Kratom OD

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
jaybird
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Kratom OD

Post by jaybird »

https://www.kmov.com/news/kratom-craze- ... 4f44b.html

has anyone read about this? there seems to be lots of disinformation out there on kratom. every time you read about someone arrested for kratom more than likely there were other factors such as having meth and coke, and all the kratom deaths when you read further you find they had other drugs in their system. this article seems to suggest the lady was only taking kratom and it killed her. im not sure i believe it.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Kratom OD

Post by mivanqua »

I don't even need to LOOK at the article. It's literally 100% IMPOSSIBLE to OD on kratom. Well...you can OD, but that's the wobbles. Worst case scenario. If she was ALLERGIC, maybe it killed her if she took a ton, but anything on the planet can kill you if you're allergic, I don't see how kratom can be blamed for allergies, but as usual, the media finds a way. I'm pretty fed up with the bullshit and would love to see some PROOF of kratom's toxicity. Not WORDS, not WARNINGS, PROOF. Here's the $10,000 question : ready? How many people died from overdoses on FDA APPROVED medicines whilst you were reading this article? Oh, never you mind, they would never try to mislead you....would they???? Haha! Fuck them AND the horse they rode in on. The beauty of it is that this little disinformation campaign they're running on kratom is shedding light on their bullshit TO EVERYONE including my ultra-conservative mom. That's the silver lining (if there is one.)
®eddit®efugee
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Kratom OD

Post by ®eddit®efugee »

OD'd once because the bag wasn't labeled with how much extract was in it (50% when I was expecting 5-10%.) I vomited twice and I think I had diarrhea twice. But yeah, OD deaths, I agree it's most likely a combination of benzos, alcohol and whatever else that's been mentioned in alleged "kratom deaths." Very irritating how clear the bias is.oh they had heroin in their system too? Well it was clearly the kratom!
jaybird
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: Kratom OD

Post by jaybird »

https://www.waaytv.com/content/news/DeK ... 20821.html

here is another thats pretty pathetic. an interstate kratom drug ring. about 170 grams of kratom and a bottle of some pills i never heard of. they were caught taking this little bag of kratom from tx to ny. 170 grams which is about $50.00, all that for 50 dollars are you kidding me? you could make more selling bails of hay, you could make more with a lemonade stand, i thought drug dealers drove ferraris and owned helicopters.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Kratom OD

Post by mivanqua »

jaybird wrote:https://www.waaytv.com/content/news/DeK ... 20821.html

here is another thats pretty pathetic. an interstate kratom drug ring. about 170 grams of kratom and a bottle of some pills i never heard of. they were caught taking this little bag of kratom from tx to ny. 170 grams which is about $50.00, all that for 50 dollars are you kidding me? you could make more selling bails of hay, you could make more with a lemonade stand, i thought drug dealers drove ferraris and owned helicopters.
Nope. You were dead wrong. Drug dealers drive work trucks and own 6 chicken wings from the corner bodega. Now you know!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom OD

Post by herbalhippie »

jaybird wrote:https://www.waaytv.com/content/news/DeK ... 20821.html

here is another thats pretty pathetic. an interstate kratom drug ring. about 170 grams of kratom and a bottle of some pills i never heard of. they were caught taking this little bag of kratom from tx to ny. 170 grams which is about $50.00, all that for 50 dollars are you kidding me? you could make more selling bails of hay, you could make more with a lemonade stand, i thought drug dealers drove ferraris and owned helicopters.
I believe Vyvanse is a stimulant drug used for narcolepsy. Might be wrong.

KRATOM TRAFFICKING OPERATION. :o 6 ounces. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Kratom OD

Post by mivanqua »

herbalhippie wrote:
jaybird wrote:https://www.waaytv.com/content/news/DeK ... 20821.html

here is another thats pretty pathetic. an interstate kratom drug ring. about 170 grams of kratom and a bottle of some pills i never heard of. they were caught taking this little bag of kratom from tx to ny. 170 grams which is about $50.00, all that for 50 dollars are you kidding me? you could make more selling bails of hay, you could make more with a lemonade stand, i thought drug dealers drove ferraris and owned helicopters.
I believe Vyvanse is a stimulant drug used for narcolepsy. Might be wrong.

KRATOM TRAFFICKING OPERATION. :o 6 ounces. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Narcolepsy and ADD/ADHD.
Thekid1420
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am

Re: Kratom OD

Post by Thekid1420 »

Ya Vyvanse is a lot like Adderall. It lasts longer though.
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Kratom OD

Post by KurtisCards »

I would really like to see a full tox screen, unless she had underlying health problems or something, there is no way she fatally overdosed on kratom. and the husband being all "I want justice!" about it is ridiculous.

People die, people die from drugs, people die from car accidents, people die from random shit. Doesn't mean we need to run around banning everything that has ever caused someone to die. seems freaking ridiculous.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Kratom OD

Post by mivanqua »

®eddit®efugee wrote:OD'd once because the bag wasn't labeled with how much extract was in it (50% when I was expecting 5-10%.) I vomited twice and I think I had diarrhea twice. But yeah, OD deaths, I agree it's most likely a combination of benzos, alcohol and whatever else that's been mentioned in alleged "kratom deaths." Very irritating how clear the bias is.oh they had heroin in their system too? Well it was clearly the kratom!
That's different. And still not fatal. These poor made up saps are dying from KRATOM (to me, that means plain leaf.) If they were dying from extract, I'm confident they would call it "mitragynine toxicity." I'm pretty sure the cause of death with the pretend gang of "victims" is mitragyna speciosa and that i's ridiculous. Every single death from kratom also includes other things. Literally every single one. But i get what you're saying, I'm ot disputing it, just....elaborating...
jaybird
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: Kratom OD

Post by jaybird »

KurtisCards wrote:I would really like to see a full tox screen, unless she had underlying health problems or something, there is no way she fatally overdosed on kratom. and the husband being all "I want justice!" about it is ridiculous.

People die, people die from drugs, people die from car accidents, people die from random shit. Doesn't mean we need to run around banning everything that has ever caused someone to die. seems freaking ridiculous.
the husband screaming for justice makes me suspicious, as if his wife was one of hundreds of kratom deaths in the neighborhood and someone has to do something before thousands more die. its overkill.
jaybird
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: Kratom OD

Post by jaybird »

mivanqua wrote:I don't even need to LOOK at the article. It's literally 100% IMPOSSIBLE to OD on kratom. Well...you can OD, but that's the wobbles. Worst case scenario. If she was ALLERGIC, maybe it killed her if she took a ton, but anything on the planet can kill you if you're allergic, I don't see how kratom can be blamed for allergies, but as usual, the media finds a way. I'm pretty fed up with the bullshit and would love to see some PROOF of kratom's toxicity. Not WORDS, not WARNINGS, PROOF. Here's the $10,000 question : ready? How many people died from overdoses on FDA APPROVED medicines whilst you were reading this article? Oh, never you mind, they would never try to mislead you....would they???? Haha! Fuck them AND the horse they rode in on. The beauty of it is that this little disinformation campaign they're running on kratom is shedding light on their bullshit TO EVERYONE including my ultra-conservative mom. That's the silver lining (if there is one.)
"and the horse they rode in on" lol havent heard that in a while. what happened to all the hip phrases? it all started going to shit when they started saying "cool beans" and "happy camper" and now everyone is doing those stupid fist pumps. the new generations keep getting more nerdy.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom OD

Post by beathappening »

jaybird wrote: 170 grams which is about $50.00, all that for 50 dollars are you kidding me?
:| 170 grams should be like $20. If you're paying 50 for that much you're getting taken advantage of. I know it's off topic, I'm just sayin
jaybird
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: Kratom OD

Post by jaybird »

beathappening wrote:
jaybird wrote: 170 grams which is about $50.00, all that for 50 dollars are you kidding me?
:| 170 grams should be like $20. If you're paying 50 for that much you're getting taken advantage of. I know it's off topic, I'm just sayin
I think the cops always list the retail value not the wholesale as that makes a bigger impression.
Interesting note that the retail value is never listed
Kilo of coke - thousands
Kilo of kratom - less than a hundred
That's a dead give away it's not the same league.
Post Reply