Making extract question

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Bestboy143
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Making extract question

Post by Bestboy143 »

I have about a kilo of different strains and veins from Gaia and they are all absolute shit. Mostly negative side effects without positive. White, red, green whatever... anyway i got kilos of decent to great kratom from different vendors and Im never touching the gaia stuff again.
My question is do you guys think it's worth dumping the kilo or more into a large pot and try boiling down a few times to make an extract? Anyone have experience making extracts with low quality leaf? I'd really hate to just throw it away.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Making extract question

Post by BallzDeep9 »

I'm never touching the Gaia stuff again.
Right on. Do not support vendors who obviously SELL big loads of bunk leaf! There are TOO many good vendors, many who TEST, and many who TOSS their weak shit .. Gaia was, once, a popular vendor with decent stuff, low prices .. Never again! :x

Unfortunately.. Weak kratom, just makes weak extract. Same with weed, mexican dirt schwag won't make = gold hash or concentrate or resin. STILL its better than tossing it out... I have the same problem.. I think MOST of us, after buying for a couple years.. wind up with some crap leaf. Goes with the territory? :cry:

Personally I'm JUST now making my own extract. The stuff I've bought from Caleb's and elsewhere, is good, but its TIME to jump in & make my own - What I did, was Search Bar on Reddit = at least a dozen extract recipes. Search on Ethanol, search on Tincture, etc. I've got a bottle of 190 proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear type. Let's get started! :D
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Bestboy143
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Re: Making extract question

Post by Bestboy143 »

Lol i'm down with the everclear route. Yea I figured crap leaf wouldn't make good extract, but I was wondering if the process would carry the whole alkaloid profile over or do some of the "background" alkaloids filter out. I never really went the extract route because I always seemed to get wobbles. I guess there's only one way to find out! Will repost when i find out.
Thanks
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Making extract question

Post by herbalhippie »

I make various herbal tinctures and I always thought it was Everclear for resins and 100 proof vodka for dried herbs.
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Making extract question

Post by jabro70 »

Hmmm. I’ve got several kilos of weak leaf in the no-fly zone. Been saving them just because weak leaf is better than no leaf should the DEA decide to schedule it. Maybe it’d be better as extract?
Post Reply