sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by SimonBcv »

Hi, I'm looking to order a batch of reds and can't decide weather to go with sosa or sth on one hand sth has lots of positive reviews at the moment, sosa also has good reviews & it has better prices & more commonly used payment method.
Can anyone who ordered from both vendors recommend who's reds they liked better?

P.S. Mystic Island's been the only good vendor with constant effects, I'm using their last years batch but lately reviews say that their quality has dropped that's why I'm considering different vendor.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by brave777 »

wild red borneo was a stand out for me from sth and i am still trying sosa reds some still unopened.
Kratom user since 2014!
Kaidensmom
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by Kaidensmom »

Smiley is better for reds, in my opinion. And I second brave777, wild red borneo is one that you don't want to miss.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by acejestyr15 »

Kaidensmom wrote:Smiley is better for reds, in my opinion. And I second brave777, wild red borneo is one that you don't want to miss.
Never tried STH but I can definitely testify to the amazing quality and diversity of the SOSA reds!!! Let me know if you'd like specific recommendations!
Skottsdad
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:43 pm
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by Skottsdad »

I definitely like STH Reds better than Sosa. Sosa has better greens imo. And I agree with everyone the Wild Red Borneo is fire. I also enjoyed the Red Ache and Red Bali fro Sth but they are a little faster than the Wild Red Borneo. Great pain relief on all 3!
Sxd431
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by Sxd431 »

I'm partial to Sosa's string dried reds. Some of STH's reds have also worked well for me but most of what I have are not from his current stock.
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by KurtisCards »

I got some string dried red Sunda coming in from sosa, I'll let you know how it is.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by beathappening »

KurtisCards wrote:I got some string dried red Sunda coming in from sosa, I'll let you know how it is.
Out of the 10+ Sosa strains ive tried, red Sunda was my favorite. One of the best reds I've had in awhile. This was a Feb or March batch
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by Oletimer »

Smiley is better for reds, in my opinion. And I second brave777, wild red borneo is one that you don't want to miss.__________________ I feel the same,,,,but we're all different, best bet is to order a sampler from EACH vendor and see what you think, ,good luck!
MysteryPen
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by MysteryPen »

acejestyr15 wrote:
Kaidensmom wrote:Smiley is better for reds, in my opinion. And I second brave777, wild red borneo is one that you don't want to miss.
Never tried STH but I can definitely testify to the amazing quality and diversity of the SOSA reds!!! Let me know if you'd like specific recommendations!
I'd like specific recs, if you don't mind. I'm looking to make an order and I'm trying to figure out which reds to get.
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by trigger »

Yes, Sosa red suggestions please. And green. What is good. I’ve tried a few and nothing worked so far.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by acejestyr15 »

My favorite SOSA reds are Red Indo, Red Horn, Red Sunda, Red Elephant and Red Malay for my slow strains which or what I really hunt for! Plus, I'd also include Yellow Vietnam, White Bali, White Motan, and most def Gold MD in that slow category as well. For mid slow to mid spec reds I also like Red Borneo, Red Jungle, Red Kali, and Red Sumatra. There aren't listed in specific order just by burn type really. If you check out the double Sosa sampler thread I recently left a long review of just about every strain I have purchased so far as SOSA is my current favorite vendor....
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: sosaspeciosa vs smileytimeherbals

Post by KurtisCards »

The red Sumatra has been good when blended right for me.
Post Reply