Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by SimonBcv »

After taking kratom for almost a year (1 to 2 gram per dose - up to 6 grams per day) couple days ago I noticed that it no longer had effect, so instead of increasing dosage I decided to quit cold turkey for a few days, during the day it seemed "okay" not taking any, but at night again I had a serious case of restless leg syndrome - what I did was, I took very small amount (half a gram) and it took care of the RLS and I could sleep normally, the next night same thing, I tough I could fall asleep but RLS presented itself and after taking half a gram it went away, so if anybody is in the same boat you can try the same (measure about half a gram) and use that to combat RLS (it's better to take a little break from kratom rather then increasing dosage to get desired effect in my opinion).

P.S. On the third day after taking just 1 gram in the morning (before eating anything) the Kratom effects were apparent again :D
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by BallzDeep9 »

the Kratom effects were apparent again
Yee-haw! Welcome back to kratom!! :D

I know, its funny how U only need to squeak by for a couple of days .. I just tapered from around 10g per day total.. down to like 2g Stem & Vein. Gave me just enough to settle the RLS .. I had zero discomfort .. Now I'm absolutely flying again on 4g dose of average good leaf. 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by herbalhippie »

I'm still holding steady at (usually) .75 gram sometimes up to 1. It's been since early September of 2017 when I discovered Reddit and the vendors. I've tapered down to .50 but haven't really taken any breaks. I probably should.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by BallzDeep9 »

(usually) .75 gram sometimes up to 1.
wOw that's funny .. What would happen if U took a whole 2 grams, would the FX be too much? :lol:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by herbalhippie »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
(usually) .75 gram sometimes up to 1.
wOw that's funny .. What would happen if U took a whole 2 grams, would the FX be too much? :lol:
I don't know! I'm afraid to try!

I think the most I've taken in a year and a half is 1.4, something like that. :lol:
User avatar
Devil_Dog21
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
Location: Chicago NW burbs

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by Devil_Dog21 »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
the Kratom effects were apparent again
Yee-haw! Welcome back to kratom!! :D

I know, its funny how U only need to squeak by for a couple of days .. I just tapered from around 10g per day total.. down to like 2g Stem & Vein. Gave me just enough to settle the RLS .. I had zero discomfort .. Now I'm absolutely flying again on 4g dose of average good leaf. 8-)
Ballzdeep, how long did you stay at 2g before you increased again?
To Conquor or Die!
Devil Dogs aka DD
Nemo Sapien
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by Nemo Sapien »

Are y'all using enhanced leaf by any chance? The only time I have experience restless limbs is when I ran out of enhanced leaf and decided to take a break. A gram or 2 of regular leaf worked for relieving the restless leg.. I was taking a hell of a lot though for back pain.. like 4 teaspoons worth in the morning and 8 in the evening.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by Payshince »

Nemo Sapien wrote:Are y'all using enhanced leaf by any chance? The only time I have experience restless limbs is when I ran out of enhanced leaf and decided to take a break. A gram or 2 of regular leaf worked for relieving the restless leg.. I was taking a hell of a lot though for back pain.. like 4 teaspoons worth in the morning and 8 in the evening.
So like 20grams?
- Payshince
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by BallzDeep9 »

how long did you stay at 2g before you increased again?
Hmm 3 or 4 days.. I did several days half & half - S+V 1:1 w/ plain leaf. Going from 5g, 4g, then couple days 3g. Finally S+V alone just 3 days.

There was temptation to cheat! But that's my routine, mixing a big dose mid-day .. So I still "mixed something" with vitamins & juice etc. NO evening dose. During this 2 week taper, I also had like 2 days on Phenibut, and a few days using Agmatine - low dose 200 mg.

For some reason the Agmatine @ 500 mg gives me pressure.. its like a dull headache! I'm still experimenting... 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Zeke0501
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:32 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by Zeke0501 »

Hey I really appreciate this convo thread about tapers and lowering ones doseage I’m currently wanting to lower so badly but it’s hard! SNV so many keep telling me cut my reg leaf dose in half and add SNV
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by Payshince »

Ballz and others,

How worth it is it to use Phenibut especially in times of need as in w/d aka tapering from Kratom to aid in comfort and less distress?

I haven’t used Phenibut, yet.

I don’t really want to unless necessary and if it helps like Agmatine supposedly does than I’d like to eventually use it!
I am putting my New bottle of Agmatine aside for now.
Not using it maybe ever due to Agmatine diminishing my Kratom effects a lot!
Anyway any insight would be very cool.

You never know when you might use a solid idea esp. during a T-break!

I need to do one again probably in March. Last time I did one was in September ish and I added SnV more and more and reg leaf less n less for about 5/6 weeks!
I really didn’t want any Anxiety mentally so I dragged it out.

:)
- Payshince
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by pray4peace4 »

Ballz... I went out & got some Agmatine myself about a month ago & I got the same strange headache you mentioned. I kept taking it for a couple days & felt really sick like I had a fever. I couldn't stand that stuff. Didn't help lower my tolerance at all.
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by SimonBcv »

It's interesting you mentioned Phenibut, I did take 500MG dose of it during one of the "off-days" to substitute for Kratom and it did help to eliminate the stress, but I don't think it helped with RLS, anyway if you do plan on using it, its not recommended to take it more then 1 or 2 times a week (I only take it 1ce a week (500mg dose) you really don't want to get addicted to that stuff.
KrateAndVape
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:00 am

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by KrateAndVape »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
(usually) .75 gram sometimes up to 1.
wOw that's funny .. What would happen if U took a whole 2 grams, would the FX be too much? :lol:
I see it going one of 3 ways:
1.) IF "lucky", the effects would be "too much".
2.) Tolerance could do a "sneak attack" (god forbid) and the 0.75 - 1g doses could "do nothing" any more and it could take 2 grams to feel anything any more.
3.) Or... 2grams could bust through the ceiling and do absolutely bothing.

Before experiencing Kratom, I would put all my money on #1 above. BUT, we're talking about Kratom and tolerance here. So it's literally a toss of a 3-sided coin. Herball Hippie is VERY SMART in being "afraid to try".

Whenever my mind has said "You need more tonight" (it's usually in the evening when I get those thoughts) or "You've had a rough day, you deserve a treat!", inevitably I don't get the results I desire or thought I would and it just ends up being wasting powder and a risk of hiking tolerance.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom tolerance / lowering usage

Post by herbalhippie »

KrateAndVape wrote: Herball Hippie is VERY SMART in being "afraid to try".

Many, many years ago I did a cold turkey detox off of a pretty impressive Percocet habit. It's a place I NEVER want to go again. I have a healthy fear of opioids now. These low doses of kratom don't completely take my pain away, but they take away a good part of it and I can function, that's good enough for me.

I should add that I've been on 2 - 5 mg hydrocodone per day for about 10 years now. I was glad to discover kratom to use as an adjunct because 2/day just aren't enough anymore as my arthritis has gotten worse over those years. I generally save the pills for work hours when I absolutely have to be fully functional.

I'll take a dose of kratom an hour after a hydro if I'm have what for me is severe pain. Also one in between my two hydros of the day and then one late afternoon and mid-evening. So, three to four doses of kratom a day usually. It's allowed me to cut WAY back on NSAIDS. I'm surprised I haven't had GI bleed, the amount of ibuprofen I used to take. :shock:
Post Reply