Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
- michaelconstipe
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 am
Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
On my third year of kratom use for severe depression and mild body pain. No more noticing of effects from any caffeine. Kratom and caffeine were like a force of nature in my first 6 months of kratom daily use. Now it's all the same dull feeling, any caffeine mixed with kratom. Memory issues possibly from heavy metal poisoning. Overlseeping and waking up with heavy body and pain, inertia. Kratom may not be the best choice for daily use to treat depression and pain. Also the pain is still there i just am able to tolerate it more, in my first year of use the pain was not known, I was in a beautiful place. Now I am back in the bowels of the earth
- michaelconstipe
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 am
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
I also want to add that my sleep quality sucks. I'm sleeping 8-9 hours a night and feeling like I slept 6 if I was off kratom and on something like a stimulating antidepressant
- michaelconstipe
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 am
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
Also want to clarify, before I perma-numbed myself with my kratom habit I used to notice the calming effect of green tea, the unique calm feeling in the gut from a Kefir smoothie, etc. All those days are long gone now that I am a heavy kratomite, everything is less noticeable.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
Michael you didn't say, what is your Daily Total gpd now, after 3 years? Lately I read all these stories on Reddit I'm starting to think the majority of kratomites are abusing the leaf.. I'm also around 3 years now. In my experience all BAD side effects come from over consumption:
I don't get it. Take a break, people!
- Tolerance issues, Kratom not working
- Inter Dose withdrawals!
- Brain Fog, lazy thinking
- Sleep issues and RLS
- Hair Loss, skin problems
I don't get it. Take a break, people!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
mamadollface7912
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:55 pm
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
I personally take 14gpd MAX (2-3g every 4 or 5 hours) and also have been dulled to caffeine as well. Over 3 years now taking it.BallzDeep9 wrote:Michael you didn't say, what is your Daily Total gpd now, after 3 years? Lately I read all these stories on Reddit I'm starting to think the majority of kratomites are abusing the leaf.. I'm also around 3 years now. In my experience all BAD side effects come from over consumption:Turns out, most of ppl who complain about these negatives, are consuming a "huge" amount per day = Ounce or better per day. Sorry but kratom effects START at 3 grams ( unless you're a heroin addict, that's a different problem.) So.. Even doing 3g 4x per day = 12g gpd or less. But everybody's choking down over twice that amount? Then complaining about brain fog and tolerance?
- Tolerance issues, Kratom not working
- Inter Dose withdrawals!
- Brain Fog, lazy thinking
- Sleep issues and RLS
- Hair Loss, skin problems
![]()
I don't get it. Take a break, people!
- michaelconstipe
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 am
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
10-25 GPD, I am ashamed to admit I don't measure out my doses evenBallzDeep9 wrote:Michael you didn't say, what is your Daily Total gpd now, after 3 years? Lately I read all these stories on Reddit I'm starting to think the majority of kratomites are abusing the leaf.. I'm also around 3 years now. In my experience all BAD side effects come from over consumption:Turns out, most of ppl who complain about these negatives, are consuming a "huge" amount per day = Ounce or better per day. Sorry but kratom effects START at 3 grams ( unless you're a heroin addict, that's a different problem.) So.. Even doing 3g 4x per day = 12g gpd or less. But everybody's choking down over twice that amount? Then complaining about brain fog and tolerance?
- Tolerance issues, Kratom not working
- Inter Dose withdrawals!
- Brain Fog, lazy thinking
- Sleep issues and RLS
- Hair Loss, skin problems
![]()
I don't get it. Take a break, people!
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
Take a 2 week break dude. That should solve almost all those problems. Kratom works great as an antidepressant. After 2 weeks resume at half of whatever your taking know and it should work fine. Grab some hirsuta or whatever helps , if you can't do a break just cut dose in half for a couple weeks.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
Or take akuamma extract for pain and anxiety instead for a week, get a lot of rest and when you take kratom again, the stimulating effects should return. Just lay off the caffeine for a while? Use rhodiola rosea instead? 
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
It seems that the hardest lesson to learn is less is best it applies to just about everything I for one have always followed the theory if one is good then two is better its gotten me in trouble to many times to count,thankfully our leaf truly is this way, and it's also forgiving what do you have to lose from a reset if it's not doing what it used to.The results can be AMAZING.
-
nerevarine
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:57 pm
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
Taking a break is your best bet to reclaim sensitivity. What worked well for me is making a big batch of tea... we’re talking a gallon to 2 gallons, to last you around 5 days.
Dose out 1/2 your intake over 5 days into your drink container and pour 32-64 oz hot water over the kratom, dissolving it handily. Following Ballzdeep’s guidance, use Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon juice or orange juice to get some acidity in there. Next, add around a tablespoon of turmeric, this is mostly for flavor. Lastly, steep 3-5 bags of echinacea tea, preferably without berry flavoring. Add desired sweetener, if you’d like. Put it in the fridge or freezer overnight.
Sip it over the course of 3-5 days, swirling it around before you drink. You can add additional water over the course of time. The blend is surprisingly tasty! If anybody has flavoring suggestions, happy to hear them! NOTE: Make sure to refrigerate your tea, you don’t want it spoiling.
This method keeps away withdrawal symptoms while also tapering down and reducing tolerance. Recently did this myself while out of the country. After returning to my normal dose I was knocked off my feet. Incredibly effective!
Dose out 1/2 your intake over 5 days into your drink container and pour 32-64 oz hot water over the kratom, dissolving it handily. Following Ballzdeep’s guidance, use Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon juice or orange juice to get some acidity in there. Next, add around a tablespoon of turmeric, this is mostly for flavor. Lastly, steep 3-5 bags of echinacea tea, preferably without berry flavoring. Add desired sweetener, if you’d like. Put it in the fridge or freezer overnight.
Sip it over the course of 3-5 days, swirling it around before you drink. You can add additional water over the course of time. The blend is surprisingly tasty! If anybody has flavoring suggestions, happy to hear them! NOTE: Make sure to refrigerate your tea, you don’t want it spoiling.
This method keeps away withdrawal symptoms while also tapering down and reducing tolerance. Recently did this myself while out of the country. After returning to my normal dose I was knocked off my feet. Incredibly effective!
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Long term kratom use, no longer notice caffeine
2 day break, smell returns and sensitivity if deprived enjoying sex. That's 12g a day. People have no limits and complain. Thosw who take 12g+ i advice a whole week reset.
Kratom user since 2014!