Red Bubble Recipe

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
KratomAdvocateMO
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:31 pm
Location: Anderson, MO

Red Bubble Recipe

Post by KratomAdvocateMO »

I am looking for the perfect and most effective red bubble recipe. How many grams to how much lemon juice to how much water etc. Ive tried a few times with minimal luck. I see all these pictures with a solid red layer on top and i can barley get a small amount of red. If anyone can help that would be great.

I am using lemon/lime juice. The little squeeze ones.
And very hot water almost to a boil.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by beathappening »

Not all strains make a red bubble. It's not so much the method as the type of kratom used.

Here's a couple threads with relevant discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2693&hilit=Red+bubble

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=442&hilit=Red+bubble
(this one has good recipes and pics, credit to ballz)

You can also use the search bar at the top right, search red bubble or something similar. There are several more threads on the topic.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by Greyfeather »

There was a Thread here on MM not too long ago on this subject. Hope the link works :)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1115
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by Greyfeather »

Just out of curiosity, I watched a video on reddit for this very topic. I wish I had a link.

The guy took 4 grams of kratom, put it in a glass, pyrex-like cup.
He added 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (commercial - from a bottle).
Poured the lemon juice into the kratom. Made sure that all the liquid was soaked up by the kratom
Added one half cup of HOT (not boiling) water. Mixed it well.
Put it in the freezer.
After it was frozen there was a big red bubble. He said to thaw it with hot water also.

I hope I got everything right. It looked incredibly simple
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by beathappening »

Yep, it is simple. Make sure to freeze it for at least 8 hours, I usually do it overnight. Also, after you add the lemon juice and before you freeze, you can add a pinch of baking soda to reduce the acidity to prevent some of the alkaloids from being compromised. Ballz would be the one to consult in this department.
If you don't get a red bubble, try a different strain. Not all strains will produce a red bubble.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by Greyfeather »

beathappening wrote:Yep, it is simple. Make sure to freeze it for at least 8 hours, I usually do it overnight. Also, after you add the lemon juice and before you freeze, you can add a pinch of baking soda to reduce the acidity to prevent some of the alkaloids from being compromised. Ballz would be the one to consult in this department.
If you don't get a red bubble, try a different strain. Not all strains will produce a red bubble.
Yes! I read a lot of that thread. Should I let it steep before freezing? I don't remember the guy in the video saying anything about that.
I certainly have to pick up some lemon and try this. While reading about kratom tea-making I read that heating the kratom like this unlocks the alkaloids in a way that the body can't really do (because our stomachs, etc. aren't hot enough, lol). That really makes a lot of sense, but I don't know if it's true :?
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by beathappening »

Yes. I always heat water until nearly boiling, and let it steep for a good half hour before putting in the freezer. I'm not sure how much of this is necessary, I'm just going with what seems to work the best.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by K-Dawg »

So I tried last night in these awesome new glass mugs I got. I followed the recipe exactly. No red bubble :(
I know cell lysis still happened but i wonder if no red bubble = low mit levels in the leaf. The weird thing is that I know its strong leaf bc I get great burns with t&w. Balllz' pictures ALL have red bubbles.. I've only gotten it 2 in 20 times i have tried it all with "premium" leaf.
-K-Dawg
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by beathappening »

K-Dawg wrote:So I tried last night in these awesome new glass mugs I got. I followed the recipe exactly. No red bubble :(
I know cell lysis still happened but i wonder if no red bubble = low mit levels in the leaf. The weird thing is that I know its strong leaf bc I get great burns with t&w. Balllz' pictures ALL have red bubbles.. I've only gotten it 2 in 20 times i have tried it all with "premium" leaf.
In my experience, less than half of my batches have turned out with a red bubble. I've had some great ones, but most turn out like a little red nipple, or just a tan bubble. It doesn't mean the leaf is low quality, I think it's just certain alkaloids produce it and some don't. Keep experimenting. The best one I got was from a white strain.
User avatar
creatus
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by creatus »

Currently I prepare all my kratom as a tea. Pour the kratom in a cup and then add enough lemon juice to make a liquid I can swirl around. Then I take a big SNIFF because as the leaf reacts to the acidity and alkaloids start releasing you can really smell the distinctness of the strain and potency. Then add boiling water and stir. To make this a red bubble I simply then stick in the freezer overnight. It does take time for the cup to fully freeze. There has to be enough quality kratom and water in the cup to get a red bubble.
beathappening wrote:It doesn't mean the leaf is low quality, I think it's just certain alkaloids produce it and some don't. Keep experimenting. The best one I got was from a white strain.
Yes I've also had some great yellow and brown bubbles
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by BallzDeep9 »

K-Dawg wrote:So I tried last night in these awesome new glass mugs I got. I followed the recipe exactly. No red bubble :( Balllz' pictures ALL have red bubbles.. I've only gotten it 2 in 20 times
Man I feel bad for ya. I get some kind of "bubble" always... lately been using Acetic acid (ACV) and the bubble is reddish orange.. been trying ph drops (used for drinking water pH) and, turns the bubble more orange yello. IF I use Citric acid, the bubble is more red!

But... there's a bubble. Today I went to Prep some leaf for a Tea batch . I start with 4+ servings. I weigh out 9g Crushed, and 9g powder = total 18 grams. Dump that in a hard plastic tumbler, add water and small 1/4 Tsp of Citric Acid... a few hours in freezer... got a nice ugly Green Bubble! :P

I bet your problem is: Lemon squeezer's not getting enough Citric in there? Measure in a Teaspoon before adding.. (measuring spoon). No bubble? Next time add another 1/2 Tsp... Juice may NOT have enough acid. I use powder Citric Acid, the real stuff.. with juice, you just don't know! Also.. make sure you're using at least 4+ grams kratom.. I usually freeze 2 servings at a time, around 6+ grams.

One more thing... No Glass mugs!! Glass can crack, or even explode in freezer! Use a ceramic coffee cup, ceramic is made to expand / contract. Also, they are hard.. to crush powder.. For awhile I tried using soft plastic cups: Less bubble! 8-) See pic below

Image
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by beathappening »

I personally use very small Tupperware, or ideally one of those metal almond cans. They hold about a cup of water, and I've gotten best results from the. If you heat the water close the boiling before you steep and freeze, it will melt/warp the container. Best to use is ceramic coffee mug, a small plastic bowl, or a round metal container, as long as it can hold between 1-2 cups of water. I have some small circular Tupperware that works the best. I think some of my pics are still up in that old thread. Also, steeping in lemon juice is not necessary. You can use hot water and just a few squirts of lemon juice.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by K-Dawg »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:So I tried last night in these awesome new glass mugs I got. I followed the recipe exactly. No red bubble :( Balllz' pictures ALL have red bubbles.. I've only gotten it 2 in 20 times
Man I feel bad for ya. I get some kind of "bubble" always... lately been using Acetic acid (ACV) and the bubble is reddish orange.. been trying ph drops (used for drinking water pH) and, turns the bubble more orange yello. IF I use Citric acid, the bubble is more red!

But... there's a bubble. Today I went to Prep some leaf for a Tea batch . I start with 4+ servings. I weigh out 9g Crushed, and 9g powder = total 18 grams. Dump that in a hard plastic tumbler, add water and small 1/4 Tsp of Citric Acid... a few hours in freezer... got a nice ugly Green Bubble! :P

I bet your problem is: Lemon squeezer's not getting enough Citric in there? Measure in a Teaspoon before adding.. (measuring spoon). No bubble? Next time add another 1/2 Tsp... Juice may NOT have enough acid. I use powder Citric Acid, the real stuff.. with juice, you just don't know! Also.. make sure you're using at least 4+ grams kratom.. I usually freeze 2 servings at a time, around 6+ grams.

One more thing... No Glass mugs!! Glass can crack, or even explode in freezer! Use a ceramic coffee cup, ceramic is made to expand / contract. Also, they are hard.. to crush powder.. For awhile I tried using soft plastic cups: Less bubble! 8-) See pic below

Image
Good stuff Ballz. I have some citric acid powder actually. I have been using ACV about a half TBSP. I'll try some citric acid in a ceramic mug and report back :geek:

I really would like this to work so I could cut out some powder intake
-K-Dawg
meganut101
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by meganut101 »

@BallzDeep9

So I've been taking kratom for ~1 year now. When I first started, I strictly used T&W for a couple months. I really liked the effects and pain relief. However, I started noticing severe abdominal pain. Every time I dosed the pain came back more intensely. I was only consuming about 5g of powder once a day; maybe twice on rare occasions. It was so severe one day I almost went to the ER but luckily I went to see a doctor in the family who I told I think I have a stomach ulcer related to H Pylori (found in kratom). He wrote me stool test to check for h pylori and the results came back positive. The powder contained h pylori which caused a massive ulcer in my GI tract and it was intensely painful. I was on proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) for ~2-3 months after that incident and didn't touch kratom. I also had to take 3 different antibiotics and pepto for 10 days straight to kill the bug. After the whole ordeal I decided I would NEVER consume the powder again. A few months ago I started making kratom tea, making sure the temps reach 170-212 for ~20 mins then AeroPress all the plant material out before consuming my tea. I really do miss the effects of T&W. I was wondering if there would be a way to safely consume the kratom using your method (and potency) but only after killing any bacteria found in the powder? Thanks

edit: BD9, I did a lot of reading and came across one of your posts back in april and I was wondering if you still use this method for prep:
I put 5 grams kratom powder in a coffee cup. I pour 8 oz. (1 Cup ) of boiling water into cup and stir. I shake up the bottle of ACV (those Mother strands settle down in bottle.) And I measure out 1 Teaspoon of ACV and stir that into my hot water coffee cup. Cover, allow to "steep" and cool. 8-)

After 30 min look at your kratom coffee cup. ACV and hot water, has completely separated the alkaloids!! It's a beautiful golden reddish color! Now.. Final Step before freezing.. I take a very small, < 1/8 Tsp of Baking Soda and mix that in a little cold water. Add that to my coffee cup and stir vigorously.. I am neutralizing the Acetic Acid before freezing. I usually do TWO coffee cups/ doses, together, so the 1/8 Tsp is divided between the two 8-Oz cups.

You really don't need much baking soda. Plain ol' Arm & Hammer.. This creates a little foam, or suds, which can be removed or just ignored. IF left on top, the foam will freeze and may look weird. You often get a HUGE frozen brick-red bubble. Any foam on top, will freeze on top of the bubble.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by K-Dawg »

Not red at all really. Will aeropress in the morning for first burn to test out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-K-Dawg
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by beathappening »

Those are similar to what most of mine turn out as, kdawg. An off color bubble. I've found the dark red bubble to be somewhat rare in my experiments.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by K-Dawg »

beathappening wrote:Those are similar to what most of mine turn out as, kdawg. An off color bubble. I've found the dark red bubble to be somewhat rare in my experiments.
That makes me feel a lot better beathappening. I forgot to drink this this morning haha.

Ballz, what current TFH batch is getting you a red bubble? I'll test that way. :geek:
-K-Dawg
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Red Bubble Recipe

Post by K-Dawg »

beathappening wrote:Those are similar to what most of mine turn out as, kdawg. An off color bubble. I've found the dark red bubble to be somewhat rare in my experiments.
So I just dosed the 6g red bubble (strained) and it is by far the strongest burn I've had off a strained batch. Its good enough to continue to use. I figure that even if I supplement 1 red bubble a day that's less powder in the gut!
-K-Dawg
Post Reply