New Kratom Protocol
-
Salo
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:20 pm
New Kratom Protocol
Got a question for the folks out there. What is your protocol for testing new strains? At first I was only burning 4 grams of a single strain once a day to make comparisons. Seemed like the scientific approach. I now see the errors of my ways. After finding this site, I went a little K’crazy and have quit the varied stock pile. I have seen Ballz mention that he (or whatever pronouns Ballz prefers?, don’t want to make assumptions) likes to mix Vendors and Colors. What are other’s approaches? I have largely been trying random mixes. Found a few gems that don’t really get me until I find the right pairing. (If there is already a thread like this, please politely tell me to go fuck myself and point me in its direction. Thanks!)
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: New Kratom Protocol
I'm interested in this topic as well.
My protocol is more about functionality with work vs a scheduled, regimented process. I typically plan my doses out a day prior and that usually ends up being 4x doses per day. The morning and lunch doses are always a single strain (unless pre-blended). My evening dose can go either way (single or blend) and my night dose is usually a blend.
I also try to rotate vendors if possible. Exp... If I go with Botanical Bunny on Monday, I'll try not to dose BB again until Thurs or Friday if I can.
A day typically looks like this.....
Mon 8 AM - Greenery WHK - 5g
Mon Noon - Liza's G. Pargrin - 5g
Mon 4 PM - BB PMD 12 - 4g
Mon 8 PM - Soul RJK - 4g
Tues 8 AM - Oties W. Indo - 5g
Tues Noon - RVA G. Sekeyam 5g
Tues 4 PM - STH W. Vietnam 2g / KTC G. Borneo 2g
Teus 8 PM - Gurada R. Sunda 2g / MitraMan GHK 2g
And so on trying not to use the same vendor in a 3 day span.
I'm considering stacking doses now. 2gs an hour perhaps but that may take up too much time at work. Just read about it and supposedly it helps the dosage to last longer? Like 6hrs vs 4hrs. Something else to test I guess.
As mentioned, I'm interested to hear how others manage their doses with multiple strains/vendors. I was a pretty simple kratom user for years. 3 or 4 strains from 2 or 3 vendors at a time. Then I found DoubleM.....
My protocol is more about functionality with work vs a scheduled, regimented process. I typically plan my doses out a day prior and that usually ends up being 4x doses per day. The morning and lunch doses are always a single strain (unless pre-blended). My evening dose can go either way (single or blend) and my night dose is usually a blend.
I also try to rotate vendors if possible. Exp... If I go with Botanical Bunny on Monday, I'll try not to dose BB again until Thurs or Friday if I can.
A day typically looks like this.....
Mon 8 AM - Greenery WHK - 5g
Mon Noon - Liza's G. Pargrin - 5g
Mon 4 PM - BB PMD 12 - 4g
Mon 8 PM - Soul RJK - 4g
Tues 8 AM - Oties W. Indo - 5g
Tues Noon - RVA G. Sekeyam 5g
Tues 4 PM - STH W. Vietnam 2g / KTC G. Borneo 2g
Teus 8 PM - Gurada R. Sunda 2g / MitraMan GHK 2g
And so on trying not to use the same vendor in a 3 day span.
I'm considering stacking doses now. 2gs an hour perhaps but that may take up too much time at work. Just read about it and supposedly it helps the dosage to last longer? Like 6hrs vs 4hrs. Something else to test I guess.
As mentioned, I'm interested to hear how others manage their doses with multiple strains/vendors. I was a pretty simple kratom user for years. 3 or 4 strains from 2 or 3 vendors at a time. Then I found DoubleM.....
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: New Kratom Protocol
Hi there. When testing new kratom, U should really have a standard routine, otherwise how to fairly judge? For most people, its the 1st serving of the day.. whether that's before, or after, breakfast.. Why, because for daily use, your longest break is overnight.. maybe 12 hours? So you start fresh the next day.. That's when you feel effects the most.Salo wrote:Got a question for the folks out there. What is your protocol for testing new strains?
So 1 New strain per day. Then, to have a reference point, do your regular favorite leaf the next day. Or later that evening. Yesterday I got a really nice, strong, burn from a combo: BB Verde + PMD 1907. So that's my marker for today, I'm doing BB Gold Bali.. tbh, a bit of a letdown compared to yesterday.. Maybe I just prefer greens? This Gold Bali feels good, its OK. I'm just not very good at putting a number on my "feelings", lol
Testing IS kind of a hassle.. But! Its fun to discover new kratom, too.. Normally I do prefer to blend, and I think ppl get in the habit of blending.. So again "To be Fair" you must do the Test strain solo. Give it a good 4 hours, eat Lunch, then make your judgement.. Even if effects were very mild or weak. Don't just give up, and reach for something else.
Kratom Abusers, can't test kratom because they are clueless anyway.. Those doing 9 grams every 2 hours / 50g per day etc, wrestling with their demons... should just give up. Accept that kratom ain't gonna kill you / its really NOT very strong. Compared to heroin.. sorry.
We always hear about tolerance.. kratom isn't working.. people unhappy with kratom.. hoping there's some mythical "super strain" out there.. One vendor who's leaf is better than others.. Lots of folks wanting something stronger and stronger.... Bottom line, that's just not kratom.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
FireK
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 833
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am
Re: New Kratom Protocol
Rotation of vendors and strains is key at least it has worked for me. I also like to take a new strain solo, get a feel for it and then blend. I try not to use the same vendor in a day but some overlap. I like to incorporate older and newer strains in the day and of course the different "colors". I usually start with about 2 g first thing in the AM as a primer(usually don't feel much but its a base to build on) Then after about 60-90 min ill pick what type of strain im looking for usually mid-faster green or white and see how im feeling. Then midday Ill pick a random blend I think will do the trick. Then early evening start with the slower strains.