Kratom against Cold & Flu
- SimonBcv
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm
Kratom against Cold & Flu
Have you guys experienced situation where everyone around you (who don't use Kratom) gets the flu and you're the only one that doesn't?
-
thisisthehaunt
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 pm
Re: Kratom against Cold & Flu
Yeah, I mean you still have to make sure you're not being negligent with regards to hand washing and hygienic because you're not immune, but there is 100 percent some kind of correlation between kratom and less sickness (or at least less symptoms, I don't know for sure what the science is).
It was a similar situation for me when I was on heroin. As long as I wasn't dope sick, I didn't get sick, not once in 9 years. I have gotten a cold twice since I started taking kratom 3 years ago though, so my totally non professional assumption is that there's a correlation between combating illness like colds/flu and opioid receptor activity. Which would also explain why kratom doesn't necessarily cause that effect of fighting cold/flu off as much as drugs like morphine/h because it's opioid receptor activity is limited in comparison to those.
It was a similar situation for me when I was on heroin. As long as I wasn't dope sick, I didn't get sick, not once in 9 years. I have gotten a cold twice since I started taking kratom 3 years ago though, so my totally non professional assumption is that there's a correlation between combating illness like colds/flu and opioid receptor activity. Which would also explain why kratom doesn't necessarily cause that effect of fighting cold/flu off as much as drugs like morphine/h because it's opioid receptor activity is limited in comparison to those.
-
evilday
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:23 pm
Re: Kratom against Cold & Flu
Same for me, and I have three kids under the age of 13 so it's a very germy household. Even when all three of them get a cold, 9 times out of ten I won't get it. This is not the case about a year ago when I was still using kratom a few times a week in addition to other things like kava. It's only when I started using daily I got this effect.