Taking Breaks- Help for a semi-noob

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
JMerisaC
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:49 am

Taking Breaks- Help for a semi-noob

Post by JMerisaC »

Hi all, this is my first post as I’ve mainly used the site for vendor/strain reviews. I’ve been using kratom for one year mainly for back pain and secondarily adhd/anxiety. I started small but have progressed to 15gs a day. I’ve gotten a couple great batches from Smiley and found myself jumping from my standard 3g morning burn (white/green) and 5g evening burn (red/green) to now topping out at around 3 burns a day (15-17g) and not feeling that great by the time night comes around.

Not only has my tolerance been affected (even though I switch strains/blends daily) but I now find myself unable to stretch my burns out and I wake feeling like crap and feel the need to burn right away. Over the last 6 months I’ve been trying to take a 24-36 hour break every 1-2 weeks but those days are hell and my body feels weak and muscles and bones ache.

Are there any alternatives to turn to on the days off or after a day of heavy use? Is there anything else I should be considering to get out of this rut? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Taking Breaks- Help for a semi-noob

Post by plumplump »

describe what you mean by "hell" on your off days. it seems everyones withdrawal symptoms are different.

as for what you could do: the only thing i would recommend is a very gradual taper. lower each dose by half a gram a day for however many days it takes to get down to say, .5 grams a dose. then take three days off, then when you start back up, stay low, even if you think you want more. the problem i tend to run into is if i don't get a noticeable mood boost, or a little of that "glow" or whatever you wanna call it, i think i haven't taken enough to help for the things i am actually taking it for, which are anxiety and ibs relief. so i dose more. im recomending a gradual taper to you, but i find that if i am honest with myself i can easily go from 6 grams a dose, (which is as large of a dose as i ever take, and much to large a dose in my personal opinion.) down to 2 grams without feeling negative withdrawals. i dont get that glow, but its easy to taper from 2 grams to none quickly. you can reduce every two days at that pint and be down to none in less than a week.

i guess what i am getting at is personally sometimes if i don't get the euphoria then im not getting what i need, but if i am honest i think that just comes from liking the euphoria, and the kratom is working for the problems i have whether i get that or not. i obviously cant speak for anyone else in that regard.

also, when tapering, i find that cbd oil helps as does having a couple beers or a glass of wine. or smoke a joint if thats something you are into.
JMerisaC
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:49 am

Re: Taking Breaks- Help for a semi-noob

Post by JMerisaC »

Thanks, that’s very helpful. I, too chase the euphoric feeling, but the taper makes a lot of sense.

By “hell” I mean extremely tired (could sleep all day if that was a possibility), body aches galore, and anxiety.
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Taking Breaks- Help for a semi-noob

Post by plumplump »

JMerisaC wrote:Thanks, that’s very helpful. I, too chase the euphoric feeling, but the taper makes a lot of sense.

By “hell” I mean extremely tired (could sleep all day if that was a possibility), body aches galore, and anxiety.
its crazy how differently kratom effects people, and how different the withdrawal symtoms are as well. and even weirder still is how withdrawal can differ each time for the same person! ive had times where i take a tolerence break and have no withdrawal what so ever. and then times where its purely physical, and then other times when its all anxiety. nutzoid!
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Taking Breaks- Help for a semi-noob

Post by FireK »

I agree with tapering and CBD helps. Look into hirsuta, javanica and stem and vein to help with dose replacement and tapering. In the STH for Noob thread mr smiley touches on hirsuta, his original is excellent and he now has a premium ive heard good things about.
Post Reply