Favorite time to burn/sample burn
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Favorite time to burn/sample burn
So I have always been under the impression that personally when I took Red Veins that I needed to take them while just chilling in order to get true effects especially when sampling new strains. In contrast also thought that I needed to be active of some kind with more energetic strains whether Green, yellow, white, or whatever.
But, I recently have realized that I actually prefer to start off most burns just chilling out until onset to get a real feel for the effects. And now, this is always the case when sampling new strains the first couple times or so.... I guess more so that I can focus on what the current effects taking place are and make solid decisions on what type of strains that particular sample may be.
Does this make any sense at all? Anyone else even remotely the same way???
If not, what are everyone else's favorite burn times/sample times??
But, I recently have realized that I actually prefer to start off most burns just chilling out until onset to get a real feel for the effects. And now, this is always the case when sampling new strains the first couple times or so.... I guess more so that I can focus on what the current effects taking place are and make solid decisions on what type of strains that particular sample may be.
Does this make any sense at all? Anyone else even remotely the same way???
If not, what are everyone else's favorite burn times/sample times??
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
My favorite time to sample a new strain is early afternoon after I get off work or early evening after nap. And during daylight hours. Euphoria is somewhat visual for me so daylight is almost a must. Kind of hard to explain. 
-
g0ldl10n
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
My favorite time is in mid afternoon, and this is only because of my daily work schedule, but that's the time of my 2nd burn of the day and it's always the most effective burn of the day too, so I'm able to really know if it agrees with me or not.
Also, I know exactly what you mean about feeling the effects of faster strains more if you're doing something active. If I take a fast strain and am just relaxing at home, it seems to be significantly less effective than if my mind was busy with something like work. This may just all be in my head, or that I notice it more BECAUSE I'm actually doing something, lol. Who the fuck knows, Kratom has always found a way to confuse me regarding it's effects.
Also, I know exactly what you mean about feeling the effects of faster strains more if you're doing something active. If I take a fast strain and am just relaxing at home, it seems to be significantly less effective than if my mind was busy with something like work. This may just all be in my head, or that I notice it more BECAUSE I'm actually doing something, lol. Who the fuck knows, Kratom has always found a way to confuse me regarding it's effects.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
My favorite time is usually 1st dose of the day, ,kinda like morning coffee,,,seems like since I haven't had any for at 10-12 hours,,usually about 7 pm is the last time I have my drink,,I can get a feel for something new better,
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
I originally felt that way.... About being active while using energetic strains/testing new strains!! Now, I have come to realize at very least with testing new samples that I get a better feel and like I said can focus more of the effects provided if I put my legs up in my chair and just wait for the onset. Once the onset takes place and I can kinda gauge what the effects are like I can then choose what to do or where to go with that particular burn. (Sorry if that's kinda repetitive, but it seemed like maybe the way I said it in OP didn't make as much sense)g0ldl10n wrote:My favorite time is in mid afternoon, and this is only because of my daily work schedule, but that's the time of my 2nd burn of the day and it's always the most effective burn of the day too, so I'm able to really know if it agrees with me or not.
Also, I know exactly what you mean about feeling the effects of faster strains more if you're doing something active. If I take a fast strain and am just relaxing at home, it seems to be significantly less effective than if my mind was busy with something like work. This may just all be in my head, or that I notice it more BECAUSE I'm actually doing something, lol. Who the fuck knows, Kratom has always found a way to confuse me regarding it's effects.
Granted, this may also all be die to the fact that I have almost always preferred and searched out the heaviest/slowest strains possible.... Mostly Red Veins (whether green Reds, red Reds
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
Usually for me it is the morning burn although I add kratom to my morning coffee so it could be a bit misleading
Coffee is the most well known nootropic and having recently went through a detox, I'm still sensitive to it. I tested some excellent reds all day yesterday (Mitra Man Botanicals) and I must say some of the later burns were excellent! Damn near gave me the wobbles at a lower dose
I'm working on the less is more theory and it is working out for me. I'm moving to greens and whites today as I need to get something done that involves getting off the couch. I did get quite a bit done on a paper I'm writing for work but I have house work and still need to hang pictures and arrange furniture in my house.
* javagurl62
-
instantKARMA
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 680
- Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
I have a number of chronic pain issues, so, I've found the best time is when the pain
is fairly significant! Pain also brings about a definite negative mood swing, makes me
irritable and somewhat bad tempered.
If a new strain relieves the pain and negative
mood drift, it's added to the rotation!
is fairly significant! Pain also brings about a definite negative mood swing, makes me
irritable and somewhat bad tempered.
mood drift, it's added to the rotation!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
Best time to try new strains is first thing in the morning, fresh after getting good sleep. That way I haven't eaten or dosed recently and I'm wide awake. If it's a red, I'll wait at least 8 hours after my last dose and 4 hours after the last time I ate and take it early evening. Any less time than that seems to muddle the effects; food definitely ruins it.
-
Bigblind
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Favorite time to burn/sample burn
I like to try new strains after work scared it wont work then cant work lol !