Page 1 of 1
Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:07 pm
by beathappening
So I have plenty of spare time. I was reading methods on doing a water based extraction that results in a resin, and it doesn't seem terribly hard and could even be fun. Time consuming but more or less following a cooking recipe. Not sure about alcohol extraction methods.
Has anyone tried this? Is it worth it?
I think I'd want to make it 5x at the minimum. The guide online I read is for 3x, but you can do more if you use more water.
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:04 pm
by g0ldl10n
I'd be very interested in this as well. I've got plenty of leaf I'd rather see made into extract, actually.
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 pm
by BallzDeep9
Oh man.... I started my
Home Extract Project, like over a month ago. Thanks for the reminder.....
I've had a quart Mason Jar sitting in the fridge, full of kratom and Everclear .. gotta do Stage 2 (wring out & make Tincture) this weekend! I'll post here on my progress.

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:05 am
by KurtisCards
i tried making a extract once, pretty sure i burned it and its useless.
tried it once and didnt notice anything.
started out with 50g and ended up with about 3.5 so im pretty sure i just burned it all away haha
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:55 pm
by beathappening
BallzDeep9 wrote:Oh man.... I started my
Home Extract Project, like over a month ago. Thanks for the reminder.....
I've had a quart Mason Jar sitting in the fridge, full of kratom and Everclear .. gotta do Stage 2 (wring out & make Tincture) this weekend! I'll post here on my progress.

Yeah please do. What kind of alcohol extraction are you doing? How strong is it supposed to be? Seems like alcohol would be more efficient than water.
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:10 pm
by BallzDeep9
beathappening wrote:What kind of alcohol extraction are you doing? How strong is it supposed to be? Seems like alcohol would be more efficient than water.
There's TONS of recipe's on Reddit and around the internet... Search:
Extract Tek on r/kratom.. I did a lot of work reviewing & putting together a recipe.. Got some helpful tips.. But I have zero experience! So I got no idea if its any good yet

Yes I'm using Clear Springs
190 proof Grain Alcohol, (cheaper than Everclear), very clean.. I'd recommend to ignore the Tek's that recommend Isopropyl. I'm also not interested in Lab stuff like Toluene extraction, for pure alks.. I'll leave that for the Meth cooks

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 pm
by GrannyJ62
I have made a tincture with Apple cider vinegar in a mason jar pretty much like balls said except for I just put it back in the cupboard for 6 weeks just shook it up and made sure the vinegar was above the kratom left it alone except for a check every once in a awhile Id give it a shake its pretty good I just use a dropper instead of a gram of tea its very comparable to Lizas tinture I bought.Its really good to have for if your on the go.I did it with The vinegar cause I dont like alcohol.I thought I got the ideal here but it must have been pn line..I just used a t shirt to strain.
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm
by ®eddit®efugee
I've tried twice that I can recall. Both times it just didn't work for me. How do people get those lovely dark crystals? I may just stick to trying to make a resin.
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:52 pm
by Feerndad
®eddit®efugee wrote:I've tried twice that I can recall. Both times it just didn't work for me. How do people get those lovely dark crystals? I may just stick to trying to make a resin.
I've also screwed up somehow with my extraction. Made from good kratom but the end product was basically non-active.
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 pm
by trigger
BallzDeep9 wrote:beathappening wrote:What kind of alcohol extraction are you doing? How strong is it supposed to be? Seems like alcohol would be more efficient than water.
There's TONS of recipe's on Reddit and around the internet... Search:
Extract Tek on r/kratom.. I did a lot of work reviewing & putting together a recipe.. Got some helpful tips.. But I have zero experience! So I got no idea if its any good yet

Yes I'm using Clear Springs
190 proof Grain Alcohol, (cheaper than Everclear), very clean.. I'd recommend to ignore the Tek's that recommend Isopropyl. I'm also not interested in Lab stuff like Toluene extraction, for pure alks.. I'll leave that for the Meth cooks

I made some extracts with kratom that didn't do much for me last year by boiling a shitload of leaf in water for hours until it got thick and then straining it in cheesecloth and then boiling down the remaining liquid until it was thick again and then pouring it onto a pyrex and baking it until it was dried... then I used a paint scraper and a magic bullet to turn it into powder. It was a fucking mess and a half, but I ended up with a decent amount of "extract" that I used half a gram of in my normal dose for several months. I don't know if it actually worked or if I just thought it did.
I have some everclear that I am not using for anything else - should I use that next time? ACV?
Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?
Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm
by Bigblind
Ive made it several times love it takes alot of leaf and time you cant get it too hot i just do water no alcohol.