Saphire Sunda TFH

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
KratomAdvocateMO
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:31 pm
Location: Anderson, MO

Saphire Sunda TFH

Post by KratomAdvocateMO »

Anyone try this? I am curious to see what anyone else got out of it
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Saphire Sunda TFH

Post by Quercus »

KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Anyone try this? I am curious to see what anyone else got out of it
Yep. I really like it, too. It was included as a sample for testing with an order and I ended up buying 500g, which is a lot for me. It's sold as a red but it's not very sedating; I actually put it down as a green on the feedback form we fill out on purchases and samples. It does have some energy to it - I rated its speed as a 5/10. I use it in the evenings when I want to wind down but still get things done before bedtime.

This is what I wrote about it on the feedback form :

"This was very relaxing and calming but without any sedation - a nice combination. Suspect it was helping with pain relief, too. Still going strong after 4 hours, I like it more and more as time goes by. Just a very tranquil strain, good for focus and alertness and peacefully taking care of undone tasks".
drunkratom
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:51 am

Re: Saphire Sunda TFH

Post by drunkratom »

I tried it out as a sample. I really like this one. I think i gave it an 8 or 9 overall. I thought it was a green as well. Decent but not overwhelming energy. Calming with focus. Decided to buy some also.
drunkratom
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:51 am

Re: Saphire Sunda TFH

Post by drunkratom »

Also just realized i dont know what the 'ssv' stands for in sapphire sunda ssv. Im assuming some stem and vein? Does anyone know?
MikeEdoessomething
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Re: Saphire Sunda TFH

Post by MikeEdoessomething »

drunkratom wrote:Also just realized i dont know what the 'ssv' stands for in sapphire sunda ssv. Im assuming some stem and vein? Does anyone know?
Minus stem and vein, I believe. "Sans Stem and Vein" I remember being told in an email. I asked too. It is a very good red! Smooth, clean headed mental alertness with a mild energetic feeling at low doses, and offers some solid pain relief. I find it a daytime/late afternoon red.
User avatar
gumbyke1
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Saphire Sunda TFH

Post by gumbyke1 »

MikeEdoessomething wrote:
drunkratom wrote:Also just realized i dont know what the 'ssv' stands for in sapphire sunda ssv. Im assuming some stem and vein? Does anyone know?
Minus stem and vein, I believe. "Sans Stem and Vein" I remember being told in an email. I asked too. It is a very good red! Smooth, clean headed mental alertness with a mild energetic feeling at low doses, and offers some solid pain relief. I find it a daytime/late afternoon red.
Correct - SSV = Sans Stem and Vein. For the record, I dont like using the phrase "stem and vein" because it's not a very accurate description of what it actually is (similar to how I prefer to use the word "batch" instead of "strain"). However, the term SSV was an internal homage to one of the early kratom producers that I was fond of a long time ago. "MR" (midrib removed) just doesn't have the same ring to it.

*Side note - If anyone wants to know why I dont like using "stem and vein" and why that description does not really make sense, I wrote a little blurb about it. If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to read about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2931



The reason we included SSV in the name of this batch is a little confusing, but I'll do my best to explain:

For the majority of our batches, the midribs (S&V) are removed. However, in our "rich" line of products (emerald, sapphire, 24k, jade, etc.), we usually find that the end product is improved with leaving the S&V intact. We only use the "rich" technique in a very specific environmental condition and usually, that condition produces better kratom when the midrib is left in. However, we will occasionally that our normal process of removing the S&V does improve a "rich line" batch. This was the case with the Sapphire Sunda. Since this is the only "rich line" batch that was improved by removing the S&V - it was more of an outlier so it made sense to note it. I know this sounds very confusing as I read it back to myself, I hope it makes sense to others.

Unfortunately, since we were not expecting the batch to turn out as well with the S&V removed, we didnt make much of it. That is why even though it just now released we are down to just 100g bag availability.

I hope that makes sense. ;)
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
Post Reply