Natural high tolerance to pain meds
-
carob
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:16 am
Natural high tolerance to pain meds
I think I have a natural high tolerance to opiod's. Pain meds never really worked for me after my c section. It seems to be a trait that runs in our family.
Does anyone here have this issue and which brand, blend, type of kratom are you using? I literally feel no discernible reaction with reds and greens. Yellows are the only type that seems to affect me at all by giving me an overall sense of well being and a calm mood. I know I just answered my own question with the yellows but I'm still curious how others with similar body chemistry handle the pain.
Does anyone here have this issue and which brand, blend, type of kratom are you using? I literally feel no discernible reaction with reds and greens. Yellows are the only type that seems to affect me at all by giving me an overall sense of well being and a calm mood. I know I just answered my own question with the yellows but I'm still curious how others with similar body chemistry handle the pain.
-
ConcernedMom420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am
Re: Natural high tolerance to pain meds
If that is the case, then I would assume you just need to take more than the average person to feel it. but even with no tolerance, bunk or average kratom May have little to no effect on most people. Maybe you could search around for some super good batches depending on where you already buy from?
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Natural high tolerance to pain meds
Maybe you're a fast metabolizer and I think I remember seeing a discussion somewhere about that and that it is a genetic thing.
You can try using CYP3A4 inhibitors to slow down metabolization. Moringa is one and is good for you as well. Omeprazole (Prilosec) is another.
You can try using CYP3A4 inhibitors to slow down metabolization. Moringa is one and is good for you as well. Omeprazole (Prilosec) is another.
-
carob
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:16 am
Re: Natural high tolerance to pain meds
I'm going to try both concernedmom and herbalhippie recommendations. Fast metabolizing never occurred to me. Will check it all out. Thanks so much!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Natural high tolerance to pain meds
You're welcome!
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Natural high tolerance to pain meds
carob wrote:I think I have a natural high tolerance to opiod's. Pain meds never really worked for me after my c section. It seems to be a trait that runs in our family.
Does anyone here have this issue and which brand, blend, type of kratom are you using? I literally feel no discernible reaction with reds and greens. Yellows are the only type that seems to affect me at all by giving me an overall sense of well being and a calm mood. I know I just answered my own question with the yellows but I'm still curious how others with similar body chemistry handle the pain.
Have you tried adjusting your dose? Maybe using greens or reds with your yellows?
-
carob
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:16 am
Re: Natural high tolerance to pain meds
I'm going to try that today catfatherb. Thanks ! 