Page 1 of 1

Extracts

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:15 pm
by Uniiiversoul
I don't take extracts often but I was recently sent a half kilo for a prior order that was messed up, so the vendor made up for it by sending some for free; Half Kilo of Red Kali.
Now, the half kilo isn't an extract, but it's a red that I have too much off, literally the half kilo sent and a little under a 1/4 kilo of the same strain from an order in the past, curious about any proper methods on how to make extract with it. It's a more energetic red. I've heard of the simmer with lemon juice and then in the oven method? I think? But I could go for some educated kratomites in this department, preferably a method that results in a good clean "crystal" extract.

Edit: asking for this method because I take enough plain leaf on a daily basis, would prefer to take less powder from time to time. In my experience extracts don't last very long though.

Re: Extracts

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:18 pm
by BallzDeep9
OK, I'm not the Expert on Extract, not sure WHO is these days ? But here's the tek offered by King Shit 2 years ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... g_extract/

Pretty sure the Original Recipe is from u/romper_stomperr and/OR u/ggghhhhhh - Go ahead and SAVE this page, before he destroys it... Make sure to expand and read ALL the comments, even the part about "You really are condescending" lol - Parse all that bullshit back & forth and I think we've got a pretty good idea of how to proceed. :) Definitely switch pure Ethanol, for the ISO he foolishly recommends, the finishing stage you could either make a liquid Tincture or reduce it down to powder Extract. Can anyone else chime in? u/Labdog03 ?

Re: Extracts

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:20 pm
by K4pain
[quote="BallzDeep9"]OK, I'm not the Expert on Extract, not sure WHO is these days ? But here's the tek offered by King Shit 2 years

Hymnder? Yeah fuck that guy. No one likes him. I've never heard anything nice about the guy. Ever

Re: Extracts

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:28 pm
by herbalhippie
K4pain wrote:
BallzDeep9 wrote:OK, I'm not the Expert on Extract, not sure WHO is these days ? But here's the tek offered by King Shit 2 years

Hymnder? Yeah fuck that guy. No one likes him. I've never heard anything nice about the guy. Ever
I do believe that hymnder was posting someone else's recipe, not his own.

Re: Extracts

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:55 pm
by mescalien
I think that the best way for at home kratom extracts is just using an everclear or grain alcohol soak. Soak your kratom for a few hours in the grain alcohol filter it, and then evaporate all the alcohol with low heat or no heat. Don't use any open flame when evaporating and practice basic safety around alcohol fumes.
In Indonesia a lot of the black tar and 50x and other extracts come from isopropanol or kerosene processing runs. Some are really nasty with residues that ain't nice to consume.

Some US manufacturers like
Herbal Research or Mitra Gold Have full spectrum extracts made with food grade processing. these are going to be a higher quality standard for an extract if you don't feel like making your own at home.

Re: Extracts

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 pm
by BallzDeep9
Some US manufacturers like Herbal Research or Mitra Gold Have full spectrum extracts
Herb Research "HR" of Corvallis, Oregon, has been in business doing kratom extracts for over 10 years, one of the oldest kratom "vendors" right? Domain since 1999.

So HR is in a different ballpark from Mitra Gold (domain registered 2018) or Magnum Opus "MO Botanicals" or Caleb's Concentrates or others... That being said, there is NO evidence that HR's products are better / stronger than other extract makers. In FACT, if you search Reddit, HR customers say it's way over-priced.. I count several legit reviews, who claim they stopped buying from HR when MO (and others) came out with Pure Alkaloids/ tincture/ products that are equal in potency for a much lower price.. and MO's pure alks are $35 a gram, last I checked :o

Yeah... HR is ridiculous expensive. He's still got a website by Private Subscription "Members Only". Great example of old skool vendor who became outdated, when 100 new kratom websites popped up 2 years ago. Still sells various products like Gold Reserve and Potent Indo. Still claims there's no such thing as Red Maeng Da, but his Red Malay is perfectly legit :lol:

Re: Extracts

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:52 pm
by mescalien
BallzDeep9 wrote:
Some US manufacturers like Herbal Research or Mitra Gold Have full spectrum extracts
Herb Research "HR" of Corvallis, Oregon, has been in business doing kratom extracts for over 10 years, one of the oldest kratom "vendors" right? Domain since 1999.

So HR is in a different ballpark from Mitra Gold (domain registered 2018) or Magnum Opus "MO Botanicals" or Caleb's Concentrates or others... That being said, there is NO evidence that HR's products are better / stronger than other extract makers. In FACT, if you search Reddit, HR customers say it's way over-priced.. I count several legit reviews, who claim they stopped buying from HR when MO (and others) came out with Pure Alkaloids/ tincture/ products that are equal in potency for a much lower price.. and MO's pure alks are $35 a gram, last I checked :o

Yeah... HR is ridiculous expensive. He's still got a website by Private Subscription "Members Only". Great example of old skool vendor who became outdated, when 100 new kratom websites popped up 2 years ago. Still sells various products like Gold Reserve and Potent Indo. Still claims there's no such thing as Red Maeng Da, but his Red Malay is perfectly legit :lol:
I agree they HR is definitely little pricey. I tend to opt for other vendors as a result but I have had a membership with them for 7 years so from time to time I will cough up the extra dough. definitely not a go-to for me as I'm on a tight budget these days.