How do you store your stash
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
How do you store your stash
I fill little Tupper ware containers with kratom from big bags,label it,and keep them in shoe boxes,I put the rest of the bag stored away in a plastic bin,,then all my small bags are stored in plastic bins,,reds in one, green and white in another,,,I feel like a hoarder, I got about 4 shoe boxes filled with little Tupper ware containers,and about 4 plastic bins filled with little gold bags,all tucked under the bed,,then plastic bins stacked up in the closet with big bags,,I have to keep a notebook to keep track of what I have,what it works best for,etc. I figured keeping it sealed up keeps it fresher,,,I was stocking up the end of summer in case they ban it,,then again in fall to get me through the rainy season, ,I just wonder how long you can store it without it losing its alkaloids, ,
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: How do you store your stash
In the bags they came in, in good snap seal bins with desiccant packets scattered around. I had a bunch of loose bags cuz I needed a new bin and I finally got one yesterday. Now I have eight bins full of unopened bags, one full of opened bags I don't use very often and two full of bags that are in use.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: How do you store your stash
Most of my stash is in the original bags, I have some in pickle jars cuz either the ziplocks have gone bad or I have portions from larger amounts like kilos, stored in them. Vacuum sealed kilos I keep under my (memory foam) bed matress 
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: How do you store your stash
I just dump it in the top drawer of my dresser and make little dividers so the strains don't get so mixed in. The cats don't really seem mess with it too much.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: How do you store your stash
My son just leaves bags in cupboard, along with his jars of shrooms, he's told me about micro dosing,ummm, that's for another thread

-
Brad frerichs
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
- Location: Central Illinois
Re: How do you store your stash
Bought a small fridge, like a dorm room fridge. Original package Opened bags in the fridge, unopened in a drawer.
-
ShaggyShanahan
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 3:01 pm
Re: How do you store your stash
I used to leave mine in the original bags on the counter next to the oven. :/ I think there was a noticeable decrease in potency over a few months of doing that. Now, I still keep them in the original bags, in a spare bedroom. Nice and cold and drafty in that room. 
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: How do you store your stash
Brad frerichs wrote:Bought a small fridge, like a dorm room fridge. Original package Opened bags in the fridge, unopened in a drawer.
I remember seeing on Reddit that it was not a good idea to store kratom in a fridge. Chance of moisture getting in it.
-
3Gdd6R
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am
Re: How do you store your stash
use a couple of different size Sterilite plastic containers with lockseal tops with desiccant packets tossed in. eighteen quart and 30 quart sizes for now. got that idea from another post on DMH. opened or unopened bags stay in them. usually tough only one container has any opened bags in it that i will rotate for a given week or so. Ball jars in the kitchen too has a few filled with strains. room is cool and dry and dark that the Sterillite containers reside in. got them at home depot, good cost. they are clear with clear lockdown tops so glancing at them i know whats in each. easy to organize by type and/or vendor.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: How do you store your stash
That's why you just cut it 20:1 baking powder.herbalhippie wrote:Brad frerichs wrote:Bought a small fridge, like a dorm room fridge. Original package Opened bags in the fridge, unopened in a drawer.
I remember seeing on Reddit that it was not a good idea to store kratom in a fridge. Chance of moisture getting in it.
Word is, adds a little kick to it too
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: How do you store your stash
I keep mine in several totes in my closet for storage, but I have a larger than average stash and need to sell a good portion of it.
A good idea is putting your Kratom in Ball Jars. They range in different sizes and the lids suction on and tighten around the mouth of the jar, so it guarantees freshness. People use them for canning preserves and pickles and store them for infinite time, so it works especially great for Kratom.
When you open it up, the lid will make a popping sound. Also, light is not good (supposedly) for Kratom, so I have blue, purple and brown jars and at least I know the brown ones block UV rays.
As for the stuff I am consuming at the moment, it’s in the kitchen cabinet since I’m quick to tear through a strain. EX: SoCal’s Red Cambodian is my jam right now, so my rotation includes this and a few others I’ll tear through this week.
So, totes and closet for unopened stash, ball jars for opened bags, kitchen for my Kratom du jour.
A good idea is putting your Kratom in Ball Jars. They range in different sizes and the lids suction on and tighten around the mouth of the jar, so it guarantees freshness. People use them for canning preserves and pickles and store them for infinite time, so it works especially great for Kratom.
When you open it up, the lid will make a popping sound. Also, light is not good (supposedly) for Kratom, so I have blue, purple and brown jars and at least I know the brown ones block UV rays.
As for the stuff I am consuming at the moment, it’s in the kitchen cabinet since I’m quick to tear through a strain. EX: SoCal’s Red Cambodian is my jam right now, so my rotation includes this and a few others I’ll tear through this week.
So, totes and closet for unopened stash, ball jars for opened bags, kitchen for my Kratom du jour.
The Red Queen
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: How do you store your stash
When I get a kilo, I break it up in 250g piles and vacuum seal each one with a couple of those food-grade oxygen absorbers thrown in (like what you find in a beef jerky bag). I keep one of the 250g bags in a ziploc bag for current use. If I order alot of a specific strain for long storage, I will vacuum seal in a mylar bag with a few oxygen absorbers. Mylar bags are the pinnacle of long term food storage containers because the metal barrier protects food and products from moisture, light and oxygen. I have some strain from 5-6 years ago that are just as fresh as when I ordered them. Im kind of a prepper when it comes to kratom 
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.