2.2 percent mitragynine
-
lemondrop
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm
2.2 percent mitragynine
I received an email touting kratom with 2.2 percent mitragynine.
Is this more than typical kratom? If so, what percentage does typical kratom contain? Is it worth trying?
Is this more than typical kratom? If so, what percentage does typical kratom contain? Is it worth trying?
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
I think "normal" kratom is typically 1.7%
-
whiffypants
- Banned
- Posts: 1418
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
If you interested in trying it, and you can get a sample size at low cost, go for it and let us know how it goes.lemondrop wrote:I received an email touting kratom with 2.2 percent mitragynine.
Is this more than typical kratom? If so, what percentage does typical kratom contain? Is it worth trying?
But two things come to mind here, because this kind of thing gets promoted from time to time and it's usually bullshit:
1) What you feel and get from a dose of kratom has lot more to do with the synergy of its alkaloids than just the mitragynine alone. It's the one that's been isolated and studied the most, but by no means is it the only active alkaloid involved in giving you the effects you enjoy from kratom.
So let's say hypothetically (!!!) that the advertisement is correct, and they have managed to standardize kratom to 2.2% mitragynine content without adding anything to it (a claim that's suspect on the face of it, but whatever). It may end up being like any other kratom you've ever tried, once you dose it, or not even as good as some of your most standout doses of other strains.
2) What I find most worrisome about this email's claim is that, for me, it would suggest that the leaf is being enhanced with an unknown substance.
I don't actually know of, nor have I even heard of successful standardization of kratom; even the University of Florida research doc in Leaf of Faith settles for brewing a tea made to the same specs every time he tests, and not on a standardized product.
But from time to time someone comes out with such a claim nonetheless, and it ends up being just another meh strain, or something that has been bumped up with extract or another unknown substance.
So keep all that in mind if/when you decide to try this stuff, and definitely don't put any money on it that you can't afford to lose.
Oh, and P.S. Any claim of lab testing that does not give you -at least- the name of the lab, the date of the test, and the exact substances tested for along with their results doesn't count. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to track down or verify claims of "100% Lab Tested!" on a website only to find it was completely false. So don't assume that "lab tested" means what you think it means, or even what they say it means. If you're not given enough info to independently verify that such a lab even exists or that tests actually took place in reality, it's bullshit and you should treat it as such. That's my own view on it, anyhow.
Good luck! Let us know if you decide to try it.
-
Chastainenator
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:26 pm
- Location: arizona
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
Sounds like something the mitcount guys says. Best kratom on earth he says. High mitcount, blah, blah, blah. I tried it. Have a whole split kilo of it. It's just ok, lol. I'd go with some that I have from smiley time or mystic before that. So dont know if mitcount is where u got that email from but It definately is just regular kratom. And that guy is a douche:/ I'm sure everyone that goes on reddit knows that.
-
lemondrop
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
Thank you for the thorough and thoughtful reply.
The vendor who sent me the email is Kraken Kratom. I ordered a small amount from them awhile ago and suddenly they're sending several emails offering discounts and fancy 2.2 and "enhanced" kratom that they claim is 9 percent mitra, as well as the more typical stuff.
I wasn't very impressed with my 1st order from them, it was expensive and squarely in the meh catogory, at least the small amount I bought. This was before I found this forum and started buying from some more highly recommended vendors.
Thinking it through, what would be the point of extra mitra. For me as for most people there is a ceiling to the effects. If there wasn't lots of people would be slurping big bowls of kratom sludge down all day long. So the only advantage would be that less kratom would be needed for the optimal effects, which has value I guess, but not worth extra money for me for daily use.
That said, I'm still going to give it a try. I'm curious to see what happens. I would really like to see how they arrive at their analysis of potency after reading your reply.
I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience with Kraken kratom or the supposedly higher mitra kratom.
The vendor who sent me the email is Kraken Kratom. I ordered a small amount from them awhile ago and suddenly they're sending several emails offering discounts and fancy 2.2 and "enhanced" kratom that they claim is 9 percent mitra, as well as the more typical stuff.
I wasn't very impressed with my 1st order from them, it was expensive and squarely in the meh catogory, at least the small amount I bought. This was before I found this forum and started buying from some more highly recommended vendors.
Thinking it through, what would be the point of extra mitra. For me as for most people there is a ceiling to the effects. If there wasn't lots of people would be slurping big bowls of kratom sludge down all day long. So the only advantage would be that less kratom would be needed for the optimal effects, which has value I guess, but not worth extra money for me for daily use.
That said, I'm still going to give it a try. I'm curious to see what happens. I would really like to see how they arrive at their analysis of potency after reading your reply.
I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience with Kraken kratom or the supposedly higher mitra kratom.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
Kraken Kratom and Phytoextractum are the same company. Overpriced underwhelming leaf. I use to order from them before I discovered Reddit.
-
whiffypants
- Banned
- Posts: 1418
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
Oh, yeah. Kraken Kratom. They also got recalled back in March:lemondrop wrote:The vendor who sent me the email is Kraken Kratom.
https://old.reddit.com/r/Kratomm/commen ... other_sub/
https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm600477.htm
They say they are GMP compliant and do lab testing. If you click on the link at the bottom of this page, they will send you a "Certificate of Authenticity" for any of their products. I have NO idea what that even means; hell, I could send you a Certificate of Authenticity for my homemade mac & cheese.
In short, there are a lot of very impressive words given, even some AOAC standard test codes sprinkled in, but there's absolutely -nothing- in all of this that can be nailed down or independently verified. In short, nothing that proves they're doing any testing at all.
But if you want to go ahead and buy some, and you have the time/inclination to mess with testing their claims, see if you can get them to give you specifics on the lab testing. It may be on the "Certificate of Authenticity" they offer, or you may have to ask directly. Even then they may just be spot checking a gram or two out of tons of leaf. But whichever way it turns out, if you have the time I'd love to know what they tell you.
Thank you very much for sharing this -- it will definitely help others who are making buying decisions -- and good luck. Let us know how it all turns out!
Heh, yeah. That's pretty much all I've ever heard about them too.herbalhippie wrote:Kraken Kratom and Phytoextractum are the same company. Overpriced underwhelming leaf.
-
Kratomkingcanada
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
whiffypants wrote:
But two things come to mind here, because this kind of thing gets promoted from time to time and it's usually bullshit:
That's just not true Whiffy!!! it's not USUALLY bullshit.....It's ALWAYS bullshit!!!....lol
Ever notice how those vendors selling that high mit count kratom, always have high mit count kratom?!......like they never get a bad batch.....lol I get offers daily from Indonesia. There are a LOT of bullshit artists over there, lots of great people too. There's hundreds of independent "businesses, essentially most are just sub contractors buying and selling the same industrial kratom....So these thousands of guys are trying to get a sale, they will say almost anything to get that sale and make themselves stand out. "High Mit count" is a great way to do that, people think well hell, even if they are bullshiting it can't be worse than their regular kratom and they buy it.
I have received dozens of "high mit count" kratom and some was good, some was shit, overall I didn't notice any difference, if anything it was worse than the regular stuff. I also carry 2 "supers" on my site, I bought them from my vendor as supers because customers asked for them,but they seem to be the same as the rest of my kratom and I will not re order them after I sell out..... I see other vendors with "supers" and "high mit count" kratom and to be honest they do get lots of business from it, just not my style. If I was a liar for profit...aka whore, I would have done it back when I was selling real estate and been rich by now....lol....
This is just my opinion and what I have experienced, and I also get feedback from some regular customers that do testing for me (great job eh!!) and I could be wrong, although........
I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was mistaken about that!......
Whiffy, if you ever come to Vancouver Island Canada, please let me know and we'll hook up for a cup of "tea",...Epoison and herbalhippie too......I appreciate all you guys do for the community....
-
whiffypants
- Banned
- Posts: 1418
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
Yeah, ya got me. I try to be nice at least once every couple of weeks and there it was, fortunately the urge always passes quickly, but you're right: I have literally -never- seen where any claim to standardized kratom or any of its components was legit. I've heard of these unicorns, we all have, but have yet to see one in real life. Don't think I ever will, either.Kratomkingcanada wrote:That's just not true Whiffy!!! it's not USUALLY bullshit.....It's ALWAYS bullshit!!!....lol
Dude, if I ever make it up to Vancouver Island I will absolutely look you up for sure!
- BlendsAreMyFriends
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 561
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 pm
- Location: Downstate New York
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
Kratom is not a manufactured product it is a botanical. If you take samples from three different parts of the same kilo you'd probably get three different content readings. If they are claiming consistent content across large batches as Whiffy alluded to I'd suspect the product is somehow adulterated to achieve that.
-
whiffypants
- Banned
- Posts: 1418
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am
Re: 2.2 percent mitragynine
Yeah, it's just not possible otherwise... and probably not even then. Not that kratom extracts are something I'd want to play with anyway. When they are legitimately added, the product is "enhanced" leaf and says so (or should, anyway) but even that's not a standardized product in terms of its chemical components.BlendsAreMyFriends wrote:If they are claiming consistent content across large batches as Whiffy alluded to I'd suspect the product is somehow adulterated to achieve that.
By clear contrast, there -are- standardized botanical products, you see them all the time in the supplement world, but they do that via extracting the main chemical component(s) and then mixing to achieve standardized results across huge amounts (tons) of product.
And companies involved in producing standardized products do a LOT of testing to achieve that careful balance, not just a spot test here and there. So much so that they invariably have in house labs, because that's the only way it can be achieved: to use outside labs would mean stopping production multiple times daily in order to wait for results, because they literally test everything multiple times.
None of this is going on in the kratom world. None. The larger vendors who actually have the cash to try this (i.e. headshop suppliers) are instead sinking their money into production and advertising, not standardization and lab testing.
So how anyone can -legitimately- claim a standardized kratom or mitragynine content is beyond me: at this time it's just not possible, as far as I know.