household pitchers. I suspect they won't be cheap.
myobeez
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by myobeez »

WotAnAtti2d wrote:
Sporadic wrote:I'm pretty concerned as someone who ingests kratom daily. I wonder if there is anything we can do to separate the heavy metals? Does making the kratom into tea help? It seems the two liquid extracts tested contained no discernible levels of lead. Should we extract it all?

I know theres heavy metals in certain foods we eat but I dont eat foods high in it every day. I do ingest kratom everyday though.
It's funny that you mention that, I just made a post about that on another site. Lead has a particle size of .1 to .7 microns. Mercury particle size is .1 microns. Most people use coffee filters to filter tea and that has a pore size of 20 microns. However, you can buy water filters that have a pore size of .1 microns. I just looked at this info today and all I saw were filters for industry and hiking/camping. I'll look later for some of those filters that hopefully, come in household pitchers. I suspect they won't be cheap.
The Lifestraw has .2 microns filtration. Would something like that work? They have drinking containers as well that filter, but nothing lower than .2 microns.

https://www.lifestraw.com/products/lifestraw-go
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by Payshince »

Sporadic wrote:I'm pretty concerned as someone who ingests kratom daily. I wonder if there is anything we can do to separate the heavy metals? Does making the kratom into tea help? It seems the two liquid extracts tested contained no discernible levels of lead. Should we extract it all?

I know theres heavy metals in certain foods we eat but I dont eat foods high in it every day. I do ingest kratom everyday though.

I Agree.
It is foolish of us who are trying to be safer and healthier with our lifestyles and now this!
It is always something!!

So just be aware and what not,

I dont want to later down the road to realize I have some sort of problem(s)
I trust the Vendors I buy off of but the more we realize and the more we learn the better.

I’m not going to grow my own Kratom... (yet) lol
But damn if Im consuming all the powdered leaf I Need to know if I’m going to be okay!

:cry:
- Payshince
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: New FDA scare tactics

Post by CatfatherB »

8-) Did someone say Heavy Metal and Poison? Sounds like a party!!!! :lol: Talk dirty to me!!! :lol:
Post Reply