That foggy feeling some strains give- what works best?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Greenbelle
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 pm

That foggy feeling some strains give- what works best?

Post by Greenbelle »

I'm relatively new to kratom, with several dozen strains from 5 vendors- the collection is growing fast!

My question is whether all slower strains come with that foggy feeling, and if it will always take a faster strain to retain mental clarity & motivation.
I've been joking with a friend that I need to start a spreadsheet, and I think I actually will, as consuming kratom seems to be both an art & a science.

This board has provided a lot of helpful information...thank you to everyone who shares what they know. It's incredibly helpful.

What I'm primarily looking for is mood lift & motivation, with occasional end-of-the-day mellowness/feel goodness without too much sedation. Am aware that rotating strains is crucial to keeping the things that work working, and that blends are another tier of experimentation.

Are there any hard & fast (or even "usual") rules to what will provide that happy kick-in-the-ass feeling that a good Green Maeng Da seems to provide? Strains you love, or ways of potentiating & making the burn last? Any other advice that changed your overall kratom experience for the better?

Thank you for anything you feel moved to share, wonderful kratom community!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: That foggy feeling some strains give- what works best?

Post by herbalhippie »

Greenbelle wrote: as consuming kratom seems to be both an art & a science.
Profound and very true!
Joedaddy77
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Re: That foggy feeling some strains give- what works best?

Post by Joedaddy77 »

I've heard gut health is very important when consuming Kratom daily.
Last edited by Joedaddy77 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: That foggy feeling some strains give- what works best?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Greenbelle wrote:My question is whether all slower strains come with that foggy feeling,
Welcome, good question.. Yes I think that's the slow feeling, some people WANT in kratom! lol :lol: Y'know the Pain Relief folks who mainly use kratom, to help them sleep and.. take away the pain. Bring on the Fog!

We hear kratom describes as "balanced" leaf, as being desirable - I agree, a Mid-spec feeling that has no negatives, No fast jitters, No slow brain fog. And also has a clean effect, without any serious anxiety on the come down...

Wobbles or eye wobbles, are a different side effect and IMO a result of lower quality leaf that is also slow.

So that describes some negative side effects .. Nobody knows exactly what other factors, may be a cause ? For example, maybe a foggy feeling is caused by foods, or lack of sleep ? Seems like we would need to keep a log, before blaming everything on a strain the 1st Time using that strain?

Just rambling here.. good stuff :ugeek:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Post Reply