1st time tolerance break

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
RynoThePirate
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:06 am

1st time tolerance break

Post by RynoThePirate »

I've been using kratom for 2 years without a break. That said it's not helping me nearly as much it's actually making my anxiety worse after about 1.5 hours. I just went from 30gpd down to 10gpd without much trouble. I wanna try to take a 3 day break would using hirsuta during the break make it pointless? I also have akuamma javinica and Stem and vein. I'm trying to do this as easy as possible I have severe anxiety and a 2 and 5 yr old that I'm off work taking care of right now. Any help would be appreciated.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by CatfatherB »

Maybe throw some agmatine Sulfate in and some magnolia bark or valerian root for anxiety, take it slow if you have to, I don't really have any expertise in tolerance breaks, never took one.. :D
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by MycatTimmy »

Going from 30 gpd to 10 gpd is fantastic. Please keep us posted. I’m also wondering if stem and vein would be useful during a tolerance break or if it would just defeat the purpose
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by BallzDeep9 »

RynoThePirate wrote: I also have akuamma javinica and Stem and Vein. I'm trying to do this as easy as possible I have severe anxiety ...
A real Stem & Vein is useful.. the hirsuta javanica stuff doesn't have any Mitragyna so it used to be "bunk", I honestly don't know why U would buy? As a placebo maybe? I mean during a taper.. Placebo can be helpful. I mix some vitamins in w/ S+V and fool myself into thinking, I am taking a "dose" whoopee! Except there's none or very little kratom in there lol...

I was gonna say Cannabis, however THC can provoke anxiety. You'd want only CBD then.. Try a Beta Blocker maybe, off label ?? Propranalol is well known and prescribed by doctors, off label, for performance anxiety. Low dose it's very mild.. Good luck! Gotta get down to 5 gpd.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Spencemastaflex
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by Spencemastaflex »

Holy hell THIRTY grams per dose? You know kratom doesn't really work when you take it like that right? You gotta get down to 2/2.5 grams or what I do is one teaspoon.
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by MycatTimmy »

Did he mean grams per day or grams per dose ? I thought grams per day
Spencemastaflex
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by Spencemastaflex »

MycatTimmy wrote:Did he mean grams per day or grams per dose ? I thought grams per day
Gpd usually means per dose
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by acejestyr15 »

Usually GPD is grams per day I would say
Closedeyesearch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by Closedeyesearch »

GPD=grams per day
...
and no dose shaming. that's silly.
Last edited by Closedeyesearch on Sat May 02, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by CatfatherB »

I always had assumed that GPD referred to grams per day as well? :?
SanPedroLover
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:02 am
Location: AZ

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by SanPedroLover »

GPD = grams per day imho
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3357
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

GPD = per day according to common usage here on DoubleM

and congrats on lowering your consumption, it's hard, yeah? Most substances don't have as much as a ceiling dose as kratom, and we just want to keep getting the good effects.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by BallzDeep9 »

acejestyr15 wrote:Usually GPD is grams per day I would say
Right on. We are talkin' tolerance reduction here.. Getting a handle on the DAILY thing :lol:

Dose? Taking a "dose" is drug talk. :P Kratom's a dietary supplement, so its a serving...

and yeah, it's about time for some dose shaming imo :cry: Way too many dopers complain about addiction, hair falling out, etc. & they move to r/Quitting sub on Reddit and blame kratom for all their problems - All doing 30, 50, even 70.. GPD
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Damen ck
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by Damen ck »

Shaming of any kind isn't any help, and it isn't even relevant in this particular thread. Use constructive criticism and advise.

OP, what symptoms specifically are you having trouble with? Do you have any other medications or supplements, or are you willing to buy some? Vitamins etc.
Also, getting moderate exercise and hot baths/showers (to ease muscle aches and RLS), along with a healthier diet can do wonders on its own. Exercise also helps with getting more restful sleep, which is important during a detox.
SanPedroLover
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:02 am
Location: AZ

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by SanPedroLover »

Stem & Vein works great for that, also i like taking 5-6g of Chinese Cats Claw (not the peruvian type) before bed to help with any possible restlessness.
RynoThePirate
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:06 am

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by RynoThePirate »

UPDATE down to 7-8 grams PER DAY lol. I got some hirsuta from benni botanicals, I dont know if it was my doses helping my tolerance or what. But it has helped me extremely, it doesnt feel like any kratom I've ever taken it just feels clean. The javinca and the stem and vein just seemed to give me head aches and feel almost like wobbles but different. I tried going down to 6g today 1.5g x4 but I couldn't do it was having a rough day with anxiety and depression. My goal is to get down to 4 grams per day and just switch to the hirsuta.
YogKratomSoth
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:12 am

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by YogKratomSoth »

That's awesome, congrats on getting to 8 gpd! That’s a great accomplishment. You will get to six and less, that if that’s your goal. Good inspiration as I'm getting ready for a tbreak / reset myself. I'll utilize Hirsuta/S&V too for the first several days. I’ll take the smallest amount, just enough to relive any discomfort. It helps me a great deal. After a break and dropping my serving size Kratom is much more effective.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by BallzDeep9 »

RynoThePirate wrote:My goal is to get down to 4 grams per day and just switch to the hirsuta.
Excellent. Please keep us posted, Pirate!! yeah kratom is weird stuff.. as a daily supplement it becomes more about Self Management, taking care of our receptors, not over-loading them. Took me a couple years to figure this out.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Back2K
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by Back2K »

RynoThePirate wrote:UPDATE down to 7-8 grams PER DAY lol. I got some hirsuta from benni botanicals, I dont know if it was my doses helping my tolerance or what. But it has helped me extremely, it doesnt feel like any kratom I've ever taken it just feels clean. The javinca and the stem and vein just seemed to give me head aches and feel almost like wobbles but different. I tried going down to 6g today 1.5g x4 but I couldn't do it was having a rough day with anxiety and depression. My goal is to get down to 4 grams per day and just switch to the hirsuta.
Can you explain the effects of the hirsuta in a bit more detail?
User avatar
Burninator
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 am

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by Burninator »

Since I haven’t seen anyone mention it, I would highly recommend picking up some Black Seed Oil. That along with Agmatine and DLPA almost entirely ameliorated any semblance of WD doing a cold turkey break from 20+ GPD a few years ago. But BSO was the most noticeably and immediately effective, for me at least.

Seriously great job with how much you’ve cut back already.
vesku88
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by vesku88 »

Spencemastaflex wrote:Holy hell THIRTY grams per dose? You know kratom doesn't really work when you take it like that right? You gotta get down to 2/2.5 grams or what I do is one teaspoon.
2.5 grams won't do anything for chronic pain
vesku88
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by vesku88 »

Burninator wrote:Since I haven’t seen anyone mention it, I would highly recommend picking up some Black Seed Oil. That along with Agmatine and DLPA almost entirely ameliorated any semblance of WD doing a cold turkey break from 20+ GPD a few years ago. But BSO was the most noticeably and immediately effective, for me at least.

Seriously great job with how much you’ve cut back already.
BSO DEF helps, donno about DLPA. Might try that.
User avatar
creatus
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by creatus »

vesku88 wrote:
Spencemastaflex wrote:Holy hell THIRTY grams per dose? You know kratom doesn't really work when you take it like that right? You gotta get down to 2/2.5 grams or what I do is one teaspoon.
2.5 grams won't do anything for chronic pain
Depends on person / quality. Over 2 grams is too much for me and gives wobbles.
RynoThePirate
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:06 am

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by RynoThePirate »

Update: cant get past the 6gpd mark. I havent given up but still using a little hirsuta with each serving. Weird little thing happend I dropped the hirsuta completely and I couldn't get any amount of kratom to work at all even up to 4 grams. I felt like I was in mild w/d it was very strange put some hirsuta back in and I was fine. I dont know what that means but figured I should mention.

Is all black seed oil the same? I try not to buy supplements on amazon but if it's all the same stuff that's fine.
Laika
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat May 16, 2020 11:32 am

Re: 1st time tolerance break

Post by Laika »

RynoThePirate wrote:Update: cant get past the 6gpd mark. I havent given up but still using a little hirsuta with each serving. Weird little thing happend I dropped the hirsuta completely and I couldn't get any amount of kratom to work at all even up to 4 grams. I felt like I was in mild w/d it was very strange put some hirsuta back in and I was fine. I dont know what that means but figured I should mention.

Is all black seed oil the same? I try not to buy supplements on amazon but if it's all the same stuff that's fine.
Now you have a hirsuta addiction :lol:
Post Reply