One good strain ruins the stash?
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
One good strain ruins the stash?
So ever since I got into premium maeng da (except lot 12 which I don't feel at all) it seems like nothing does the trick anymore. Anyone experience something like this?
Anything "slow" I don't feel very much of anymore, although I hear with reds you need to up dose, too scared of wobbles to try, as well as raising tolerance.
Anything "slow" I don't feel very much of anymore, although I hear with reds you need to up dose, too scared of wobbles to try, as well as raising tolerance.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
Take a tolerance break. That’s what I do when I just don’t feel it anymore. You’d be surprised how good most strains are after 72 hours without any.
Also, for what it’s worth, I’ve never gotten the wobbles from red strains. Only from greens and whites. Of course it’s different for everyone, but it may ease your mind a bit.
Also, for what it’s worth, I’ve never gotten the wobbles from red strains. Only from greens and whites. Of course it’s different for everyone, but it may ease your mind a bit.
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
Kurtis!
I agree with e_poison
Take a break!
This is your body telling you your tolerance has risen and either you increase your dosage or you take a 3-5 day break.
If that scares you like some, try buying some Stem & Vein.
Ive heard Hirsuta helps as well but have not tried that one personally.
I hear ya I do. Im not feeling what I’d like to feel and I’ve been pretty depressed lately.
The reality is we all would love to keep taking strains at our normal dose without any hiccups but eventually we just need to refresh our system and let it rest (even if its just 1 day, or 2 days) space out your doses and don’t take that extra dose before bed or during the afternoon unless you Need it!*
It can be done if you follow what others say.
And for the “Wobbles” there is no need to be afraid.
I understand why it is a concern. Its good to be aware and cautious, but it’s not something that’s painful or detrimental it is fairly minor and for me I rarely get nauseous.
Whenever I get the Wobbles I just get sleepy tbh!
My vision cannot focus on things and it’s almost like, “an opiate nod”. My eyes go crossed eyed and I feel like im falling asleep.
There may be some nausea but it isn’t something to be alarmed about.
Pepto bismol, ginger, Ginger Chews help a lot!
Fairly cheap on Amazon and you can get a big bag of them. Little candies kind of but actually healthier!
I get the Wobbles at least twice every single week hahah not kidding and most times at work!
Eat something,
Drink Water,
Lay OFF the caffeine or excessive amounts of it.
I take A Lot of Fast Strains and since I move around a lot at work I was consuming energy drinks on top of my kratom doses and it worked great. At least until I started to get the wobbles.
Nothing to panic over just had to stay awake!

Good Luck!
I agree with e_poison
Take a break!
This is your body telling you your tolerance has risen and either you increase your dosage or you take a 3-5 day break.
If that scares you like some, try buying some Stem & Vein.
Ive heard Hirsuta helps as well but have not tried that one personally.
I hear ya I do. Im not feeling what I’d like to feel and I’ve been pretty depressed lately.
The reality is we all would love to keep taking strains at our normal dose without any hiccups but eventually we just need to refresh our system and let it rest (even if its just 1 day, or 2 days) space out your doses and don’t take that extra dose before bed or during the afternoon unless you Need it!*
It can be done if you follow what others say.
And for the “Wobbles” there is no need to be afraid.
I understand why it is a concern. Its good to be aware and cautious, but it’s not something that’s painful or detrimental it is fairly minor and for me I rarely get nauseous.
Whenever I get the Wobbles I just get sleepy tbh!
My vision cannot focus on things and it’s almost like, “an opiate nod”. My eyes go crossed eyed and I feel like im falling asleep.
There may be some nausea but it isn’t something to be alarmed about.
Pepto bismol, ginger, Ginger Chews help a lot!
Fairly cheap on Amazon and you can get a big bag of them. Little candies kind of but actually healthier!
I get the Wobbles at least twice every single week hahah not kidding and most times at work!
Eat something,
Drink Water,
Lay OFF the caffeine or excessive amounts of it.
I take A Lot of Fast Strains and since I move around a lot at work I was consuming energy drinks on top of my kratom doses and it worked great. At least until I started to get the wobbles.
Nothing to panic over just had to stay awake!
Good Luck!
- Payshince
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
Payshince, i agree with that said. Little things go long way to help. Ginger chews been a life saver many times.Payshince wrote: Pepto bismol, ginger, Ginger Chews help a lot!
If you took kratom everyday and you have a sense you forgetting how kratom suppose to feel like then it means 100% break time. like posion said 72 break works, i do 2 oe 3 days breaks and most kratom is like new. You must of had one batch that was mixed with 3 colors like full spectrum, that can mess up all tolerance for all kratom. Thats why i try to do blends rarely. Cause white get up in the morning is nice while Red is nicer when you chill at the end of the day. If you do Christmas blends, 50% white and 50% red, then most likely at the end of the day reds will be less potent. You can always take 30+ min hot water baths morning and nights on your break times, it will help with bone and pain in general. Drink up herbal teas, I literally mean almost any herbal teas!!! Peppermint, chamomiles, Linden flower, passion fruit, you name it, even green tea!! I get all mine loose leaf and simmer or put hot water over it and wait 10 min. Never get junk green tea from vendor machines, that crap should not be called green tea. Make it your self. All those herbal tea's help improve WD's and well being, especially when taking breaks. Guayusa leaf is awesome for taking kratom breaks, do like 4 big table spoons and simmer it in a pot for 15 min, make it extra potent. Guayusa and hot baths take care most of the problems.. thats what has been working for me. Good luck.
Kratom user since 2014!
- ScottyK
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
- Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
I took a 4 day break(not by choice) and then took a larger(8 gram) dose and it kicked me right in my shit.
skip a day or 2 and see.
skip a day or 2 and see.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
thanks for the input!
i know i need to take a break, but probably will just cut doses in half for a while since that has always worked in the past. really dont feel like being worthless at work and getting yelled at for not moving quick enough haha
i should mention that my doses arent insanely large just 3.2 - 3.5grams 4 times a day. and i havent gotten wobbles since cutting my doses from 7g 5 times a day. so im not like megadosing or anything, and i can still feel my pmd and sometimes the gold md as well as the yellow. its just anything else just has no effect at all. so either i have really poor quality kratom or the pmd is just really that good.
i know i need to take a break, but probably will just cut doses in half for a while since that has always worked in the past. really dont feel like being worthless at work and getting yelled at for not moving quick enough haha
i should mention that my doses arent insanely large just 3.2 - 3.5grams 4 times a day. and i havent gotten wobbles since cutting my doses from 7g 5 times a day. so im not like megadosing or anything, and i can still feel my pmd and sometimes the gold md as well as the yellow. its just anything else just has no effect at all. so either i have really poor quality kratom or the pmd is just really that good.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
You are right, like green #3 , i felt it at 3grams dosing second time, first time was 6 grams and i had to go lay down, was a bit strong for me. while some are felt at 3 or 4 grams, thats why i dose 6 grams each time to find out the potency. but if i find it a bit strong i cut it to 3 grams. Weak onces are not weak , regular dose should be around 6 grams to feel any strain and if you are not feeling it at 6 grams then their is something terribly wrong with that specific batch. I also noticed if blended, dose needs to be increased or could be somewhat a waste especially if you have tolerance built up. like if you been doing 4grams any strain then needs to be dropped by one gram, like 3g red and 3 gram white, thats six grams total instead regular 4 grams. If 2g red and 2g white then you might run into chances of not feeling it. since its 2 different spectrum's and low amount taken. Just what i think playing around with it. I been increasing a dose and dose more often, until i get my tooth nerve taken out, i can still feel it on a brain and ear but it is felt very dulled. I cant imagine how painful it would be with out the tool help.KurtisCards wrote:thanks for the input!
i know i need to take a break, but probably will just cut doses in half for a while since that has always worked in the past. really dont feel like being worthless at work and getting yelled at for not moving quick enough haha
i should mention that my doses arent insanely large just 3.2 - 3.5grams 4 times a day. and i havent gotten wobbles since cutting my doses from 7g 5 times a day. so im not like megadosing or anything, and i can still feel my pmd and sometimes the gold md as well as the yellow. its just anything else just has no effect at all. so either i have really poor quality kratom or the pmd is just really that good.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
6 grams!?!?
Woah, that seems like a lot.
I’m not judging
Everyones diff
But that dose Will add UP esp. if you take that dose multiple times a day!
Have you tried cutting your dose down to 4.00-4.50g each time?
I have never done a 6gram dose, ever.
Ive been using Kray for 9months.
I personally have fluctuated from 2.50g - 4.00g
Sometimes 4 sometimes 2.5
When I first started using Kray daily I of course was using 2.5g and that was perfect
Then 4.00
And now 3.5
Although,
There are Soo many factors!
Is it used for Pain?
Mood?
Anxiety?
Depression?
Energy?
Focus?
Sleep?
I need to increase my dose by 0.50g each time (on average) when I use a Red vein so...
I more times than not will use Kray for Mood and Energy and my 3.5g dose is typically My Sweet Spot.

Woah, that seems like a lot.
I’m not judging
Everyones diff
But that dose Will add UP esp. if you take that dose multiple times a day!
Have you tried cutting your dose down to 4.00-4.50g each time?
I have never done a 6gram dose, ever.
Ive been using Kray for 9months.
I personally have fluctuated from 2.50g - 4.00g
Sometimes 4 sometimes 2.5
When I first started using Kray daily I of course was using 2.5g and that was perfect
Then 4.00
And now 3.5
Although,
There are Soo many factors!
Is it used for Pain?
Mood?
Anxiety?
Depression?
Energy?
Focus?
Sleep?
I need to increase my dose by 0.50g each time (on average) when I use a Red vein so...
I more times than not will use Kray for Mood and Energy and my 3.5g dose is typically My Sweet Spot.
- Payshince
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: One good strain ruins the stash?
i have also found 3.5g to be my sweet spot for most blends i do.
if i take 3.5g of a single strain, i either cant feel it, or it makes me feel like crap haha
if i take 3.5g of a single strain, i either cant feel it, or it makes me feel like crap haha