Restless Legs Syndrome

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by SimonBcv »

After taking Kratom for almost a year (1 to 2 gram doses up to 6 grams per day) I decided to take a break and not take it for a day, the following night, I encountered a restless leg syndrome (it's like an urge to move your legs when they're standing still)
I tried Magnolia Bark, Kava Kava, Melatonin even Cannabis to help ignore this in hopes of getting to sleep faster but it didn't help, the only thing that helped was a gram of Kratom...

I used to sometimes get that syndrome years before discovering Kratom but I just wanted to check has anyone ever had similar thing happen to them when they would suddenly stop taking it?
lavender
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by lavender »

hi i was taking kratom about 2 years and my daily dose 20 -25 grams a day and when i took a break for 24 hours i just felt in bad mood and anxiety but never RSL .
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by brave777 »

I use https://doctorbombayproducts.com/collec ... /3-2-1-oil , i put it on my knee joints , rubbing it in and helps in less then 3 seconds, just how the Dr states it. 20$ and lasts a whole year, depends how much you need it and how often you use it. I use that when waking up on my T breaks from kratom, never let me down.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by SimonBcv »

brave777 wrote:I use https://doctorbombayproducts.com/collec ... /3-2-1-oil , i put it on my knee joints , rubbing it in and helps in less then 3 seconds, just how the Dr states it. 20$ and lasts a whole year, depends how much you need it and how often you use it. I use that when waking up on my T breaks from kratom, never let me down.
Thank you very much Brave!
Might try that.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by brave777 »

No problem, hope it helps your problem. Please do post back so others know about it and how it affected you if you try it. Be aware it does smell like Indian medicine but i like it, it uplifts my mood.
Kratom user since 2014!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by beathappening »

I've also experienced this, during withdrawals from other substances that work on the opioid receptors. It's normal. Although I got it more in my arms and chest. Other RLS drugs didn't help, don't bother with those, because it's directly caused by kratom cessation. It's something that will go away after a few days.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by herbalhippie »

I know a lot of people have luck using gabapentin for RLS caused by w/d. Not something you'd have sitting around the house though, usually.
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by SimonBcv »

Perhaps an easier way to avoid this would be to slowly taper down taking slightly smaller doses each time.
whiffypants
Banned
Posts: 1418
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by whiffypants »

SimonBcv wrote:Perhaps an easier way to avoid this would be to slowly taper down taking slightly smaller doses each time.
Agreed, Simon. Definitely worth a try. Thanks for mentioning it, because tapering is a common, known-good strategy if you don't have to come off kratom quickly (travelling to a banned location with kratom in your bag, for example) and a much easier way for your body to handle the transition.
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

Black seed oil supposedly helps too. I've never tried it myself.
Marchosias
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 am

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by Marchosias »

The best remedy for restless legs is QUININE......Trust me....A complete stranger on the internet. But its true.......


You can buy bottles of Ginger Ale with Quinine mixed in it for a 1.00.....Works fantastic..

You're welcome! :D
whiffypants
Banned
Posts: 1418
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by whiffypants »

Marchosias wrote:The best remedy for restless legs is QUININE......Trust me....A complete stranger on the internet. But its true.......

You can buy bottles of Ginger Ale with Quinine mixed in it for a 1.00.....Works fantastic..
Welcome to the board, Marchosias. I've actually heard this before, quinine as a restless leg remedy has been around for a lonnnnng time. Google restless leg syndrome +quinine and you'll get a lot of articles like this one. It's not just ginger ale; a number of tonic water brands have real quinine too. Check the label to be sure.

I've never tried it myself, but I would definitely give it a go if I needed help with restless legs or nighttime muscle cramps; just research it beforehand to make sure it doesn't interact with any other meds you're already taking. Thanks for the reminder!
Post Reply