coffe-type filters for find ground material like kraom?
-
3Gdd6R
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am
coffe-type filters for find ground material like kraom?
when i make kratom tea, i use the melitta one cup brewer but i use paper towels in the brewer cup to help with the speed of filtering.
i'm now tired of the paper towel way, as they are fast but i have to use a 2-3 paper towels to filter 8-12 ounces of water+kratom. and they don't fit the brewer well either.
so anyone know of a melitta-type shape coffee filter that is better suited for filtering finer grind than coarse coffee grounds? and faster too than the melitta's.
tia
i'm now tired of the paper towel way, as they are fast but i have to use a 2-3 paper towels to filter 8-12 ounces of water+kratom. and they don't fit the brewer well either.
so anyone know of a melitta-type shape coffee filter that is better suited for filtering finer grind than coarse coffee grounds? and faster too than the melitta's.
tia
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: coffe-type filters for find ground material like kraom?
Filters for kratom powder, most powder is super fine grind. So... Paper coffee filters, don't really work. They don't let enough of the good stuff, get through... so you're throwing out like half your kratom?
I use a stainless steel Tea Infuser. It definitely traps any large particles.. you can also shake it or submerge it, to pass MORE of the mud into your tea.. OR just letting it sit, will filter "most" of the sludge out. I still drink a little sludge
Here's a PIC

I use a stainless steel Tea Infuser. It definitely traps any large particles.. you can also shake it or submerge it, to pass MORE of the mud into your tea.. OR just letting it sit, will filter "most" of the sludge out. I still drink a little sludge

Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
3Gdd6R
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am
Re: coffe-type filters for find ground material like kraom?
i got one of those from your recommendation from another thread awhile back. works great too!BallzDeep9 wrote:Filters for kratom powder, most powder is super fine grind. So... Paper coffee filters, don't really work. They don't let enough of the good stuff, get through... so you're throwing out like half your kratom?![]()
I use a stainless steel Tea Infuser. It definitely traps any large particles.. you can also shake it or submerge it, to pass MORE of the mud into your tea.. OR just letting it sit, will filter "most" of the sludge out. I still drink a little sludgeHere's a PIC
not as clean as paper filter but it does strain more than i had thought. and we do loose some beneficials if strained too much i think. just some times i like a clear golden K tea filtered well. but only paper towels does a reasonable job filtering K. though that is a bit messy and time consuming. thought perhaps there were other merlitta size filters made for finer grind coffees or teas we cold use.
your tea infuser it next best thing, glad i make use of it. thanks!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: coffe-type filters for find ground material like kraom?
Great! Glad you could use it.. One tweak I use for making Tea, is cut a large piece of cotton T-shirt, and wrap around that Infuser. Put a rubber band around to hold it on. Now, the Infuser catches large particles while the T-shirt filters even more of the fine grain stuff... For brewing a large batch, the T-shirt gets soaked & I end up taking it off and giving 1 final squeeze.
Good ideas! I'm going to try your Paper Towel method. Get some of those "super strong" Bounty brand? thanks
Good ideas! I'm going to try your Paper Towel method. Get some of those "super strong" Bounty brand? thanks
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!