I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
-
MollyB
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:57 pm
I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
I want to try the kratom extract, the one with the eyedropper bottle. I see it sells for approx $40 here and there. But I'm not sure which one to purchase. I'm not new to kratom, but I am new to extract. Is it really worth the money? Does it really work? Please advise. And can I also ask for a vendor to buy from? I appreciate your help.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Moving to General Discussion
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
First a PSA: I'm sure you've heard the warnings quite a few times, but tread lightly with extracts..they will increase your tolerance if used regularly without decreasing your normal Kratom dose to compensate.
Lots of good extracts out there right now though. My #1 is Magnum Opus.. they have a 10%, 20% and 30% ultra enhanced MD that will knock your socks off. There tincture is also very good, but I tend to prefer the 20% UEMD. If you are looking for the eye dropper liquid, this is where I would start. However, I do prefer the results from UEMD in powder form to the tincture. I can't say enough good things about MO botanicals and their product.
My #2 would be Carolina Kratom's Gold #45 extract. Little pricey, but it packs a punch with just 100-200mg.
#3 is Wonderland Gardens. They are a FB based vendor with a large menu. Excellent iso's and extracts at around $1-$2/g. No where near the potency of Magnum Opus or CKs Gold #45, but more cost efficient.
#4 Caleb's Concentrates. Good all around extracts done right. I've only tried the Full Spec Extract and it was a decent price with solid quality. Caleb definitely knows what he's doing and I would venture to guess his other products are too notch as well.
Plenty of other vendors with a decent extract, but these are definitely the top ones at the moment.
Lots of good extracts out there right now though. My #1 is Magnum Opus.. they have a 10%, 20% and 30% ultra enhanced MD that will knock your socks off. There tincture is also very good, but I tend to prefer the 20% UEMD. If you are looking for the eye dropper liquid, this is where I would start. However, I do prefer the results from UEMD in powder form to the tincture. I can't say enough good things about MO botanicals and their product.
My #2 would be Carolina Kratom's Gold #45 extract. Little pricey, but it packs a punch with just 100-200mg.
#3 is Wonderland Gardens. They are a FB based vendor with a large menu. Excellent iso's and extracts at around $1-$2/g. No where near the potency of Magnum Opus or CKs Gold #45, but more cost efficient.
#4 Caleb's Concentrates. Good all around extracts done right. I've only tried the Full Spec Extract and it was a decent price with solid quality. Caleb definitely knows what he's doing and I would venture to guess his other products are too notch as well.
Plenty of other vendors with a decent extract, but these are definitely the top ones at the moment.
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
So for the magnum opus UEMD do you think it is worth it? They say 400mg/.4g is the same as 4.5g of leaf. They charge 35 bucks for 5 grams, which is equal to about 55g or so of leaf so to speak, is that worth it?
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
For my experience, yes the 10% and 20% I tried did add up to 3g and 4g. The 20% was significantly stronger in my experience, possibly more than the equivalent of 4g. I can't imagine what the 30% would be. I do have a high tolerance and use extracts regularly..probably more than I should. Which is why I was pleasantly surprised to have it work so well.
As far as the cost, I purchased 4 caps of the 20% to test first. Not big on caps, so I opened them up. With extracts I always put half in my dose and half under my tongue (seems to make it hit quicker). 4 caps =$14. For the 10% I got the 5g. Promo code MOSUMMER15 for 15% off and the cost wasn't too bad at all compared to the quality.
Edit:. Just wanted to add that yes, extract is significantly overpriced, but the effects of these are much better than any dosage of leaf you will find out there. Highly, highly recommend...but again that's my experience..I'm sure there are some out there that may not be as obsessed with them
As far as the cost, I purchased 4 caps of the 20% to test first. Not big on caps, so I opened them up. With extracts I always put half in my dose and half under my tongue (seems to make it hit quicker). 4 caps =$14. For the 10% I got the 5g. Promo code MOSUMMER15 for 15% off and the cost wasn't too bad at all compared to the quality.
Edit:. Just wanted to add that yes, extract is significantly overpriced, but the effects of these are much better than any dosage of leaf you will find out there. Highly, highly recommend...but again that's my experience..I'm sure there are some out there that may not be as obsessed with them
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
I have never tried MOBO, however there's enough legit reviews around. Very good post. I have bought Caleb's and yes he's also well respected. Caleb's got the Co2 Supercritical - while MO's offers those UEI caps as you say.. Both of those products, are more expensive and stronger than regular FSE, full spectrum extract sold by many vendors.Ezriderx2x wrote:I can't say enough good things about MO botanicals and their product.
Both MO's and Caleb's offer Pure Alkaloid which costs around $35 for 1 gram. You must measure 100 mg/ one Tenth of a gram.
Bottom Line... these products are NOT "kratom", they are more like drugs made in a Lab. None of the drug makers, offer a 3rd party, Independent testing of what's really IN their magic caps and shots... So who knows? When we buy raw powder kratom from Indonesia, we're pretty certain we know WHAT we are getting. Plain Leaf Kratom.
Anyone who wants to buy Lab Made products, is looking for drugs... That's what you're getting. All Bets are OFF - as they say! Yes, you can OD on drugs - These are made, using a Secret Recipe, chemical mix of kratom (and whatever else is in there).
So.... Why not just go buy some drugs? Be a LOT cheaper ?? That's my question. smh
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
®eddit®efugee
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Ezriderx2x wrote:For my experience, yes the 10% and 20% I tried did add up to 3g and 4g. The 20% was significantly stronger in my experience, possibly more than the equivalent of 4g. I can't imagine what the 30% would be. I do have a high tolerance and use extracts regularly..probably more than I should. Which is why I was pleasantly surprised to have it work so well.
As far as the cost, I purchased 4 caps of the 20% to test first. Not big on caps, so I opened them up. With extracts I always put half in my dose and half under my tongue (seems to make it hit quicker). 4 caps =$14. For the 10% I got the 5g. Promo code MOSUMMER15 for 15% off and the cost wasn't too bad at all compared to the quality.
Edit:. Just wanted to add that yes, extract is significantly overpriced, but the effects of these are much better than any dosage of leaf you will find out there. Highly, highly recommend...but again that's my experience..I'm sure there are some out there that may not be as obsessed with them
I've tried making extracts twice and fucked it up both times. As someone who is really into extracts, have you tried making your own, and if so, any tips?
I think my problem is temperature.
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
I bought the sampler from Magnum Opus after reading this post yesterday. I was going to get the UEMD but figured I get more of a variety with the sampler in addition to adding in a red and a green. I believe the UEMD uses White MD.
* javagurl62
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Nope, never tried my own. I have been watching a YouTube video that shows the process of water, lemon, freeze then stove top and bake to evaporate. Might have to give that a try. 50/50 it's a disaster lol®eddit®efugee wrote:
I've tried making extracts twice and fucked it up both times. As someone who is really into extracts, have you tried making your own, and if so, any tips?
I think my problem is temperature.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
I've done it twice, using recipes I got off Reddit - use the Search Bar on Reddit, for words like Extract, Tek, ethanol. Find like 4 years and dozens of recipes .. HERE. I have done combo using Everclear, plus water base. Yeah, there's lots of details and ways to tweak it .. I was pleasantly surprised, just fumbling around it turned out OK.Ezriderx2x wrote:Nope, never tried my own. I have been watching a YouTube video that shows the process of water, lemon, freeze then stove top and bake to evaporate ... 50/50 it's a disaster lol
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
MollyB
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:57 pm
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Thank you to everyone who posted a reply, but I'm still not sure which liquid kratom to buy.
I accidentally bought a small bottle of what i thought was extract from Otie's Botanicals. (Not their fault- but mine, because I didn't know the difference between an extract and a tincture). I emailed to ask how much of this stuff do I use under my tongue, and they said the bottle I bought was a one-shot very bitter bottle. You drink the entire thing. What I really meant to buy--they said--was the other bottle with the eyedropper. Once dropper full under the tongue, and it tastes like honey, they said. I am happy with the dried kratom I did get from them, but I want to be able to take this stuff easily, instead of tossing and washing. I few drops that taste like honey sure do sound better than a few tsp of dried stinky kratom!
Any more help? Thank you. Oh, and I see some liquids have ethanol in them. Isn't that what is in gasoline? The bottle I got from Otie's said it was in alcohol. I haven't drank it yet. I'm scared to, because of the taste. Probably make me icky in the tummy too. My mistake to buy it.
I accidentally bought a small bottle of what i thought was extract from Otie's Botanicals. (Not their fault- but mine, because I didn't know the difference between an extract and a tincture). I emailed to ask how much of this stuff do I use under my tongue, and they said the bottle I bought was a one-shot very bitter bottle. You drink the entire thing. What I really meant to buy--they said--was the other bottle with the eyedropper. Once dropper full under the tongue, and it tastes like honey, they said. I am happy with the dried kratom I did get from them, but I want to be able to take this stuff easily, instead of tossing and washing. I few drops that taste like honey sure do sound better than a few tsp of dried stinky kratom!
Any more help? Thank you. Oh, and I see some liquids have ethanol in them. Isn't that what is in gasoline? The bottle I got from Otie's said it was in alcohol. I haven't drank it yet. I'm scared to, because of the taste. Probably make me icky in the tummy too. My mistake to buy it.
-
l5s1bgon
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:04 pm
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Ethanol=alcohol. The alks aren't water soluble so you will only find them in food grade ethanol (alcohol). You want to look for a pure alkaloid tincture, the only one I've had is Magnum Opus and it is A+. 1 ml (1 dropper full) contains 33 mg of pure alks, which is equivalent to ~1.5-2g of powdered leaf. Works great sublingual, will make your entire mouth numb, and doesn't taste anything like honey LOL. I like it best combined with powdered leaf but it works fine solo too.MollyB wrote:Thank you to everyone who posted a reply, but I'm still not sure which liquid kratom to buy.
I accidentally bought a small bottle of what i thought was extract from Otie's Botanicals. (Not their fault- but mine, because I didn't know the difference between an extract and a tincture). I emailed to ask how much of this stuff do I use under my tongue, and they said the bottle I bought was a one-shot very bitter bottle. You drink the entire thing. What I really meant to buy--they said--was the other bottle with the eyedropper. Once dropper full under the tongue, and it tastes like honey, they said. I am happy with the dried kratom I did get from them, but I want to be able to take this stuff easily, instead of tossing and washing. I few drops that taste like honey sure do sound better than a few tsp of dried stinky kratom!
Any more help? Thank you. Oh, and I see some liquids have ethanol in them. Isn't that what is in gasoline? The bottle I got from Otie's said it was in alcohol. I haven't drank it yet. I'm scared to, because of the taste. Probably make me icky in the tummy too. My mistake to buy it.
-
demafrost
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Are extracts more consistent than actual leaf? I'm assuming yes. I'm having a hard time lately with wildly inconsistent kratom effects. I'm aware of all the variables that go into it as well as tolerance, switching strains, potentiators, etc. but for whatever reason I can take a strain 3 different times and have one knock my socks off, one barely register with me and one right in the middle.
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Still same answer I gave above. Everyone who has used them will say Magnum Opus.MollyB wrote:Thank you to everyone who posted a reply, but I'm still not sure which liquid kratom to buy.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
I picked up something new based on a recommendation from a vendor. They are 50x "candy" extracts. The owner of this vendor told me that they are the strongest thing that they sell. Each "candy peice" is 4 servings and she would typically grind the candy down using a coffee grinder and then sprinkle it on her dose.
I just received a sample of white, green and red this afternoon. I plan on giving them a try this weekend and I'll let you know how they are. I'll provide the vendor detail at that time as well but I'm hoping someone else might have some experience with "candy" extracts.
BTW.... the "candy" is in no way sweet. In fact, its supposedly very bitter per the vendor. Definitely not something you want to just throw in your mouth. Guess I'll figure out some way to do this without a coffee grinder.
I just received a sample of white, green and red this afternoon. I plan on giving them a try this weekend and I'll let you know how they are. I'll provide the vendor detail at that time as well but I'm hoping someone else might have some experience with "candy" extracts.
BTW.... the "candy" is in no way sweet. In fact, its supposedly very bitter per the vendor. Definitely not something you want to just throw in your mouth. Guess I'll figure out some way to do this without a coffee grinder.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
A quick follow to my prior post...
The vendor for the "candy" is Teatime Botanicals. I tried 4gs of Teatime's W. Vietnam with a 1/4 piece of Teatime's 50x White Kratom "candy". Highly energetic and some slight pain releif. It feels like the "candy" is speeding up the burn slightly but it also causes itching with me.
My calculations are that it would cost me an extra dollar per dose to add 1/3 of a candy to a dose. It's not worth it in my opinion.
Also, the taste is very bitter. I didn't like it at all. Tried to put it under my tongue for a few mins but it was waaaaay to bitter for me so I ended up swallowing it.
Probably not what you are looking for but at least it's on the board for anyone else who might be curious.
Good luck! I'm curious as to what ends up working for you. I've tried SoCal's MaengDa extract, Otie's Orange ZSkittles 97% tincture and now Teatime's 50x "candy" extract. None of them are worth the cost in my opinion.
The vendor for the "candy" is Teatime Botanicals. I tried 4gs of Teatime's W. Vietnam with a 1/4 piece of Teatime's 50x White Kratom "candy". Highly energetic and some slight pain releif. It feels like the "candy" is speeding up the burn slightly but it also causes itching with me.
My calculations are that it would cost me an extra dollar per dose to add 1/3 of a candy to a dose. It's not worth it in my opinion.
Also, the taste is very bitter. I didn't like it at all. Tried to put it under my tongue for a few mins but it was waaaaay to bitter for me so I ended up swallowing it.
Probably not what you are looking for but at least it's on the board for anyone else who might be curious.
Good luck! I'm curious as to what ends up working for you. I've tried SoCal's MaengDa extract, Otie's Orange ZSkittles 97% tincture and now Teatime's 50x "candy" extract. None of them are worth the cost in my opinion.
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
My sampler from Magnum Opus came on Thursday. He threw in a tincture sample so I have pretty much every type that he sells. Do they all work? Yes! Sometimes a lttle too well. I add on to my regular dose except when I woke up for the third time before dawn and went and got what was left of the bottle of tincture and finished it off along with an Ativan. I thought I may need a little bit of dose because of the amount of kratom I have been using. This weekend is a slow down for me after playing with the extracts. My arthritic and in need of a replacement left hip is putting me back in a lot of pain when climbing steps. My new job is on the second floor and the ladies room is on the first floor.
I may be using the scary elevator for the next week and a half until my next image guided injection which left me instantaneously pain free for a few months 
* javagurl62
- swablero
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
- Location: NY
Re: I don't know which extract to buy. Help please?
Geat discussion And may I interject a quick aside. I may have missed it but the word tolerance wasn't mentioned. Most people know this but just in case there is someone new to the leaf reading this post. Be aware. You will hasten the end of your honeymoon. Managing dose size is rarely on anyone's mind when they start out but it becomes almost an obsession further on down the road.