Noob Kratom Confusion
- twistedvincent
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:44 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
Noob Kratom Confusion
Not to sound like a complete noob but I don't know what the hell to buy. Bali, Jongkong, hulu, bentuangie, aech, indo, kali etc, etc, etc...
HUH?
Ideally I'd like a strains with HIGH euphoria, moderate pain relief during the day and the strongest pain relief possible at night. All while rotating strains/colors/vendors....whatever's best to combat tolerance.
BTW how do blends fit in the mix if I'm trying to rotate whites, reds, greens,etc. properly?
Is there a reliable guide to kratom strains and their effects? I've found a few but each one says something completely different! Kratomaton says one thing and kratomguides says the opposite and kratomscience says something else....frustrating.
My brain hurts...
HUH?
Ideally I'd like a strains with HIGH euphoria, moderate pain relief during the day and the strongest pain relief possible at night. All while rotating strains/colors/vendors....whatever's best to combat tolerance.
BTW how do blends fit in the mix if I'm trying to rotate whites, reds, greens,etc. properly?
Is there a reliable guide to kratom strains and their effects? I've found a few but each one says something completely different! Kratomaton says one thing and kratomguides says the opposite and kratomscience says something else....frustrating.
My brain hurts...
-
Kunlong
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm
- Location: New Mexico, USA
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
Rotating properly? Its kratom, you eat red to relax and green to go.
Borneo and bali are both good examples of red. Jongkong is just another name. There is no limit to names it seems.
Bentuangie is usually a good representative too.
But don't get a headache, just get one and maybe try a different one nect time - its kind of hard to pick "wrong"
Borneo and bali are both good examples of red. Jongkong is just another name. There is no limit to names it seems.
Bentuangie is usually a good representative too.
But don't get a headache, just get one and maybe try a different one nect time - its kind of hard to pick "wrong"
-
evilday
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:23 pm
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
Possibly you would be better off getting a large sampler and experimenting with smaller amounts and then buy bigger of what worked for you. Okie has big sample packs, Herbal Salvation I remember did them, Mystic has 3.00 sizes of everything, and there's always backpack sellers on mewe selling really big samplers for a good price. As far as blends, some vendors sell them with a fairly clear name of what the blend is meant to do. You could also try a blend made for pain relief, for example, and if it works for you then go off of what was in it. In my experience, a good bali, especially green bali, has given me great euphoria, but whites can also be good for that and certain reds as well. It's better to try them out. And even then, batch to batch, farm to farm, season to season... there's so many variables that will affect your experience. But the best advice I think would be not to stress about it. A lot of the time those labels don't mean as much as it seems.
Over time I developed a sense of what would work for me. So most whites, some greens, and only green colored reds (when you see a chocolate colored red you will know!) are my most effective choices given what I use for and how I'm using it.
Over time I developed a sense of what would work for me. So most whites, some greens, and only green colored reds (when you see a chocolate colored red you will know!) are my most effective choices given what I use for and how I'm using it.
- twistedvincent
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:44 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
[/quote]Kunlong wrote:Rotating properly? Its kratom, you eat red to relax and green to go.
I mean rotating to keep tolerance in check.
I don't get it. Why does ONE strain of kratom have four names. It's frustrating when you're new to the game.Kunlong wrote:There is no limit to names it seems.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
As far as greens, some can be on the speedy end. A lot of them are what you call slow, euphoric greens. Not sedating but definitely not speedy. Those happen to be my favorite.
- DrPsilocybong
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
I know that's right and just because you get Jong kong from X don't mean it will be like Y Jong kong. When I'm trying a new vendor I get as many samples as I can and re order large amount of what I liked the best.
- twistedvincent
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:44 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
I'm having trouble finding White Indo at KOG, RVA, BB etc. I have NO idea what to even consider buying from them. I think I'm just gonna' call and tell them what I'm looking for.
-
Kunlong
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm
- Location: New Mexico, USA
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
I mean rotating to keep tolerance in check.twistedvincent wrote:Kunlong wrote:Rotating properly? Its kratom, you eat red to relax and green to go.
I don't get it. Why does ONE strain of kratom have four names. It's frustrating when you're new to the game.[/quote]Kunlong wrote:There is no limit to names it seems.
Lots of them are regional names I think? Kratom is changeable by where it grows, so areas are often names.
But like you, I have no clue as to most of them?
Whereever that "bentuangie" place is, they have a good bush.....
- twistedvincent
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:44 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
Re: Noob Kratom Confusion
^ It's not a place, I've found out that it's a kratom that's been fermented differently resulting in an alkaloid profile.
Basically it a strong painkiller that won't knock you so hard like Bali.
I think...
Basically it a strong painkiller that won't knock you so hard like Bali.
I think...