average dose size question

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

average dose size question

Post by plumplump »

so, if you folks dont mind me asking, what would you say is your average dose size for plain leaf. i know it will vary depending on batch and vendor and a bunch of other things.

at the moment i average about 6 grams, twice a day. so 12 total. i only have kratom from one vedor at the moment. i am hoping that when i get the 4 orders i have coming (only two are guaranteed to show up, as a friend is bringing them to me in mexico, the other a friend shipped, a while ago, and im starting to worry about that one, and the newest one i finally found a vendor willing to ship to mexico!!) that i can cut my dose in half by having a much larger rotation and variety of vendors.

so anyway, do people think 6 grams is a high dose? seems higher than i would like it. i do have a very high natural tolerance for opiate style stuff....
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: average dose size question

Post by herbalhippie »

.75 - 1 gram 3-4x/day :)
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by plumplump »

herbalhippie wrote:.75 - 1 gram 3-4x/day :)
wow. lucky. do you feel like you could do more but are happy with that?

i would very much like to cut mine in half at least.
User avatar
cheddarbear
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am

Re: average dose size question

Post by cheddarbear »

I usually take 4 teaspoons (I think that’s around 8 grams) once early in the day, not everyday. Once in awhile i’ll take 2-3 of a red at night. Never felt a withdrawal symptom, but a couple times i’ve gotten a real hyper/nervous feeling from taking too much — I’m assuming it was just strong kratom.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: average dose size question

Post by herbalhippie »

plumplump wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:.75 - 1 gram 3-4x/day :)
wow. lucky. do you feel like you could do more but are happy with that?

i would very much like to cut mine in half at least.

I am lucky, I know. I've seen 2 or 3 other people on Reddit who dose this low and get effects good enough. I could probably do more, but I'm happy with this dose for now.
LuLu
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:50 am
Location: Kansas

Re: average dose size question

Post by LuLu »

I take 6g three times a day.
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: average dose size question

Post by jabro70 »

Normally 4 to 5 grams in the morning. Occasionally will add around 3g at lunch. Evening is normally 5 to 8 depending on pain level.
lavender
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by lavender »

am taking about 3,5 -4 grams ( 1 teaspoon) about 6 times a day
FightForKratom
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by FightForKratom »

I do about 4 grams in the morning, 4 In the afternoon and 4 of a nice red for sleep before bedtime sometime give or take depending on the day. I'm in need of a tea break here soon
Maxxx
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by Maxxx »

cheddarbear wrote:I usually take 4 teaspoons (I think that’s around 8 grams)
You should weigh it and see. A rounded, measured teaspoon for me weighs out to about 3g.
tropicalfreeze
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by tropicalfreeze »

8 grams Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday evenings. I may take a week or two off soon, but this schedule has served me well for the past month or so. I've been curious about using lower, more stimulating doses during the day, but I value the cozy, sedating side of kratom more and I'd rather avoid using every day.
Brad frerichs
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: average dose size question

Post by Brad frerichs »

4 grams at a time and anywhere from 6 to 10 times a day
Bigblind
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Texas

Re: average dose size question

Post by Bigblind »

7g to 8g four times a day pain management .....I manage a very large automotive repair facility so i get up at 5am and get home at 7:00 7:30
Last edited by Bigblind on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: average dose size question

Post by CatfatherB »

Between 6.5-9 grams 3 times a day, I have a tolerance but have refused to deal with it accordingly. :twisted:
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by plumplump »

thanks for all the replies guys. so it seems like im kinda in the middle, or upper end of the middle. it will be interesting to see if some new vendors stuff allows me to lower the dosage a little. i don't hate taking 6 grams, but it makes me a little woozy in the stomach afterwords sometimes, and if i could save money that would be nice.
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by instantKARMA »

On a good day, 2.5-4 grams 4-6 times a day. However, bedtime amount is generally
in the 4-7 gram range, again depending on pain levels. I've found 2 grams about an hour
before bedtime and then another 3-5 gram spike just before bed really enhances sleep.
When pain wakes me in the middle of the night, which happens most nights, I generally
take another 2-3 grams to get me through. Pain while sleeping is a major issue.

On a bad day, 6-8 times. Average dose on a really uncomfortable day is a minimum of
3 grams. Sometimes I begin with around 2.5 grams and bump it an hour later with another
2 grams. Would likely dose a larger quantity if not for developing tolerance issues. I've been
battling that demon off and on the last couple of months.
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by plumplump »

i wonder if smaller doses more often would be a good idea for me. during the day i just like a little bit of good clean energy and anxiety relief. night time i do like to feel like i've taken something, if that makes sense. like a nice warm blanket kinda feel. also, i take 3-4 days off a week, depending on how i am feeling. my tolerance always seems to be the same after 4 days, so i wonder if i am taking the minimum amount for my natural tolerance, at least of this bunch of kratom that i currently have.
User avatar
DrFappingston
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by DrFappingston »

6g is a full dose for me. Usually I'll take a 6g dose in the AM before I go into work, another 6g dose at around 1PM after lunch and then when I get home I will generally do multiple 1g doses spaced about an hour apart.

I get noticeable effects around 4g, but 6g is the sweet spot for me. I plan to try to cut it in half within the next month or two though and try my hand at this whole "less is more" theory. Seems counter-intuitive to me, but it seems to work for others.

I'm about 6" 330lbs male, and also tend to have a naturally high tolerance for substances of most types.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
KratomLyfe
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by KratomLyfe »

5.7g in the morning around 10am. Then another 5.7 in mid-afternoon or after dinner around 7pm. The second dose is never as good as the first.
Sometimes instead of a 2nd krat, I'll do 200 milligrams of caffeine; that never disappoints :)
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by KurtisCards »

3.3 grams 4 times a day. Down from 5.5g 5 times a day.
User avatar
cheddarbear
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am

Re: average dose size question

Post by cheddarbear »

Maxxx wrote:
cheddarbear wrote:I usually take 4 teaspoons (I think that’s around 8 grams)
You should weigh it and see. A rounded, measured teaspoon for me weighs out to about 3g.
I measured a perfect teaspoon of BB verde on my scale and it came out to 2.5 g.
aqtgirly4u
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm
Location: Kansas City Metro

Re: average dose size question

Post by aqtgirly4u »

I take 2.5 to 3 gm 2 or 3 times a day. I used to take 6 but find lower doses work better most days.
User avatar
voodoopsych
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:10 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Re: average dose size question

Post by voodoopsych »

My tolerance kicked in at my usual 7 grams so i bumped up to taking 10 grams for a while until i can take a tolerance break.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: average dose size question

Post by Payshince »

I take between 3.5g - 4.00g

6x a day

1st Morning (before work)

3-4x @ work

6th dose after dinner

Most times 6 doses

Sometimes Ill do a 7th if I need to for bed.

Can be anywhere from 3 doses minimum to 8 max. In a day.
If I sleep later and am home with not much going on Anxiety is pretty low as it is so of course only would Need to burn 3x!

I actually havent ever taken a dose Exactly for sleep. I have a lot of Fast strains due to depression causing apathy. Now I am able to work harder and for longer! (At work and at home).

I’m currently on the hunt for Slower strains finally.
;)
- Payshince
NMKrato
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am

Re: average dose size question

Post by NMKrato »

I am at 2.5-3.5g 4 times a day on the days that I work. On my days off its usually 3g 3 times a day. Sometimes i will throw in a .8g booster an hour after a dose if it isnt hitting well, and a booster tends to help me put more space between my larger doses.
ShortyRS
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: average dose size question

Post by ShortyRS »

Between 3 - 3.5 g 2 - 3 times a day.
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by Oletimer »

3 gr,, ( 1 level tsp.) 4 times a day, and about 6 gr., a few hrs. Before bedtime ,,,, :P
User avatar
DrFappingston
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by DrFappingston »

Oletimer wrote:3 gr,, ( 1 level tsp.) 4 times a day, and about 6 gr., a few hrs. Before bedtime ,,,, :P
That's the dose that I'm trying to get to, did you start higher than that and then taper down?

I'm currently fiddling with my dose, I started at 6g and then tried 4g and ended up going back to 5g. I'm going to try 4.5 and see if that gives me the same or better effects.

6g is my go to dose for a bedtime red burn as well.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
Gonzokat86
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: average dose size question

Post by Gonzokat86 »

I usually dose 5g in morning, 7g before lunch, 5g evening
Post Reply