Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V etc.

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V etc.

Post by swablero »

I\ve noticed in the online Kratom universe that many experienced users are adding some variety of hirsute or cat's claw or Stem and Vein to enhance their normal dose. Was wondering if anyone can speak to that phenomenon or has a similar interest. I'm always looking for ways to enhance or modify the journey. Thanks in advance :D

Mitragyna Hirsuta : a close family of Kratom, it contains high amounts of Mitraphylline, the active compound of M. hirsute. It has an opiate-like effect on the brain. This is the reason why it is often substituted for Kratom in some recipes and preparations.

Mitragyna Hirsuta also offers opiate-like effects that can help regulate blood pressure and provide oxygen to different parts of the body.


It lacks mitragynine & 7-OH-mitragynine but has a good amount of mitraphylline. Basically, it doesn't really have a "high" or anything of that sort. However, it's just good enough to block out the negatives of Kratom wd. I used to have to taper my use when my tolerance is too high, but now I just use hirsuta on my kratom off days to help. I don't see many people posting about kratoms sibling (or cousin? idk) but I feel like many people can benefit from it here. Not too many kratom places sell it as it's not super well known, but it's out there it isn't to hard or expensive to get from what I've seen.

Mitragyna Hirsuta: Another relative of the kratom plant.
• Pros: Seems to be stimulating and pain relieving almost as well as kratom.
• Cons: Little to no euphoria, sedation. Higher doses needed makes it pretty uneconomical, especially as it is only available at high prices to begin with.


https://epickratom.com/mitragyna-hirsuta/
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by FireK »

Yes ive implemented all except cats claw...I also use javanica along with or in place of a dose(serving lol). Some say s/v extends duration. I use hirsuta to replace a dose every few days.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by swablero »

FireK wrote:Yes ive implemented all except cats claw...I also use javanica along with or in place of a dose(serving lol). Some say s/v extends duration. I use hirsuta to replace a dose every few days.
Hey FireK You find it effective and worth the trouble. I just ordered some hirsuta> Thanks
Stimie
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by Stimie »

.......
Last edited by Stimie on Sat May 11, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by swablero »

Stimie wrote:Cat's claw which I use (and is in the same family as the Kratom, and Coffee trees) is listed in the FDA Poisonous Plant Database...go figure...

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ ... m?id=26107
Do you find Cat's Claw effective Stimie? Ive ordered some of these substances from STH and am looking forward to giving them a try. Considering I use the leaf 3 times a day every day anything that can potentiate and enhance my dose is welcome. Just a few bucks to try, :lol:
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by FireK »

swablero wrote:
FireK wrote:Yes ive implemented all except cats claw...I also use javanica along with or in place of a dose(serving lol). Some say s/v extends duration. I use hirsuta to replace a dose every few days.
Hey FireK You find it effective and worth the trouble. I just ordered some hirsuta> Thanks
Yes sir smileys reg and prem hirsute are great to use in place of a dose. I add about a gram of S/V to a dose or two a day to cut back a bit and it does seem to extend duration!
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by swablero »

FireK wrote:
swablero wrote:
FireK wrote:Yes ive implemented all except cats claw...I also use javanica along with or in place of a dose(serving lol). Some say s/v extends duration. I use hirsuta to replace a dose every few days.
Hey FireK You find it effective and worth the trouble. I just ordered some hirsuta> Thanks
Yes sir smileys reg and prem hirsute are great to use in place of a dose. I add about a gram of S/V to a dose or two a day to cut back a bit and it does seem to extend duration!
@FireK Funny I just ordered both of them from Smiley today. Gonna give it a try. Turn over a new leaf as it were. Thanks for the advice! :mrgreen:
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by beathappening »

I'm just starting to use agmatine to cut back/keep my tolerance in check. I've heard it's pretty effective. Some also use it as a potentiator
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by swablero »

beathappening wrote:I'm just starting to use agmatine to cut back/keep my tolerance in check. I've heard it's pretty effective. Some also use it as a potentiator
Ive heard it limits the mood lifting quality of the leaf and im not sure if it was a self fulling prophecy for me but that was my own experience. :oops:
g0ldl10n
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by g0ldl10n »

Just placed an order with Smiley and he was kind enough to throw in a sample of Hirsuta for me. Looking forward to trying that, it has me very curious.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by BallzDeep9 »

beathappening wrote:I'm just starting to use agmatine to cut back/keep my tolerance in check. I've heard it's pretty effective.
Bingo. ALL of these are different, but Agmatine Sulfate has the most proven history, for re-setting tolerance and lowering dose.. There's a LOT of info on Reddit.. this Tolerance Guide was done, just over a year ago and there's NO mention of Cats Claw or Hirsuta...

I know we all came here, to get away from Reddit - But there's 5+ Years and 70,000 kratomites there, only around ? 200 here for 1 year. Reddit IS still the Knowledge Base for kratom, based on # of users.

Seems like, Those who use kratom for Pain Relief / will love Agmatine and find it's very helpful! Otherwise, and I'm in the other camp.. It does help, but personally I can only handle LOW dose Agmatine, only 200 mg.. higher amounts I get a headache :x Agmatine Primer

Nobody EVEN said much about Hirsuta , until maybe 6 months ago, when a few Indo suppliers wanted to make a buck, and a few US Vendors wanted to make a buck.... Has little to NO effects. At least that's what 5+ years and many people say, after trying it.

Found a good one from Kelly (Leaf Of Faith) QUOTE: Hirsuta is high in 1 alkaloid, Mitraphylline and does not have mitragynine or most of the other alkaloids. You guys talk about it like it's some mystical unicorn when the most likely use for this plant will be as a decorative house plant. :lol:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
g0ldl10n
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by g0ldl10n »

BallzDeep9 wrote: Found a good one from Kelly (Leaf Of Faith) QUOTE: Hirsuta is high in 1 alkaloid, Mitraphylline and does not have mitragynine or most of the other alkaloids. You guys talk about it like it's some mystical unicorn when the most likely use for this plant will be as a decorative house plant. :lol:
Well, if Hirsuta doesn't have any mitragynine or other Kratom alkaloids, then for the people that do report it being a good replacement dose, I would say it would be very effective at lowering tolerance just because of that fact.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by swablero »

[quote="BallzDeep9"Hirsuta is high in 1 alkaloid, Mitraphylline and does not have mitragynine or most of the other alkaloids. You guys talk about it like it's some mystical unicorn when the most likely use for this plant will be as a decorative house plant. [/color] :lol:[/quote]

Oh well Ballz' post kind of eliminates the optimistic possiblity of any placebo effect when taking Hirsuta, lol. But since I ordered it I'll give it a try for myself. Some do finf it useful, for example, https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... na_hirsuta/ I do get headaches from agmantine as well and never had much luck with it. Never enjoyed the space kratom put be in when accompanied by agmantine.
kynnaandgunther
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 am

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by kynnaandgunther »

Been on agmatine sulfate for almost a month and not helping.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Cutting "dose" with Mitragyna Hirsuta, cat's claw, S&V e

Post by Payshince »

Why a month?

Alone or with your doses
- Payshince
Post Reply