Page 1 of 1
Recommendations Please
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 pm
by Bunnyferrari
My husband and I have been using Kratom for a few months. We started with Maeng Da and have experimented with a couple other strains but like the effects of the MD the best. We both work very physically demanding jobs and also suffer from chronic pain. It seems that MD has a great blend of pain relieving and
energizing characteristics but also a little mood lifting. Can anyone recommend a strain or strains or even a combination of strains that may offer similar results? Also please recommend a vendor. Thanks community!
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:24 am
by BallzDeep9
Welcome bunnyferrari! I'd recommend Botanical
Bunny, but they're temporary down I guess? Really there's lots of online vendors. We used to do a Vendor List on Reddit - as you probably know, kratom gets banned and has problems w/ payments etc etc. Facebook has banned kratom.. On and on
This
Vendor List is Reddit format. Might help to look around, find 1 located in your neck of the woods.. Click on the strain names there, to open "hidden" kratom page on website (Many vendors "hide" their kratom.) Anyway... someone asked about EC Botanicals. They're in NC. They're on the Vendor List. Sure they carry Maeng Da, everybody does.. point I'm trying to make, lol, many vendors carry the same product from the same Indo suppliers. Shop around, good luck!

Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:40 pm
by Bunnyferrari
Okay thanks. Appreciate the bunny love

I had looked into Botanical Bunny before but have not yet ordered from them. Anyway I guess more specifically what I am asking is what strain would someone recommend that will give similar effects to MD. I am trying to avoid a tolerance so I want to switch it up for a bit. Then maybe based off that recommendation who should I shop with?
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm
by herbalhippie
Bunnyferrari wrote:Okay thanks. Appreciate the bunny love

I had looked into Botanical Bunny before but have not yet ordered from them. Anyway I guess more specifically what I am asking is what strain would someone recommend that will give similar effects to MD. I am trying to avoid a tolerance so I want to switch it up for a bit. Then maybe based off that recommendation who should I shop with?
Remember that one vendor's MD very well could be totally different from another vendor's MD, so you could use them both.
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 pm
by plumplump
if you are looking for motivating, energy strains, most people report getting those results from greens and whites. your best bet is to find a few vendors that have either sample packs or 1 oz size bags available, order a bunch of those and see what works for you. Kratom, it seems, is difficult to make recommendations because it works differently for different people. what may be the best batch/strain in the world for one person might not do anything, or be unpleasant for the next person.
ec botanicals mentioned above, have a few really good values (bang for your buck as far as the amount of kratom you get) sample wise. there site is down for today as they are doing some revamping or something, but when its back up you will find you can get 6 different strains, 60 grams each, for around 40 bucks. (i cant remember the exact price, but its between 35-45) thats what i did when i first bought online i got the six strain sampler and then another 3 strain sampler so i had 9 strains to try out for around 70 bucks or so.
liza's is very popular on this forum, and has ounce size bags for good prices ($5) and is an absolute sweetheart and has some of the best costumer service of anybody selling anything on the internet. she seems to be known for her greens.
these are the two that i can recommend from personal experience. the only other vendor i have tried worked ok for me, but a lot of people are unhappy with them at the moment, so i can't recommend them based on that.
for me, and again this is why its hard to make recommendations, but for me personally it goes like this:
GREEN- heavier feeling energy, moderate pain relief, good for anxiety, occasional mood lift (favorite: green nanga from liza's)
WHITE- crisp, clear energy, nothing for pain, not much for anxiety, more than occasional mood lift. (favorite: white big bang, liza's)
RED- sedating mostly with the rare exceptions, good for pain (the batch of red hulu i have from ec is mindblowing in this regard) decent mood lift, warm and fuzzy.
YELLOW/GOLD- im still trying to figure this out.
keep in mind you can blend strains. like adding the red hulu i mentioned to a green gets me energized and pain free.
hope this helps. samples are where its at.
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 pm
by plumplump
also a nice resource in this forum is the daily review thread. maybe start 3 pages back and read through, you will get a lot of up to date mini reviews. keep in mind that as vendors get new stock, the potency and quality can change, what was the best batch of a certain strain last time can end up being a bit of a turd on the next restock. again, thats why its difficult to just flat out recommend something. but most vendors will provide you with batch numbers, and most people on this forum will be happy to let you know exactly which batch they are reviewing, if you ask.
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm
by CatfatherB
plumplump wrote:also a nice resource in this forum is the daily review thread. maybe start 3 pages back and read through, you will get a lot of up to date mini reviews. keep in mind that as vendors get new stock, the potency and quality can change, what was the best batch of a certain strain last time can end up being a bit of a turd on the next restock. again, thats why its difficult to just flat out recommend something. but most vendors will provide you with batch numbers, and most people on this forum will be happy to let you know exactly which batch they are reviewing, if you ask.
Along the lines of what you said, the "what are you burning thread" by Ballz has mini- reviews of batches that people are taking. I saw a lot of people mixing white Big Bang so I decided to buy it just to mix stuff with,

Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 pm
by Tyler
For a slow relaxing strain, I'd recommend SOSA Red Bali. I've been using it the last few weeks after work and it's good clean effect that won't put you to sleep. The powder is darker green in color and not brown/red from fermentation like most of the other red bali's I've had. One of my new favs.
For a general purpose strain, Green Asia from KOG always works for me. Soon as KOG starts taking new orders I'm getting a larger bag.
Gold Banjo from KOG is also good (its good mixed with faster strains to balance them out)
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:10 pm
by Bunnyferrari
Wow. I really appreciate all the guidance and as I am figuring out... there is no science to this remarkable plant. I have read and read and have only slightly cleared the mud of information. I have previously ordered from Liza’s and found her to be of good quality with great service. She gave recommendations when I emailed her and also sent a sample for free with my order. Wanting to try a new vendor this time, I placed an order with RVA. I have a split kilo on the way of PMD, Wild green and White Big Bang. I will update and let you guys know what I think. I am still looking for a good red for bedtime. I need something to knock out my pain and help me sleep but not give me any grog after 4 hours. Sometimes that’s all the sleep I get on work days. So glad I found this forum and thank you all again.
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 pm
by Tyler
Bunnyferrari wrote:Wow. I really appreciate all the guidance and as I am figuring out... there is no science to this remarkable plant. I have read and read and have only slightly cleared the mud of information. I have previously ordered from Liza’s and found her to be of good quality with great service. She gave recommendations when I emailed her and also sent a sample for free with my order. Wanting to try a new vendor this time, I placed an order with RVA. I have a split kilo on the way of PMD, Wild green and White Big Bang. I will update and let you guys know what I think. I am still looking for a good red for bedtime. I need something to knock out my pain and help me sleep but not give me any grog after 4 hours. Sometimes that’s all the sleep I get on work days. So glad I found this forum and thank you all again.
For knocking out pain and to helping sleep my go to's are KOG Red Bali, SOSA Red Bali, Botanical Bunny Red Banjar, SOSA Red Sunda (in that order)
Pretty sure you'd be happy with any of them
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 pm
by Pete2000
I like Smiley Time Herbals' Red Aceh. Good combo of mood lift and pain relief, plus a little sedation. His prices are reasonable and does custom splits and free shipping.
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm
by Bigblind
I've been using kratom for years before you even heard of it on YouTube and it was a science fiction planet on Google lol and like said in other post most of the vendors on the list are not working for me.I dont use kratom for fun or so called euphoric reasons. Point being in the past alot of these vendors have had good strains but not working for my crippling pain except KOG,and the Greenery...you really just need to get some samples and see what helps like the other good people on this forum said. I hope you find one and when you do talk to the vendors about you stocking up on that exact batch # Because they dont stay in stock long! Pretty much all these vendors will take the time to talk to you and help you choose.
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm
by Bunnyferrari
Got my order from RVA and it is the best quality Kratom of any we have tried thus far. We have placed a second order for more PMD and Wild Green. Also giving the red Bali a try for the evenings. Very happy with the speed of delivery and good quality. Thanks to all for your feedback.
Re: Recommendations Please
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:26 pm
by Oletimer
Strains that r effective for pain, with energy for me are sumatra, red and white,,,,I feel that they have longer legs, ,hope this helps
