Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
-
lemondrop
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm
Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
I bought some kratom almost a year ago from a sorta sketchy vendor - not on the list here for good reasons - and it was complete crap. Absolutely zero effects. I might as well have been taking some flour.
I tucked it away in a closet and forgot about it. I saw it this morning while looking for something else and thought what the heck, give it a go.
I'm experiencing a very decent burn. I'm shocked and delighted.
Maybe kratom ages like wine or cheese...? Does anyone know what happens to kratom structurally as it grows older? Anyone else had this experience?
Anyway, from this experience I recommend saving your shitty kratom and giving it a try at a later date.
I tucked it away in a closet and forgot about it. I saw it this morning while looking for something else and thought what the heck, give it a go.
I'm experiencing a very decent burn. I'm shocked and delighted.
Maybe kratom ages like wine or cheese...? Does anyone know what happens to kratom structurally as it grows older? Anyone else had this experience?
Anyway, from this experience I recommend saving your shitty kratom and giving it a try at a later date.
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
I haven't found any real winners from my old stash from either this time last year, a couple from The Real Mitra Genie from April of last year. His stuff is actually pretty good or was. I even have some from late 2016. I think most people use their less than stellar kratom to mix in blends.
* javagurl62
-
MysticIsland
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 45
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 am
- Contact:
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
It may be assumed that due to the recent conversation regarding our company that is why I would be commenting but it is not. The Christmas giveaway before this last one a customer received some of our kratom and was dissatisfied with the giveaway. That customer went on to leave a negative review on one of the kratom forums. A month or so later that customer went on to apologize for the negative review because after revisiting the batch the customer found it to actually be quite nice. From my own personal experience I think diet, headspace, last time we burned, what is going on in our life at that moment as well as what we have experienced in our lives up to that point all have an impact on how we feel about it. Business aside, this is what I have found in my own personal life. Cheers.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
You know the crazy thing is - IT works both ways. Yes put that old blah kratom on the shelf. Try 2 months later and, it works... But also. That "Fire" stuff you loved the 1st Time out, seems to be just average the next week?I recommend saving your shitty kratom and giving it a try at a later date.
1st Time is the Charm. and also, Save for a Rainy Day.
Everyone I know, who loves kratom .. winds up with TONS of "average" stuff. I'm starting to make Home Brew extract.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
FightForKratom
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
So true. Nailed it right on the headBallzDeep9 wrote:You know the crazy thing is - IT works both ways. Yes put that old blah kratom on the shelf. Try 2 months later and, it works... But also. That "Fire" stuff you loved the 1st Time out, seems to be just average the next week?
-
Goat
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:13 pm
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
Also mixing that crap kratom with a different strain or color can make it very enjoyable. 
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
Yeah, I either hold onto it to come back to, for blends, or even tell some friends that doesn't do much for me and maybe someone would be interested in buying/trading for it. Though thankfully, I have not had this issue very many times considering I luckily was put onto quality vendors from the beginning of my experience.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
MysticIsland wrote:It may be assumed that due to the recent conversation regarding our company that is why I would be commenting but it is not. The Christmas giveaway before this last one a customer received some of our kratom and was dissatisfied with the giveaway. That customer went on to leave a negative review on one of the kratom forums. A month or so later that customer went on to apologize for the negative review because after revisiting the batch the customer found it to actually be quite nice. From my own personal experience I think diet, headspace, last time we burned, what is going on in our life at that moment as well as what we have experienced in our lives up to that point all have an impact on how we feel about it. Business aside, this is what I have found in my own personal life. Cheers.
I agree with this totally, I have GOOD days and BAD days a lot of my burns depend on what I've burned before and most of all....ME!!!
.......and for anyone about to say I'm a "shill" I've never bought from MI before.
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
So, someone won some free kratom, didn't like it, AND posted their dissatisfaction about it online? What the fuck is wrong with people nowadays?MysticIsland wrote:The Christmas giveaway before this last one a customer received some of our kratom and was dissatisfied with the giveaway. That customer went on to leave a negative review on one of the kratom forums.
-
lemondrop
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
I don't want it to go both ways! I don't want good stuff set aside to turn crappy later on!
I'm going to experiment and put away some kratom that works well for me now, like I stash a few bottles of my favorite pinot noir, and check back on it in spring 2020 and see how it affects me.
Will makes some good points. We all know kratom is not a uniform experience for everyone and what works for some doesn't work for others.
I wish there was more scientific evidence on how and why and when kratom works - and doesn't. Unfortunately, if those kind of big studies were being done it would mean big pharma was doing them.
I'm going to experiment and put away some kratom that works well for me now, like I stash a few bottles of my favorite pinot noir, and check back on it in spring 2020 and see how it affects me.
Will makes some good points. We all know kratom is not a uniform experience for everyone and what works for some doesn't work for others.
I wish there was more scientific evidence on how and why and when kratom works - and doesn't. Unfortunately, if those kind of big studies were being done it would mean big pharma was doing them.
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
You're going to make a few time capsules, eh lemon? 
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
Kratom doesn't go bad, its over consumption and not enough time in between before next dose, does it make kratom weaker? or is it just tolerance got to high? I tell everyone full 3 days or at least 24 hours even thats not enought, 2 days you would feel for sure if it bunk or not, but giving it a week will be 100% able to tell if your kratom does anything..
Kratom user since 2014!
-
demafrost
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
Sorry to bump this old post but I'm just so confused as to why this is a thing. I wish I understood why this happens..
A couple of weeks ago I had a new yellow strain for the first time after reading great reviews...I got absolutely nothing from this beyond a very light (and actually mildly) unpleasant body buzz. Normally I wait 2-3 days between doses but I felt like I got robbed of a kratom day and all I had around was that same yellow strain. So I said what the hell and took it and got probably one of my best 2-3 burns of the last year. It was amazing. I still had probably 100g left of it and every single time I've tried it since then its been mediocre at best.
It's super frustrating being an occasional user because you don't want to waste a kratom day on something that hasn't worked for you in the past, but I have about 10-12 strains that have been pushed aside after they didnt work for me once, and part of me wants to pick them up and try again, but the other part doesn't want to have a shitty experience again. Wish I knew why this happens so that I could have a little more confidence that trying these strains again could have a much better effect.
A couple of weeks ago I had a new yellow strain for the first time after reading great reviews...I got absolutely nothing from this beyond a very light (and actually mildly) unpleasant body buzz. Normally I wait 2-3 days between doses but I felt like I got robbed of a kratom day and all I had around was that same yellow strain. So I said what the hell and took it and got probably one of my best 2-3 burns of the last year. It was amazing. I still had probably 100g left of it and every single time I've tried it since then its been mediocre at best.
It's super frustrating being an occasional user because you don't want to waste a kratom day on something that hasn't worked for you in the past, but I have about 10-12 strains that have been pushed aside after they didnt work for me once, and part of me wants to pick them up and try again, but the other part doesn't want to have a shitty experience again. Wish I knew why this happens so that I could have a little more confidence that trying these strains again could have a much better effect.
-
Luk3
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:46 pm
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
I have noticed that occasionally when using a new vendor or variety my body needs to “adjust” to the type. This has happened with almost every vendor I have tried. There are many that I didn’t like at first, or even more uses, but if I keep trying they turn out to be some of my favorites. It’s a strange plant..
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
L-Arganine, Agmantine, Tumeric, and i bet a lot more stuff we dont know that makes kratom not work. But all these things lower tolerance like crazy fast when kratom is not taken.... I bet a lot eat certain stuff or drink something that makes kratom not work as good. All this needs to be considered, and if it alot it doesnt work then change diet and take a break while your at it, least 1-2 days off. I am sure there is kratom like .4 mitra in it. you can still feel it but you have to consume a lot more podwer i assume. Thats why good kratom is always better results with me, i always feel even if left for 3-5 years still same good ol kratom. Also the once i didnt like is still shit. But again if you know you didnt take a T break for a while, you have no place to judge your new kratom with confidence and then decide it shit, most likely it you the shit for not taking a break in a long time. just something to think about. Always give it 3 time try with some breaks in between to be sure your kratom is bunk? decent? good?
Kratom user since 2014!
-
demafrost
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm
Re: Don't throw away that crap kratom just yet
Yeah but a lot of the things that might not make kratom work as well, like having recently eaten a big meal seem to just give me diluted effects. When I find a bad strain, its basically like no effects, just a fairly unpleasant body buzz, absolutely 0 mood lift..it basically feels like I've taken nothing at all. That's what this yellow strain felt like and then the next day it had substantial effects.brave777 wrote:L-Arganine, Agmantine, Tumeric, and i bet a lot more stuff we dont know that makes kratom not work. But all these things lower tolerance like crazy fast when kratom is not taken.... I bet a lot eat certain stuff or drink something that makes kratom not work as good. All this needs to be considered, and if it alot it doesnt work then change diet and take a break while your at it, least 1-2 days off. I am sure there is kratom like .4 mitra in it. you can still feel it but you have to consume a lot more podwer i assume. Thats why good kratom is always better results with me, i always feel even if left for 3-5 years still same good ol kratom. Also the once i didnt like is still shit. But again if you know you didnt take a T break for a while, you have no place to judge your new kratom with confidence and then decide it shit, most likely it you the shit for not taking a break in a long time. just something to think about. Always give it 3 time try with some breaks in between to be sure your kratom is bunk? decent? good?
I don't take kratom daily so I don't think tolerance comes into play when evaluating new strains