The wobbles

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Gopherdude
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:01 pm

The wobbles

Post by Gopherdude »

So i have expirenced the wobbles a time or two and had a question. Do you only get the wobbles from taking to much crappy leaf or do you get them from just taking to much in general. Recently I got my hands on some amazing kratom and noticed that no matter how much I took I wouldn't get the wobbles. But as soon as I took a large dose of decent kratom they hit like a ton of bricks. Want to see what everyone's thoughts were.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: The wobbles

Post by brave777 »

My personal opinion, some if you over take, and you knows its fire, you will get wobbles/nausea, nausea is easy to take care of, make a brew of ginger or have some strong ginger candy and eat some food. Sometimes people get use to taking 6-8 grams per dose then they have a fire batch that wrecks them, when i took half the dose its just like taking 6-8 grams, that's why i tell everyone if its new strain, take half and work your way up, even if its more weaker, way risk having wobbles? One time i even thought it was bunk and bad, until half year later i tried again my put away strain and Wow it blew me away... My only advice, take half less on something new you trying to have no problems. If you get shitty feeling from half less, then try few more times before you put it away because there is sometimes shitty feel kratom no matter how much you take. Good luck.

Edit: With fire strains i try to blend them, ALWAYS blend. they are the best for blending.. Like i got 3 fire strains, red, green and white. or red, green and another green. i do 2+2+2 of your fav fire strains, thats 6 a dose. You basically have a power house spectrum. always have 2g red and 4green or green and white if you working or need to do tasks but wants that background relaxation same time the green and white will over power that 2 red. Just my personal experience. Sometimes if you know and tested the blend more then 5 times, you can take all those 3 strains , mix it evenly and shake it very well, and call it your own name.

Like one example would be: kratom trading co RED BORNEO 2g, Socal green vietnam the one that was popular back then 2 green, then 2 smileys super green.... If you got all that, try it. I tested many times, and enjoy it a lot. I did try super green 6 grams or 6 grams socal green, never liked it at high dose, something was off for me. I like to keep fire with other fires mixed with low doses. Even 3 grams smileys green and KTC 3g red borneo is nice. I prefer making 3 blends tops. Just personal choice.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: The wobbles

Post by mivanqua »

I was afraid to.even click on this topic. It's like the birds and the bees talk with your kid. NOTHING can make.it.in any way worthwhile. It sucks for EVERYBODY!
That being said, sometimes i get the wobbles if I mix the wrong.strains together. Sometimes its just.one strain. Lizas PMD3 gives me.the wobbles basically if I even.LOOK at it. Not really, but you know what I mean...
And sometimes, everything will be fine and something will happen and I move my eyes funny and therein begins the wobbles!
Conversely, I have pushed the envelope with really nice strains and no matter how much I take, NO WOBBLES! They are weird and, I think, pretty unexplainable. Gumby said in a post a long time.ago about the various alkaloids in kratom.that he thinks the importance of the other alkaloids is understated, and not only do I agree with this, I think that one of.those forty or so alkaloids is the "wobble alkaloid" its kratom's thebaine. Which one? Your guess is as good as mine...
BurntEnds
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am

Re: The wobbles

Post by BurntEnds »

I believe it most often happens with unbalanced leaf. I've had great luck blending more coarsely ground strains that contain some stem and vein in with strains that give me the wobbles or alternatively just adding a small amount of pure stem and vein. Similar to what mivanqua mentioned above when the leaf is missing some of the agonist/antagonist alkaloids that are present in higher amounts in the s/v it sometimes becomes unbalanced.

Nature often makes things the way the are for a reason :!: We are now learning this same thing about CBD in the cannabis plant after attempting to breed all of it out for many years that it has a purpose being in there. Likewise removal of all stem and vein had its reasons however is it possible we've gone too far sometimes? I dunno but I do know adding some s/v will stop a case of the wobbles for me at least.
Celestial-Oceanic
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am

Re: The wobbles

Post by Celestial-Oceanic »

I think it has to do with the overall alkaloid profile than general potency or serving amount.

I rarely get the wobbles, but recently was cursed with wobbles on consecutive burns. The leaf was Smiley and Treasure House, so its quality leaf.
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: The wobbles

Post by WhiteAngelica »

Gopherdude wrote:So i have expirenced the wobbles a time or two and had a question. Do you only get the wobbles from taking to much crappy leaf or do you get them from just taking to much in general. Recently I got my hands on some amazing kratom and noticed that no matter how much I took I wouldn't get the wobbles. But as soon as I took a large dose of decent kratom they hit like a ton of bricks. Want to see what everyone's thoughts were.
My experience with the wobbles is that it is usually something I bring on myself, and that it has happened with potent leaf.

I take a certain amount with every kratom dosage, and tend to stick to that threshold. Sometimes there has been a very potent kratom that requires I lessen or even halve my dose. No, it's not crappy kratom that does it.

Usually though, I can screw this up by taking kratom (mostly for pain and mood) and I don't give it a generous time to work. Some strains have hit me quite quickly. Others, I have had to learn to be patient and it will kick in an hour later. The biggest mistake is that I measure up & take my kratom, only to mistakenly thinking, 'well, nothing is happening' and I decide to take more. My impatience, or the mistaken belief that the kratom was weak and I simply needed larger doses, ignores the fact that we metabolize things differently and what I have described is a surefire way I have given myself the wobbles. I drink a lot, I eat a lot, and sometimes have to take a klonopin after the fact. This mostly never happens now, but if I try to piggy back a new dose on the tail of a previous dose that is working still, even if it has been hours, I get the wobbles also if I try to mess around with my schedule. I have a certain dose I take about 6 hours apart from the next. If I decide I'm going to add an extra scoop because 'nothing has happened' in the first hour, it's a slow creeper strain that will likely last a long part of the day. Adding to it under the false impression that it is not working or is weak has had me digging my own wobbles ditch, into which I will consistently fall. This is why I don't do this anymore, and everyone lived happily ever after.
The Red Queen
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: The wobbles

Post by beathappening »

I get wobbles from different vendors. I think there's the alkaloids that causes wobbles that are more potent in some strains than others. I've had terrific kratom with no wobbles, and just average kratom that has a low percentage of that. A theory is only one or several alkaloids cause it, where as shitty kratom will have be more and more likely to cause wobbles-and those wobbles are incapacitating. I don't know of anyone way to get rid of them, just lay down and wait it out. I've also had some garbage kratom with out wobbles all, which makes me think it's a certain alkaloid or mixture of that its perfectly balanced.

Bottom line; if you don't get the woobles, you'se you abnormally luckig
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: The wobbles

Post by CatfatherB »

Here recently I found a bag that I never opened of Gold Bali from Canopy so I opened it up tried a upper sized dose cause I figured, it's old Canopy kratom? About 45 minutes in I felt it in my eyes, I couldn't focus on any one thing for very long, I didn't try to stop it, I just rode it out. Anyway that's the closest ive had to wobbles in close to 2 years. I won't underestimate an unopened bag again, hell I've finished the bag and ordered more!! I hope its as great as the one they had a year ago!! :geek:
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: The wobbles

Post by beathappening »

Gopherdude wrote:So i have expirenced the wobbles a time or two and had a question. Do you only get the wobbles from taking to much crappy leaf or do you get them from just taking to much in general. Recently I got my hands on some amazing kratom and noticed that no matter how much I took I wouldn't get the wobbles. But as soon as I took a large dose of decent kratom they hit like a ton of bricks. Want to see what everyone's thoughts were.
Yeah same. I've let it get out of hang before and taken too much. Whemile it's disappointing, it's not uncomfortable. Then there are those tims where I take a completely normal doses, and my wobbles are unmanageable. There's no at home cure or remedy, just lying down and watching to pass. Not to mrntionr vomit when possible. For me it's few and far between, and I try to keep my tolerance in check, but here and there I get blind sided by wobbles and can't get even go out, because I know it look obvious and there's no way I coul drive on it. Even walking through the room because it's dangerous. The only thing I like a about it, is caps off my dose do I can't keep trying to make more. my addiction past is still alive and more is never enough, so it's useful with kratom that you can't just do that.
Post Reply