NPR Morning edition 11/25
- Suleyken
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm
- Location: California
NPR Morning edition 11/25
Just in case you haven't listened to the radio: this morning on NPR there was a short segment about Kratom and it's dangers and among other things they mentioned that there have been 80 overdoses. Not sure of the time period of these. One case mentioned a young man who was trying to get off opioids and took Kratom and eventually died in hospital while Kratom was found in his system.
As far as I know almost all of these "overdoses" were cases where other drugs were found in the patient's system. I have been taking Kratom for 3 years daily and have never had any adverse affects. I am concerned when NPR broadcasts these stories. I will follow up to see how much fact checking they did, but they are usually a dependable news source and this type of story is not good for this community.
I could not find the link in the online version of Morning edition, but maybe it would be good for people on this forum to follow up and make sure the reporting is correct. And contact NPR to point out the facts if it was not.
Thanks!
As far as I know almost all of these "overdoses" were cases where other drugs were found in the patient's system. I have been taking Kratom for 3 years daily and have never had any adverse affects. I am concerned when NPR broadcasts these stories. I will follow up to see how much fact checking they did, but they are usually a dependable news source and this type of story is not good for this community.
I could not find the link in the online version of Morning edition, but maybe it would be good for people on this forum to follow up and make sure the reporting is correct. And contact NPR to point out the facts if it was not.
Thanks!
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
I distinctly remember a day when NPR was somewhat reliable, but sadly, those days are long gone. Now they are just another part of the fear and manipulation machine. Everyone needs to do themselves a favor and, as Morrissey said, "Stop watching the news." Even NPR. I'm not sure if there even is a reliable and unbiased news source. Even Mother Jones, which we relied on when I was younger, has an undeniable slant. If you are aware of an unbiased news source, enlighten me.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
NPR = National Public Radio, has a dot org website, and has local regional affiliates... A Search has nothing this month on Kratom, its all older news -- https://www.npr.org/search?query=kratom
So maybe you heard a LOCAL news blurb ? For example Oregon Public Broadcasting is the NPR affiliate, but runs LOCAL news also, you won't find on the National website.
So maybe you heard a LOCAL news blurb ? For example Oregon Public Broadcasting is the NPR affiliate, but runs LOCAL news also, you won't find on the National website.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- Suleyken
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm
- Location: California
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
Yes it might have been my local station Kqed. Will search there. And let them know to do a bit more research. Thanks ! Ballz[quote][/quote]
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
mivanqua wrote:I distinctly remember a day when NPR was somewhat reliable, but sadly, those days are long gone. Now they are just another part of the fear and manipulation machine. Everyone needs to do themselves a favor and, as Morrissey said, "Stop watching the news." Even NPR. I'm not sure if there even is a reliable and unbiased news source. Even Mother Jones, which we relied on when I was younger, has an undeniable slant. If you are aware of an unbiased news source, enlighten me.
I like to cherry pick youtube channels like "x22 report" Link text , it gives a brief of what happened that day and all main events and what might happen next. I backtracked other sources not related to x22 report and everything he says match up. Backtracking from other sources might take up to a week, but somehow he makes it to the point, less then 30 min well sometimes more if there is something very important. Stuff he says can be checked.
I think whats going on now, most news channels and people from it trying to gather youtube audience, i know who they are when youtube promotes them, i just block them so they never pop in my feed. When CNN was all over you tube and i got mad, i had to block them and anything related. Its like they are desperate throwing themselves at you. They had a chance, they lost. They need to move on and leave youtube alone.
Last edited by brave777 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kratom user since 2014!
- Suleyken
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm
- Location: California
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
Hi again,
I found the link to the feature
https://www.kqed.org/science/1950877/kr ... estionable
It is the local San Francisco station. Behold the creative photo accompanying the article!
The time period for the 80 overdoses was 18 months. They do point out that the young man wo died also had other drugs in his system, so Kratom was probably not the cause of death even though the coroner said it was.
I found the link to the feature
https://www.kqed.org/science/1950877/kr ... estionable
It is the local San Francisco station. Behold the creative photo accompanying the article!
The time period for the 80 overdoses was 18 months. They do point out that the young man wo died also had other drugs in his system, so Kratom was probably not the cause of death even though the coroner said it was.
Last edited by Suleyken on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
"Drugs of concern" = shit we don't make money onSuleyken wrote:Hi again,
I found the link to the feature
https://www.kqed.org/science/1950877/kr ... estionable
It is the local San Francisco station. Behold the creative photo accompanying the article!
I like the photo...how it.seems so...MENACING somehow.
Anyone who utters the words "dangerous" and "kratom" in the same sentence have OBVIOUSLY never tried it.
Everyone's grandma needs to be in pain because they shouldn't take this *DANGEROUS HERB*
If the doctors would DO THEIR FUCKING JOB, people wouldn't even NEED to look for alternative pain management, but....here we are. They shove you into the corner and then arrest you for being there. That's America for ya!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
OF course he died from other drugs. Article also "mentions" he's using Bitcoin to buy Fentanyl off the dark web ... Dude's a 19-year old stoner!! Gee do ya think he's also getting some RC's off that dark-web, hmm, most likely... And since RC's are often unknown Research Chemicals, the Coroner is baffled. OK let's BLAME it on kratom.Suleyken wrote:Behold the creative photo accompanying the article!
They do point out that the young man wo died also had other drugs in his system ...
Check that photo of someone loading a bag, from a bowl marked "Gold".. A quick Yelp search reveals that... big surprise... it's a total goddamn SCAM, the lady is charging $16 per Ounce and.... you fill and weigh your bag from her Kratom Bar: PHOTO
Remember THIS is kratom - Every news article is bullshit - Most vendors are rip-offs.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- Suleyken
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm
- Location: California
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
It is San Francisco after all, where you pay $5 bucks for a hand-poured coffee and the nice lady is successful catering to the Twitter and facebook coders. They don't mind paying for the bar service. Hell I should open my own store. But I am glad we have this forum to find the real thingBallzDeep9 wrote: Remember THIS is kratom - Every news article is bullshit - Most vendors are rip-offs.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
brave777 wrote:(can someone explain how i can make "LINK" click?)
Code: Select all
[url=https://yourlink.com]Link text[/url]
-
Kirkland
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
Good find, that stuff doesn’t look very enticing...what a gross looking yellow color for those greens!BallzDeep9 wrote:OF course he died from other drugs. Article also "mentions" he's using Bitcoin to buy Fentanyl off the dark web ... Dude's a 19-year old stoner!! Gee do ya think he's also getting some RC's off that dark-web, hmm, most likely... And since RC's are often unknown Research Chemicals, the Coroner is baffled. OK let's BLAME it on kratom.Suleyken wrote:Behold the creative photo accompanying the article!
They do point out that the young man wo died also had other drugs in his system ...
Check that photo of someone loading a bag, from a bowl marked "Gold".. A quick Yelp search reveals that... big surprise... it's a total goddamn SCAM, the lady is charging $16 per Ounce and.... you fill and weigh your bag from her Kratom Bar: PHOTO
Remember THIS is kratom - Every news article is bullshit - Most vendors are rip-offs.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: NPR Morning edition 11/25
Gee, do you think this may be the case 100% of the time? GoogleFacebookFentanyl isn't showing up on the test that doesn't test for that analogue anyway? What a surprise! Thank God that COFFEE wasn't the only thing detectable in his system! "COFFEE KILLS MAN AND THE DEA DRAWS UP EMERGENCY BAN!"BallzDeep9 wrote:And since RC's are often unknown Research Chemicals, the Coroner is baffled. OK let's BLAME it on kratom.
Seems funny now, but we ARE on that train to nowhere so buckle up!