Why is it called Super Green?
-
Klubbs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 pm
Why is it called Super Green?
Is the strain super green named for its color, effect, and/or both? Normally I feel like most of the super green strains I get are energetic/morning burns and are always bright green in color. However, smiley's super green is known to be a slower burn. I dont have any in front of me right now, but if say the color is brightish. So maybe its called super because of the color only? What do you guys think..
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Why is it called Super Green?
In the Kratom world it can mean anything or nothing. Basically its marketing. I've read several descriptions that state things like "made using only large leaves". That could mean anything. Some use it to describe a "Super" batch while others may use it to describe the "Super" green color. It all comes down to the individual batch which can vary greatly.Klubbs wrote:Is the strain super green named for its color, effect, and/or both? Normally I feel like most of the super green strains I get are energetic/morning burns and are always bright green in color. However, smiley's super green is known to be a slower burn. I dont have any in front of me right now, but if say the color is brightish. So maybe its called super because of the color only? What do you guys think..
I've tried dozens of different "Super Green" batches and will say that 70% of them tend to be somewhat mid-fast on the spectrum but I've also had a sedating "Super Green". Hope this helps.
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
Re: Why is it called Super Green?
I understand Super Green to be a drying method that uses little to no sunlight which gives it a Super Green bright color. Would like to hear what a vendor has to say 
-K-Dawg
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Why is it called Super Green?
So depending on a supplier, super green means different things. Some examples from my experience:
Drying - a green dried indoors and when finished, brought outside for a couple for hours to get that "super" hulk green color, same leaf different color (probably about 50% of what I speak to Indo vendors is this) ***largely marketing***
Age - only old (20+ years) canopy growth leaves used instead of most the farm 10 year old trees (about 5% I see)
Quality - leaves collected from a particularly strong batch, perhaps in a extract swampy area during dry season (about 15%)
Effects - just a faster than usual green (About 25%)
Location - could be just wild leaves instead of plantation (about 5% that I see)
It's important to ask the vendor for their specific definition of words like "ultra," "super," "supreme," and "premium"; they mean different things to each vendor and a good one will be able to differentiate. Often, the living room vendors won't know the difference in how each is processed when asked.
Drying - a green dried indoors and when finished, brought outside for a couple for hours to get that "super" hulk green color, same leaf different color (probably about 50% of what I speak to Indo vendors is this) ***largely marketing***
Age - only old (20+ years) canopy growth leaves used instead of most the farm 10 year old trees (about 5% I see)
Quality - leaves collected from a particularly strong batch, perhaps in a extract swampy area during dry season (about 15%)
Effects - just a faster than usual green (About 25%)
Location - could be just wild leaves instead of plantation (about 5% that I see)
It's important to ask the vendor for their specific definition of words like "ultra," "super," "supreme," and "premium"; they mean different things to each vendor and a good one will be able to differentiate. Often, the living room vendors won't know the difference in how each is processed when asked.
- AppalachianHerbs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm
Re: Why is it called Super Green?
FusedFlora nailed it.
But yeah usually it is color. Sometimes they mean quality.
But yeah usually it is color. Sometimes they mean quality.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Why is it called Super Green?
guitartodd77 wrote:In the Kratom world it can mean anything or nothing. Basically its marketing. I've read several descriptions that state things like "made using only large leaves". That could mean anything. Some use it to describe a "Super" batch while others may use it to describe the "Super" green color. It all comes down to the individual batch which can vary greatly.Klubbs wrote:Is the strain super green named for its color, effect, and/or both? Normally I feel like most of the super green strains I get are energetic/morning burns and are always bright green in color. However, smiley's super green is known to be a slower burn. I dont have any in front of me right now, but if say the color is brightish. So maybe its called super because of the color only? What do you guys think..
I've tried dozens of different "Super Green" batches and will say that 70% of them tend to be somewhat mid-fast on the spectrum but I've also had a sedating "Super Green". Hope this helps.
In the Kratom world it can mean anything or nothing. Basically its marketing. I've read several descriptions that state things like "made using only large leaves". That could mean anything. Some use it to describe a "Super" batch while others may use it to describe the "Super" green color. It all comes down to the individual batch which can vary greatly.
This is the best explanation, as far as I know.
Seriously, I am SO GRATEFUL for the vendor list that Ballz does his best to update.
Adjectives : wonderful, super, best, better, perfect, blah blah.... are so incredibly easy to throw around. They are just Words. Every Dude's product is Perfect; except it isn't. Even reviews can't be trusted anymore (Amazon and all the others pay people to write 5* reviews). Who can we trust?
Sigh
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Why is it called Super Green?
Your own opinion. Also the opinion of people who seem to have a similar chemistry as you. Reviews are kind of pointless anyway, as it's all personal preference. I don't pay much attention to reviews as a whole BUT I have my eye on a few people on here. I very rarely get kratom first hand anyway.
-
Klubbs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Why is it called Super Green?
Thanks for the input everyone.
@mivanqua i keep my eye on a few others as well. If they enjoy it, I know I will too haha.
@mivanqua i keep my eye on a few others as well. If they enjoy it, I know I will too haha.