Trying to come off 10-12g daily
-
Iverson3
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:33 am
Trying to come off 10-12g daily
Been taking Kratom since November what’s a good taper plan for coming off of 10-12g daily. I use 4g in the morning at 6 am then 4-6g at 6 pm. It’s not really giving me the effect that I want anymore and honestly kind of feel dependent on it now any advice would help. Note I came off of heroin and methadone 5 years ago cold turkey so I’m no stranger to strong withdrawals! Thanks guys!
-
Ilikerafts
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Re: Trying to come off 10-12g daily
Seriously you'll be fine. Maybe three or four days of very mild withdrawals and that's it. kratom withdrawal is in nowhere near the same league as heroin withdrawal or methadone withdrawal so have no worries about that. You'll probably look back and think of how stupid you had been for worrying so much. Your tolerance is already really low twice a day at 6 grams a day, and I really wouldn't worry about anything at all. at the same time don't expect completely minimal effects you will feel something but it is nothing like what you are preparing yourself for...
But 5 sell years of heroin and methadone withdrawal you're all set man you really have nothing to worry about. You can gauge it but I'm pretty sure it will never get that bad. The end of day to will probably be the worst in my opinion. If you're super worried stock up on some Imodium and vitamins and you'll be just fine. I could be wrong but I think this is much ado about nothing. My guess is you'll be waiting day after day for to really kick in only after day 4 or 5 is follow the Thomas recipe calling it quits. Keep you the salad few days of benzos wouldn't hurt but you probably won't need them. This is the opiate detox wonderland
But 5 sell years of heroin and methadone withdrawal you're all set man you really have nothing to worry about. You can gauge it but I'm pretty sure it will never get that bad. The end of day to will probably be the worst in my opinion. If you're super worried stock up on some Imodium and vitamins and you'll be just fine. I could be wrong but I think this is much ado about nothing. My guess is you'll be waiting day after day for to really kick in only after day 4 or 5 is follow the Thomas recipe calling it quits. Keep you the salad few days of benzos wouldn't hurt but you probably won't need them. This is the opiate detox wonderland
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Trying to come off 10-12g daily
Even 10 gpd, you'll feel shitty going cold turkey.. Taper it down. May I suggest, switch your morning dose to 2 hours after breakfast? Take TWO servings per day.. you have a scale right? Knock it down by 2 grams every couple days. So you're starting at 10? Tomorrow.. TWO servings, 4 mid morning and 4 later. Then drop that down to 6 grams, split 3 and 3... OR keep the morning at 4. That gets you through the day. Evening, you're down to 2 grams and take some Black Seed Oil.. are you taking a daily Multi Vitamin? Start that asap. Finally.. get some Agmatine Sulfate. Read up. Start that in evening. After 1 week of Agmatine your little 2 grams feels more like 4! Good luck! 
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- creatus
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm
Re: Trying to come off 10-12g daily
As Ballz says you'll probably feel like total shit if you quit cold turkey. I'm currently working on especially tapering my ten year daily weed habit. I'm aiming to quit that shit in the next couple weeks (weed withdrawal is very real). How I've been doing this is simply cutting everything down and pushing it as far as I can, a little bit more every day. Then I'm going to use a detox drink (and continue with CBD).
- Increasing the amount of time inbetween using. When I gravitate towards it, I find a replacement, and see absolutely how long I can go without feeling anxious.
- Decreasing the amount I'm using each time. Using fillers so it seems to be the same amount even though I've actually cut the dose down in half.
- Finding replacement activities / coping mechanisms / focus points (meditation is always key, breathing through discomfort, learning to relax from the inside)
- Using all the supplements that help. Magnesium / Black Seed Oil / CBD / Tumeric etc. There's alot of wonderful plant helpers out there.
-
Bignickindaburgh
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:30 pm
Re: Trying to come off 10-12g daily
I would try and taper a little lower depending on if you've been rotating stains, and if you directly transitioned from your previous habits. Im not a medical doctor but logically think lower equals easier mostly. I know kava has helped some for sleep /anxiety, and there's a great page on here discussing tapering littering tolerance with agmatine that may help as well. A good cbd is always helpful, and making sure you have put the right thoughts into your mind to prep for this is also important in my opinion. There's also hirsuta that may help you taper and it should be a cake walk by then. I would be surprised if you had any serious withdrawal at all as those before me have mentioned. However wanted to give you some options to explore as everyone's chemistry, and situation, is different. Good luck and best wishes!
-
Bestboy143
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm
Re: Trying to come off 10-12g daily
Best and simplest way: Subtract one gram from each dose every few days and you'll be down to nothing in no time, without withdrawals. You'll probably start getting better effects while doing this honestly.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Trying to come off 10-12g daily
Reduce some grams pers dose each day. If can take hot baths with one cup of baking soda. the hotter the water the better, if have to get a fan blowing your face. after take vitamins or what ever you know helps. Hot baths are good before sleep with your others meds you know to work. It will also relax your muscles and i would say 40-50% discomfort from hot bath alone is removed, this of course was my experience. good luck.
Kratom user since 2014!