Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
For a short period of time, the kratom industry was under threat by the Ministry of Health in Indonesia. As many of you know, the announcement that kratom would be banned from export in 5 years has expired and is no longer relevant.
In the Indonesian political system, the president ultimately has the final call on policy. Last night he broke his silence on the kratom industry and hinted that he supported it as an important agricultural commodity to Indonesia. That's good news
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
gumbyke1 wrote:For a short period of time, the kratom industry was under threat by the Ministry of Health in Indonesia. As many of you know, the announcement that kratom would be banned from export in 5 years has expired and is no longer relevant.
In the Indonesian political system, the president ultimately has the final call on policy. Last night he broke his silence on the kratom industry and hinted that he supported it as an important agricultural commodity to Indonesia. That's good news
Thanks so much for posting this, and continuing to be a knowledgeable force in this community Gumby!!! I know that I am much appreciative of stuff like this, as I'm sure, many other are/will be as well....
Scott renegade wrote:Now we hope he doesn't cave to political pressure,but great news...
We have to hope they already tried. More likely they'll try to take him out and install a puppet instead of further attempts at changing his mind, and that's no good for ANYONE.
Lol... you guys wouldn't believe this story if I had time to share the whole thing... but China may actually be responsible for saving kratom in Indonesia. Seriously, China is getting in on it now... they want the kratom to flow.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
gumbyke1 wrote:Lol... you guys wouldn't believe this story if I had time to share the whole thing... but China may actually be responsible for saving kratom in Indonesia. Seriously, China is getting in on it now... they want the kratom to flow.
Any clue on motive here? Seems a little wonky! Could it be as simple as the US government DOESN'T want it to flow so they're just being passive-aggressive? If so, I wouldn't be surprised!
There are a lot of moving parts, but the extremely short version is with the US/China trade war, both countries are searching high and low for ways to poke the other in the eye. In the US the pharmaceutical industry is a major industry and wields a lot of influence politically. The US alone accounts for roughly 45 percent of the global pharmaceutical market, which is around 446 billion. China is investing hard around the globe to de-regulate drugs that widdle away at the US market share and apparently kratom made it on their target list.
I know this sounds like a stretch and even a bit conspiratorial, but I can assure you its the case. I was told some time ago by a good source that the cancellation of the 5-year ban was going to be announced well before it actually happened.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
Well...with little bitches like Gottlieb prancing around the world trying to either bribe or just plain tell people how to run their countries, I can totally see why China would want to do that. It's funny. I wonder if those in the government know how much the rest of the world truly despises them. I dont know about you, but for ME, it's extremely hard to get anyone from another country to trust that I'm not that way, too. Hey, I'm with them here. I dont really like my government very much at all and understand where they're coming from. To the US government, there's no problem that a rain of bullets or a little old fashioned mob style attitude adjustment" won't fix. We are global bullies. I would hate us too. Also, if you think you can shock me with conspiracies, I welcome the challenge. There's literally nothing you could say that would shock me about how horrible and just plain GRIMY our country treats pretty much every other country or even it's own people. Seriously. You're preaching to the choir on this one Gumby. Thanks for the follow up.
gumbyke1 wrote:There are a lot of moving parts, but the extremely short version is with the US/China trade war, both countries are searching high and low for ways to poke the other in the eye. In the US the pharmaceutical industry is a major industry and wields a lot of influence politically. The US alone accounts for roughly 45 percent of the global pharmaceutical market, which is around 446 billion. China is investing hard around the globe to de-regulate drugs that widdle away at the US market share and apparently kratom made it on their target list.
I know this sounds like a stretch and even a bit conspiratorial, but I can assure you its the case. I was told some time ago by a good source that the cancellation of the 5-year ban was going to be announced well before it actually happened.
Mind blown. Does sound like a conspiracy theory, but 100% believable. That's probably the only good thing that'll come out of this trade war.
mivanqua wrote:Well...with little bitches like Gottlieb prancing around the world trying to either bribe or just plain tell people how to run their countries, I can totally see why China would want to do that. It's funny. I wonder if those in the government know how much the rest of the world truly despises them. I dont know about you, but for ME, it's extremely hard to get anyone from another country to trust that I'm not that way, too. Hey, I'm with them here. I dont really like my government very much at all and understand where they're coming from. To the US government, there's no problem that a rain of bullets or a little old fashioned mob style attitude adjustment" won't fix. We are global bullies. I would hate us too. Also, if you think you can shock me with conspiracies, I welcome the challenge. There's literally nothing you could say that would shock me about how horrible and just plain GRIMY our country treats pretty much every other country or even it's own people. Seriously. You're preaching to the choir on this one Gumby. Thanks for the follow up.
Yeah, I never imagined that this trade war becomes a savior of kratom, lol :lol
My involvement in the kratom industry has certainly shed some light on how the world really works. Although we live in the land of the free, not everything is as "free and fair" as it appears on the surface. There are some very powerful people who yield a great deal of power and use it to serve their own interest... I am seeing it play out first hand.
With that said, Im a pretty patriotic person - I love this country. Despite its flaws (and there are many), I still think its the greatest nation on this earth.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
I love our country very much as well. It's just those few you mentioned that ruin it for everyone. As far as beauty, we have some of every imaginable type of land. Mountains, lakes, oceans, mesas, deserts, et. al. It's a special place for sure. Not a lot of countries have it all as we do. It's just the propaganda I hate. The license to lie the media has. Not just with kratom. They lie about most everything. Nobody likes being lied to.
I try so very hard not to let it get in the way of my appreciation. I do. Sometimes that isnt easy, though.
As far as the trade war saving kratom all I can say is that God works in mysterious ways! Haha!