Review Criteria?
-
ModestMark90
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:28 am
Review Criteria?
I posted a review about BB’s MD 12 (1907). As I was writing I started thinking that we should post some standard criteria to follow when doing reviews. Any suggestions? I graded on euphoria, social ability, sedation and energy. What would be some other things to include when doing a review to help out in the future?
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Review Criteria?
Pain relief is an important quality to many people. But if you don't have pain then it is hard to judge that factor.
-
ModestMark90
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:28 am
Re: Review Criteria?
That’s understandable. I do tree work right now and come home, not necessarily in pain, but definitely sore. I think anyone who does kratom can understand soreness relief at a minimum. Thanks for the input!conscious_conundrum wrote:Pain relief is an important quality to many people. But if you don't have pain then it is hard to judge that factor.
-
Pete2000
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Re: Review Criteria?
In my personal Kratom logs I rate duration, mood, and pain relief as poor, average, good or great. I also note speed(slow, mid, fast) and any other positive(euphoria, clarity) and negative(anxiety, agitation) effects.
Good question, interested in seeing what others look for.
Good question, interested in seeing what others look for.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Review Criteria?
I'd like to know:
1: how long have you been taking kratom?
2: what size is your dose?
3: how many times a day do you dose?
4: how long has it been since you previously dosed?
I feel these questions have an impact on someone else looking for a likewise "experience"
1: how long have you been taking kratom?
2: what size is your dose?
3: how many times a day do you dose?
4: how long has it been since you previously dosed?
I feel these questions have an impact on someone else looking for a likewise "experience"
-
ModestMark90
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:28 am
Re: Review Criteria?
All really good feedback so far. I’ll definitely include these in my future reviews. Maybe we sticky a thread like in the Vendor/Strain reviews section?
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Review Criteria?
Isn’t there a suggestions area for this?
Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree, and having the personal context is important. I try to review based on:
Physical- color, taste, grind
Effects -Pain relief, Anxiety reduction, Mood lift, Energy, sedation,Focus, Overall
Something like that maybe
Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree, and having the personal context is important. I try to review based on:
Physical- color, taste, grind
Effects -Pain relief, Anxiety reduction, Mood lift, Energy, sedation,Focus, Overall
Something like that maybe
-
ModestMark90
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:28 am
Re: Review Criteria?
Thanks for the feedback. I don’t see a suggestions area, though. Maybe they can move it to the right thread?fusedflora wrote:Isn’t there a suggestions area for this?
Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree, and having the personal context is important. I try to review based on:
Physical- color, taste, grind
Effects -Pain relief, Anxiety reduction, Mood lift, Energy, sedation,Focus, Overall
Something like that maybe
- su9861
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh Pa
- Contact:
Re: Review Criteria?
I suppose being one of those " backpack" thingys ( I use ziplock?? ) I have done my share of testing....100 s of kgs. My criteria is 1st the grind...course, med or fine...Similar to coffee & how it mixes into my morning coffee. Smell..also would be right up there as far as how fresh it seems & taste I do enjoy swishhing it around a bit before swallowing. Odd perhaps, but I have grown to really like the taste. then the typical mood & effects on my body. I am more of a green guy But a good red is nice too. relaxing & calming. so there you have my general analysis / criteria for any new batch,
Oh ya the name - Super Grandmonthers Green Zaeewna Bali Oldest Deep Forest Maeng Da Horn Like I was expecting some really really powerful & outstanding....BUT just typical kratom... I do a majority of combining 3-4 different strains to get a better overall product than any one separately. I take T breaks every week & my 2-3 gram dose is on the light side.
Oh ya the name - Super Grandmonthers Green Zaeewna Bali Oldest Deep Forest Maeng Da Horn Like I was expecting some really really powerful & outstanding....BUT just typical kratom... I do a majority of combining 3-4 different strains to get a better overall product than any one separately. I take T breaks every week & my 2-3 gram dose is on the light side.
Last edited by su9861 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Review Criteria?
Yes. These factual conditions, can make ALL the difference in "reviews". Without these.. Why should anyone care or trust, anonymous opinions ?? But... people do, because they've only got X dollars to spend. What % of reviews are shills, a few probably. A fewCatfatherB wrote:1: how long have you been taking kratom?
2: what size is your dose?
3: how many times a day do you dose?
4: how long has it been since you previously dosed?
Most people don't bother to write a "review". So we NEED, the experience level / tolerance factors / context..
Find out Reviewer is taking HUGE doses? Reject!! Worthless to me... aside from Pain Relief "maybe", everything else is totally subjective. Can anyone define their Mood Lift ? Isn't it true that mood and feelings, can change from day to day?
Someone recently posted, they'd taken 3 NEW strains, back to back. On the same day 2 hours apart. Then claimed the 3rd leaf was weak ?? haha
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
FossilsAreRocks
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:32 pm
Re: Review Criteria?
How would you have criteria? I personally like to take kratom with as little tolerance as possible which means long breaks. Therefore, my experience is different than someone who takes it daily, yet both are useful to know.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Review Criteria?
Then people who use around the same as you may benefit from your review? I'm sure you fit someone's criteria. I wouldn't want a review from someone who has been taking kratom for a month? And I'm not sayin you have but there have to be limits?FossilsAreRocks wrote:How would you have criteria? I personally like to take kratom with as little tolerance as possible which means long breaks. Therefore, my experience is different than someone who takes it daily, yet both are useful to know.