The One

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
Daniel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: Maryland

The One

Post by Daniel »

I have ~$20-30 to spend (on Kratom). I'm looking for that "one strain" that's hot right now (7/12). I've heard rumblings about Gold 12 from BB, and let's say, I am tempted. Right now, if you had around $20-30 to buy one strain that promotes energy and euphoria (or well-being) -- what would that strain be? I've been suffering from depression and lethargy recently, so I'm in need of your help, Double M Community. Thank you.
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: The One

Post by FireK »

Id say smiley PMD would fit the bill or green monster
User avatar
Daniel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The One

Post by Daniel »

Thanks FireK, I will tally that and hope more members respond to see if there is a consensus. Although, I know when many find "that one strain" they tend to keep it secret. ;)
User avatar
ScottyK
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
Location: Wilmington, N.C.

Re: The One

Post by ScottyK »

Smiley Gold Banjo, from what I hear.
User avatar
Daniel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The One

Post by Daniel »

ScottyK wrote:Smiley Gold Banjo, from what I hear.
Have you heard if it's a sedating strain or not? Also, any idea of what type of strain it is? Not sure what to make of "Banjo". Maybe they will ship me a Banjo made of gold. Now, that would be awesome!
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The One

Post by guitartodd77 »

Smiley Time PMD, Green Monster and Super Green #3 are all euphoric. The SG#3 isnt as fast as the PMD and G. Monster in my experience.

I really like BB's Gold 12 as well. I also purchased the White 12 (1906) which may or may not have been used to create the Gold 12 and Yellow 12 strains. I know the Gold is awesome. I'll try the White 12 in the morning and let you know how it might compare. I've heard very good things about that White 12 strain and it might explain why the Gold and Yellow 12 strains are also very good.

Also good reviews out there for the Green Vietnam at BB. Just sayin. I haven't tried that one yet (but i do have some now).

I felt that Smiley's Gold Banjo was mid spec. Not as fast as the PMD or G. Monster in my opinion. Just my experience.

Hope this helps. It's a tough choice. I ended up buying larger qtys of all of them (except the Gold Banjo).

I'm checking out Oties White Indo this weekend as well as Hudson Valley's Green OV and Wild White. It's going to be a fast weekend.
Last edited by guitartodd77 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Daniel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The One

Post by Daniel »

guitartodd77 wrote:Smiley Time PMD, Green Monster and Super Green #3 are all euphoric. The SG#3 isnt as fast as the PMD and G. Monster in my experience.

I really like BB's Gold 12 as well. I also purchased the White 12 (1906) which may or may not have been used to create the Gold 12 and Yellow 12 strains. I know the Gold is awesome. I'll try the White 12 in the morning and let you know how it might compare. I've heard very good things about that White 12 strain and it might explain why the Gold and Yellow 12 strains are also very good.

Also good reviews out there for the Green Vietnam at BB. Just sayin. I haven't tried that one yet (but i do have some now).

I felt that Smiley's Gold Banjo was mid spec. Not as fast as the PMD or G. Monster in my opinion. Just my experience.

Hope this helps. It's a tough choice. I ended up buying larger qtys of all of them (except the Gold Banjo).

I'm checking out Odies White Indo this weekend as well as Hudson Valley's Green OV and Wild White. It's going to be a fast weekend.
Thank you for your insight! I'm really looking forward to how the White 12 compares to the Gold 12. Keep us updated. :)
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: The One

Post by labdog03 »

FireK wrote:Id say smiley PMD would fit the bill or green monster

I can second these choices. I have the previous batch of Monster (6-19 I think), and current PMD. Might give the nod to PMD this time, cause it's a bit more energetic...but I have heard the NEW (7-8) batch of Monster is pretty good. I have a big order in route...He just got in the Wild Green Bota, I really liked the last batch...Green Horn and Supreme are SOLID choices as well.
User avatar
Daniel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The One

Post by Daniel »

labdog03 wrote:
FireK wrote:Id say smiley PMD would fit the bill or green monster

I can second these choices. I have the previous batch of Monster (6-19 I think), and current PMD. Might give the nod to PMD this time, cause it's a bit more energetic...but I have heard the NEW (7-8) batch of Monster is pretty good. I have a big order in route...He just got in the Wild Green Bota, I really liked the last batch...Green Horn and Supreme are SOLID choices as well.
thank you, thank you! I have ordered Gold Banjo and Green Monster from Smiley. Perhaps I should have waited to get a list and ordered the 5 pack sampler. I did not expect these many high quality strains running around. ;) I'm waiting to hear about Gold 12, White 12, and Yellow 12 from BB. Perhaps they would mix well, too.

EDIT: I'm still hoping there is one elite strain I can discover and call it "my strain". But as a casual user, I find myself ordering different varieties all the time. Although, I used to order a lot of enhanced strains, now I'd rather focus on one or two favorite strains and enhance them myself, if need be.
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: The One

Post by labdog03 »

Variety is KEY in fighting off TOLERENCE! Change strains AND Vendors as often as you can...I seldom take the same strain more than a couple times a month. That and keeping time between doses as LONG as possible helps too.
User avatar
Daniel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The One

Post by Daniel »

labdog03 wrote:Variety is KEY in fighting off TOLERENCE! Change strains AND Vendors as often as you can...I seldom take the same strain more than a couple times a month. That and keeping time between doses as LONG as possible helps too.
Thanks for the tip. Although, I do remain skeptical. I've even noticed cross-tolerance of Kratom with prescription opioids. I just figured the brain develops a tolerance to the Kratom alkaloid mitragynine, but the alkaloid content varies by strain. This isn't the first time I've heard this, actually. So I'll take your word for it. I've often noticed experience trumps academic study. Continue to keep us updated on the latest and best strains, Labdog! :)
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The One

Post by guitartodd77 »

Daniel wrote:
Thank you for your insight! I'm really looking forward to how the White 12 compares to the Gold 12. Keep us updated. :)
BB White Lot 12 (1906)
Please keep in mind that this info is based on one dose, in the morning and on an empty stomach. Results from a batch vary with me depending on several individual factors. Consequently, I cannot rate this batch off a single dose but, I will say that it is definitely different from the Gold 12 (1906). 1 hour after taking 4gs this morning, I was feeling relaxed similar to a mid spec green. No where near as stimulating as the Gold 12.

I waited an hour and a half, almost fell back asleep then decided my tolerance may be the issue. So I grabbed my Gold 12 (1906) and dosed 2gs of it just to see if it's just me. Nope. The Gold 12 lit me up like someone had flipped on a light switch in my mind. This Gold 12 is just awesome. The White 12 is good but no where near as stimulating or euphoric as the Gold 12.

Hope this helps.
User avatar
Daniel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The One

Post by Daniel »

guitartodd77 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Thank you for your insight! I'm really looking forward to how the White 12 compares to the Gold 12. Keep us updated. :)
BB White Lot 12 (1906)
Please keep in mind that this info is based on one dose, in the morning and on an empty stomach. Results from a batch vary with me depending on several individual factors. Consequently, I cannot rate this batch off a single dose but, I will say that it is definitely different from the Gold 12 (1906). 1 hour after taking 4gs this morning, I was feeling relaxed similar to a mid spec green. No where near as stimulating as the Gold 12.

I waited an hour and a half, almost fell back asleep then decided my tolerance may be the issue. So I grabbed my Gold 12 (1906) and dosed 2gs of it just to see if it's just me. Nope. The Gold 12 lit me up like someone had flipped on a light switch in my mind. This Gold 12 is just awesome. The White 12 is good but no where near as stimulating or euphoric as the Gold 12.

Hope this helps.
Yep, it does. Thank you!
Post Reply