Page 1 of 1

DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm
by Levsauce
Good evening everybody!

I see that DG is now selling what they call commercial grade leaf that is supposedly from the same "farmer." These are going for $40 a kilo at the moment and was wondering if anyone on here had any experiences with the commercial grade leaf options through DG.

If anyone has tried it, even if you do not have much thoughts about them to share, please let me know? i would love to hear from anyone who has ordered one of these kilos.

Thank you for your response in advance & to all on the forum.

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:46 pm
by CatfatherB
Eh, 40 Bucks a kilo? :o That's pretty....cheap :?

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:57 pm
by Levsauce
Not trying to sell for them or provide free advertising, hahaha. I was hoping that someone here has tried some of the commercial batch though. I did order one myself and will report back if no one else is able to chime in on the quality.

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:21 pm
by zeroblackzx
I would be really curious to hear what you think! Please update when you have given it a try!

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:47 pm
by CatfatherB
Levsauce wrote:Not trying to sell for them or provide free advertising, hahaha. I was hoping that someone here has tried some of the commercial batch though. I did order one myself and will report back if no one else is able to chime in on the quality.
:D Now THATS rare!!! You're gonna take one for the team, let us know about this, it can't be worse than some of the stuff out there right now?

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:05 pm
by JerseyBoy
Hmmmm from what I'm seeing is that it's 80 for a kg of the commercial stuff, not 40

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:06 pm
by Levsauce
I went for the red horn. I am happy to at least provide some information on quality. Discounted kilos have never been kind to me.

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 pm
by BallzDeep9
You're gonna take one for the team, let us know about this
yeah TOFTT let us know! :lol: At least he's admitting it's average or worse.

Haha gotta love DG's marketing BS .. I've come to appreciate what he's doing. However .. I keep hearing, from DG customers .. His regular stuff is just meh .. overpriced. Most of 2018.. Some good reviews on recent batches - Then his so-called premiums are way overpriced - He recently jacked up prices on everything - right? During the recent Shipping fiasco when a bunch of vendors raised prices ??

I guess he's responded to MANY complaints, that prices are SO high, it's hard to pay Top Dollar for a bunch of stuff & only 1 is really good. So he's now selling small 15 gram samples? Of course ... By the time you order 5 different 15 gram samples.. Try 'em all.. discover ONE that's really good.. Guess what. Yep. That 1 is Sold Out. Hope you enjoyed your 15 grams. :lol:

ALL that being said .. I do enjoy the DG stuff I've got 2nd hand. Most of what I have, is Fall 2017, it "was" excellent! :ugeek:

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 pm
by labdog03
Good batches and BAD batches. Nobody is immune. Back when he had a better "quality control" process in place, you could order anything and it was GOOD...not so much anymore.

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm
by Levsauce
Hey everyone, thank you all so much for your input and replies. I am at work now and will type a detailed review for everyone on the doublem later on this week.

As a quick update I would like to let everyone know that I have had much worse quality for much more. It is definitely not a bad red strain. Color is mostly green but does have a red tint with a bitter taste.

I will also add that many of the other red strains, the premium Bali in particular, also has this similar bitterness and aroma.

Re: DG Botanicals Commercial Grade

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:21 pm
by Levsauce
So the kilo has become my go to for making capsules or tea due to its bitter taste. Definitely a more speedy than slow red with adequate but not substantial pain relief.