Ideal levels of Mitra and 7-ohm in kratom?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Ideal levels of Mitra and 7-ohm in kratom?

Post by beathappening »

I don't think I've seen this topic mentioned here yet:
I've seen various numbers for how much of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine should be in good kratom. But the amounts I've seen on lab tests are lower, and don't quite jive with the desirable levels some have cited.

For example, one person says mitra should be between 1.5-2.2%, and the 7-ohm should be .006-.014
But some lab tests have the mitra as low as 1.2-1.3% and the 7-ohm at .001-.003%

My question is - what amount is in most average kratom? How much of a difference does it make, like between the two examples listed (is 1.3% still good, or is it lower than it should be?) I know most of the kratom consumed on this forum is likely untested, but I'm curious if we know what is considered excellent and what is dismal. Really any input in this general area would be welcomed 8-)
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3357
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Ideal levels of Mitra and 7-ohm in kratom?

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

I tried samples from Kratom Krates, a retailer, and each oz package had a sticker with mitra and 7ohm percentages, fwtw.
User avatar
Slippy
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Ideal levels of Mitra and 7-ohm in kratom?

Post by Slippy »

beathappening wrote:I don't think I've seen this topic mentioned here yet:
I've seen various numbers for how much of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine should be in good kratom. But the amounts I've seen on lab tests are lower, and don't quite jive with the desirable levels some have cited.

For example, one person says mitra should be between 1.5-2.2%, and the 7-ohm should be .006-.014
But some lab tests have the mitra as low as 1.2-1.3% and the 7-ohm at .001-.003%

My question is - what amount is in most average kratom? How much of a difference does it make, like between the two examples listed (is 1.3% still good, or is it lower than it should be?) I know most of the kratom consumed on this forum is likely untested, but I'm curious if we know what is considered excellent and what is dismal. Really any input in this general area would be welcomed 8-)
1.5-2.2% mitra, and 7-ohm levels around .006-.014% seems about right to me. I would consider those levels to be "fire" or right on the border.
The thing is, levels can be misleading and aren't an end all be all to how good the Kratom is because of the dozens of other alkaloids in the plant.

For example, the most "potent" strain I've ever tried was New Green Vietnam from Carolina Kratom. The tests showed the mitra level at 2.2% and the 7OHM level at .014.
I was expecting this amazing euphoria and to be blown away. The truth is it was decent leaf but it didn't blow me away by any means, even at high doses.
I've had strains tested at 1.4% mitra and .005% 7OHM from Lucky Herbals that gave me a better mood lift and euphoric feeling.

With that said, it can't hurt to look for leaf with higher levels, but it doesn't guarantee it's going to be amazing.
Kratom is an odd plant in that aspect.

Another example is that reds are known for being sedating and helping people with sleep issues.
Most reds I've seen test results on, have anywhere from .80% - 1.3% mitra and .002% - .004% 7OHM, significantly lower then most green and white strains I've personally seen test results on.
You'd assume the sedation comes from higher levels of the mitra and 7OHM, but apparently there are a lot more alkaloids at play.
I've spent numerous hours comparing test results for different strains, and statistically reds have the lowest mitra and 7OHM levels compared to white and greens, yet for most, they are the most relaxing and sedating.

Also a strain that might work amazing for one person might not have the same effect on you.
It's a marvelous plant, but it is still not very well understood.

All I can tell you is to experiment and don't base everything off alkaloid levels because I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
User avatar
7ohm
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Ideal levels of Mitra and 7-ohm in kratom?

Post by 7ohm »

So, what was it like more of an opioid effect or like the wobbles?

I suspect that test results are meaningless because they’re all so easily fudged.

Also, all strains are a blend and with primitive mixing techniques there ate hot / cold spots. This would explain why there’s so much variance in effect among different people with the same strain: simply depends on how well it’s mixed and what part of the mix you get. This would also explain the variance in test results.

I’ve had 2 people order the same strain out of the same batch and have drastically different experiences. Sent them each an older batch and it was cool.
Post Reply