Kratom families?
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Kratom families?
I thought it would be interesting to see how many others can relate to this,,me,my son,daughter, and daughter in law all use kratom, along with a few cousins and friends, ,my son introduced me to it over 2 years ago, he got off the pills, ,then I was next to get off the boat,,and after seeing how it helped with issues besides pain,,I had my daughter try it before going to a dr just to be prescribed meds for her depression, etc. Along the way, ,I've told a few friends and cousins about it, and they too got off the boat,,nowadays when we visit each other, we like to see what's in each other's stash,,lol,,my son has more quantity, but I have more variety, ,little mice nibbling in my stash,,which is fine,,,anyhow it's nice to see them and friends not slaves to the pill factory anymore, ,!Makes it easier to pick out gifts for xmas and bdays,too! Lol!
-
lavender
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 684
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm
Re: Kratom families?
i found kratom almost 4 years ago now my mom she 70 years old taking it for pain my son who 23 years old taking it for pain also my sister taking it sometimes about twice a week and every time when i have family over they asking to mix my special healing tea
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Kratom families?
My mom is 82,,wish I could get her to try it before she undergoes a hip replacement and ends up with more pain than now
- labdog03
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Re: Kratom families?
Hey there Oletimer...I'm with you on friends and family using our leaf along with me (us)...I tell everyone I know about Kratom and it's benefits, AND it's negative aspects...the WHOLE story and let them decide if they want to try it. It's not for everyone, but my whole small Family uses it to some extent, and many friends as well. It has changed the lives (for the better) of some elderly friends of mine (in their 80's).Oletimer wrote:My mom is 82,,wish I could get her to try it before she undergoes a hip replacement and ends up with more pain than now
And about your Mom having a Hip replacement...well, if she really needs it, there is really no other option and it WILL give her a better quality of life. I have had a hip replaced, and it's the best thing I ever did...totally removed the unbearable pain I was in and gave me full, normal, PAIN FREE function of my leg again. There is NOTHING else that will fix the problem if the hip joint is diseased and "worn out". The pain will never just "go away" if the joint is damaged. The recovery is a little rough, be prepared for that (especially at her age), but if all goes well, it will fix her problem permanently. GOOD LUCK...Prayers your way!
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Kratom families?
Thanks so much! The pain isn't the hip,,but her knee, ,, is that what you experienced? knee xrays are fine,but the hip is at level 7,,at 10, surgery is inevitable, ,she had a injection in her hip,,since then her knee and feet are what hurts her,,,I made a cup of hot tea to try,,but she wouldn't touch it,,the only alternative that she tried,and helps is cbd hemp balm,,and like you said, I too tell people the positive and negative, ,but a friend who has been on strong pain meds,since 2000,got dropped from pain management after testing positive for MJ,, she was going through withdrawals,,she tried kratom, ,and I got a call from her a few weeks ago, ,thanking me for telling her about this leaf,,,and how she is pain free now,,along with feeling so much better,,etc. Those are the testimonials that touch my heart,,,
- labdog03
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Re: Kratom families?
Well I can't say for your mom, but my hip was ALL hip pain...I was basically bone on bone in my hip joint with bone spurs and all that. I assume it's all related, the ole "hi bone is connected to the leg bone" type thing...I know they have good results from knee surgeries....but if the docs tell her she MUST have a new hip, they have come such a long way in the materials and procedures, it may be for the best...I had mine in 2008 and have never had a moments trouble with it...But in the mean time, I bet our leaf would help her...back then I was on every opiate they made, which eventually led me to Kratom when I too was ABRUPTLY cut off of pain meds...never even given a chance to wean off. It was horrible until I found our leaf. A LONG, TERRIBLE experience that my doctors should be ashamed of.Oletimer wrote:Thanks so much! The pain isn't the hip,,but her knee, ,, is that what you experienced? knee xrays are fine,but the hip is at level 7,,at 10, surgery is inevitable, ,she had a injection in her hip,,since then her knee and feet are what hurts her,,,I made a cup of hot tea to try,,but she wouldn't touch it,,the only alternative that she tried,and helps is cbd hemp balm,,and like you said, I too tell people the positive and negative, ,but a friend who has been on strong pain meds,since 2000,got dropped from pain management after testing positive for MJ,, she was going through withdrawals,,she tried kratom, ,and I got a call from her a few weeks ago, ,thanking me for telling her about this leaf,,,and how she is pain free now,,along with feeling so much better,,etc. Those are the testimonials that touch my heart,,,
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Kratom families?
labdog03 wrote:Well I can't say for your mom, but my hip was ALL hip pain...I was basically bone on bone in my hip joint with bone spurs and all that. I assume it's all related, the ole "hi bone is connected to the leg bone" type thing...I know they have good results from knee surgeries....but if the docs tell her she MUST have a new hip, they have come such a long way in the materials and procedures, it may be for the best...I had mine in 2008 and have never had a moments trouble with it...But in the mean time, I bet our leaf would help her...back then I was on every opiate they made, which eventually led me to Kratom when I too was ABRUPTLY cut off of pain meds...never even given a chance to wean off. It was horrible until I found our leaf. A LONG, TERRIBLE experience that my doctors should be ashamed of.Oletimer wrote:Thanks so much! The pain isn't the hip,,but her knee, ,, is that what you experienced? knee xrays are fine,but the hip is at level 7,,at 10, surgery is inevitable, ,she had a injection in her hip,,since then her knee and feet are what hurts her,,,I made a cup of hot tea to try,,but she wouldn't touch it,,the only alternative that she tried,and helps is cbd hemp balm,,and like you said, I too tell people the positive and negative, ,but a friend who has been on strong pain meds,since 2000,got dropped from pain management after testing positive for MJ,, she was going through withdrawals,,she tried kratom, ,and I got a call from her a few weeks ago, ,thanking me for telling her about this leaf,,,and how she is pain free now,,along with feeling so much better,,etc. Those are the testimonials that touch my heart,,,
I know EXACTLY how that hip pain is, I worked for a whole year with both hips completely collapsed, when I got the x-ray, my hip bones looked like pistol grips, the only way I was walking was all the Gabapentin and Percocets I was on, I don't think kratom alone would touch that pain, but post surgery you could wean the Percocet down to kratom? I wish I found it sooner!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Kratom families?
My parents are anti-drug (except for alcohol) anti-kratom. I ended up in the hospital for a benzo overdose, was pretty serious, but I had also taken kratom, as I do everyday. Guess which one they chose to blame. I don't think anything would convince them that kratom has benefits at this point. I'm jealous of the people whose families all either take it or are cool with it! 
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kratom families?
I mostly keep it low-key, but my brother takes it too. My mom knows and is supportive. She's very pro kratom because she's seen how much it's helped me. I still can't get her to try it for her arthritis though. One of these days I will.
Other than that, it's not something that really comes up with family.
-
Kota06
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 8:03 pm
Re: Kratom families?
I wish my husband would try it again. Unfortunately I gave him too big of a dose his first time, he was hungover and empty stomach, so he had bad jitters and upset stomach. I got him to try a really low dose one other time but it was a white and the energizing effect felt too similar to his meth using days. He refuses to try it again and it’s awful cuz he’s got 3 slipped discs in his back that cause him so much pain and he doesn’t want to take pills, thankfully cuz that’s the wrong solution. I know kratom would change his life like it has mine but sadly I doubt he’ll ever try it again.
I do recommend it to some of my clients though. I’m a caregiver for elderly people and most of them deal with varying types of pain issues. So while I don’t have family members that take it, I do have my work family to share it with.
I do recommend it to some of my clients though. I’m a caregiver for elderly people and most of them deal with varying types of pain issues. So while I don’t have family members that take it, I do have my work family to share it with.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Kratom families?
My mom is just old school,,thinks if you have any aches,ailments, mental issues, go to doctor, get pills,,I am the opposite, if there are natural alternatives,,take that road,,she has so many pill bottles,,statins,blood sugar,etc etc. If there's something natural to help cholesterol, ,for instance, ,I'd be rather take alternatives before adding more pills to the regimen,,my son tried to get his dad to try kratom for his pain,,he was on a lot of meds,which just got stronger over all the years,,constipation all the years,,well he refused to give it a try ,now he's got to the point of having surgery, removing all the diseased stuff,and having a colonoscomy bag attached, he's been taking morphine for over a year, looks like a skeleton, ,only weighs about 100 pounds,,he doesn't have cancer,,I don't know why they can keep prescribing morphine,,what's next,fentynol? ?system is screwed up
-
DNA011001
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 am
- Location: United States
Re: Kratom families?
My sister and my significant other both take it, as well. My sister is daily like me and my s/o is occasional. I have been so grateful to be able to share it with them. I wish I could share it with more people but I don’t share a lot my personal issues with anyone else. I am happy to have found DoubleM to talk about all these kratom related things with! My sister and s/o don’t like to research or experiment like I do. I read this forum and other things constantly for advice and info. I love it! They just ask me to choose for them what they will take. Lol If my dad ever has issues that it would help, I would try to get him to try it. But, he is about to be 70 and doesn’t even take aspirin. It’s hard for me to get him to take vitamins, because he tried spirulina and got really sick.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Kratom families?
My sister and s/o don’t like to research or experiment like I do. I read this forum and other things constantly for advice and info. I love it! They just ask me to choose for them what they will take. Lol I____________same here,,with my daughter, ,I've got a lot of good advice here on what helps with her issues, ,lots of people who can relate with her issues steer me to choosing what helps her,,Me? This forum has been a godsend,,,,
-
FuckHeroin
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Kratom families?
Kota06 wrote:I wish my husband would try it again. Unfortunately I gave him too big of a dose his first time, he was hungover and empty stomach, so he had bad jitters and upset stomach. I got him to try a really low dose one other time but it was a white and the energizing effect felt too similar to his meth using days. He refuses to try it again and it’s awful cuz he’s got 3 slipped discs in his back that cause him so much pain and he doesn’t want to take pills, thankfully cuz that’s the wrong solution. I know kratom would change his life like it has mine but sadly I doubt he’ll ever try it again.
I do recommend it to some of my clients though. I’m a caregiver for elderly people and most of them deal with varying types of pain issues. So while I don’t have family members that take it, I do have my work family to share it with.
I have a bulging disc, and fractured 3 vertebrae L2-L4 months ago and use kratom for the pain instead of all the pills they given me. I was already familiar with kratom using it on and off 2 years prior. I did take the pills the first 2 days after injury and then switched back over to kratom and let me tell you..it actually gave me much more pain relief than the Vicodin. Been using it everyday since, I wouldn't be able to work my physical job without it. You should really try to get him to give it another try next time hes in lots of pain. Just like him, I don't like speedy whites. I get jittery, anxious and very minimal pain relief. Sounds like you need to give your man a SLOW red. I've always gotten best pain relief from slower strains. If he does ever give it another try, make sure he's well hydrated too. That's one factor that can often give people a burn thats not so enjoyable(headache usually).
Ok sorry for rambling, now to the topic. No I don't have any family members who take kratom, but all of my family is understanding about my usage, and glad that I'm not on pharmas. However my Dad takes Tramadol for pain and I really need to try to get him to try kratom, I don't think he believes in natural herbs too much for some reason. May be because he got a bad headache from an herb I suggested to him a while back for pain (cissus quadralangularis) I've heard too many bad stories about tramadols negative side effects and addiction/withdrawal.
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: Kratom families?
I to have brought family to kratom first i started 8 month ago then when my daughter seen Ihadnt needed a pain pill in 30 days she made the jump off suboxone to kratom its a beautiful thing this leaf now were both trying to get my son n law to make the jump but we know given time hes almost sure to follow.My husband has tried it and i think hes getting closer to.I know not to push because it has to be a personal choice.With my daughter she said just seeing the changes in me made her make the decision because if I can do it then she could an she did again no pressureHave I mentioned how much i love this leaf.
-
instantKARMA
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 680
- Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Kratom families?
I also have wondered how many members have family that robs their kratom stash? My daughter is always asking for leaf! When I take a vacation, I have to make up ounce packets to get her through until I return. I'd like to have a dollar for everytime she's asked for a list of good vendors! She never orders any! Why does she even ask??? 
-
Apathycre8schaos
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm
Re: Kratom families?
I love these types of discussions here. When I first started taking kratom I was doing the whole headshop rigamorale - a nice little 75 pill container of red Bali from Medicine Man. It was strong enough for me to realize that it worked for pain and mood lift- but imagine this- I'd say reach capsule weighed about a 1/2 gram, so the whole thing only weighed about 37.5 grams, little over an ounce- so I paid $35 for little more than ounce of kray! Holy sh*t! What a rip-off, right? Anyway, a buddy of mine I worked with had a doomsday stash from the scare of 2016 and told me he'd sell me a full kilo for $50. Blew my mind. I'd mix it with water in a mason jar, shake it up and drink it straight. My girlfriend would give me so much hell about me drinking my "toilet water" even though I explained how it worked and all the benefits that came with it- pain relief, mood lift, anxiety relief, and euphoria - she wanted nothing to do with it. Kept telling me how bad it was, how it was going to destroy my liver, raise my blood pressure, etc. Mainly just believing all the stuff the smear campaign threw out there about it. Long story short, about 9 months ago, maybe more, she stubbed her toe so bad she could barely walk which was no good for her job. She was in so much pain she finally caved in and I mixed her up a drink. After that she finally came around and has become quite the emissary about it even going so far as to turn her friends on to it. I'll never forget the time when she made the off-hand comment about how "kratom is life". Now she drinks it as much as I do, getting all excited when a package comes in the mail opening it up like it's Christmas! I'm never at home when the mail comes so more often than not she gets to open up any new leaf before I get home
So, my girlfriend is practically my wife, as well as my family and my son is much too young to partake in any kind of leaf, but yeah, our family loves kray. We tend to tell our friends how great it is and speak the truth in regards to it - both the good and the bad (but mostly the good).
So, my girlfriend is practically my wife, as well as my family and my son is much too young to partake in any kind of leaf, but yeah, our family loves kray. We tend to tell our friends how great it is and speak the truth in regards to it - both the good and the bad (but mostly the good).