Retail Kratom

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
lemondrop
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Retail Kratom

Post by lemondrop »

I just heard through the neighborhood grapevine that a CBD and "Premium Kratom" retail store will be opening down the street.

It will occupy the space that a marijuana store just vacated. We were wondering when some of the pot stores would start to close.
There are literally dozens within a 50 mile radius and at least 7-8 freestanding stores within walking distance of my house. Jeez, even if EVERYONE ingested marijuana ALL of time, there is more than the market can bear.

So I'll be eager to see what this store has to offer. Will it indeed be "premium" kratom...will it be comparable to online pricing...

I'll report back.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Retail Kratom

Post by beathappening »

My bet is they'll serve up average kratom at a ridiculous markup.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Retail Kratom

Post by BallzDeep9 »

lemondrop wrote:We were wondering when some of the pot stores would start to close.
There are literally dozens within a 50 mile radius and at least 7-8 freestanding stores within walking distance of my house.
Hey are U in my neck of the woods, Oregon, WA state? Exactly, a weed shop on every corner out here. :roll:

Meanwhile Kratom stores are few and far apart.. State Law does not allow Pot merchants to sell ANY other product. No tobacco, booze, nothing.. So the few head-shops NOT licensed for weed, sell kratom.. Here's 1 with a sandwich board on the sidewalk. Sunstone Organics a regional wholesale company, ridiculous HIGH prices, and Salmonella in their shitty kratom. ;)

Image
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
lemondrop
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Retail Kratom

Post by lemondrop »

I AM in your neck of the woods Mr. Deep ;)

I stopped in and visited with these guys yesterday. They are not yet open.

They were very interested in what kind of kratom I like and how much I pay for it now. One of the owners said he was going to be trying his hand at making some in- house extracts and developing recipes that combine CBD and kratom. They also said that a kratom "expert" will be on board later this month who will be stocking for them.

They said that depending on demand and what people want, they'd like to provide it.

I emphasized that if they're just going to be stocking crap like Sunstone, which is at every c-store around here already, that no real kratom enthusiast will be interested at all. I also directed them to this forum to further their education on what consumers want and what our concerns are. Hopefully, they're here now!

So I'm cautiously optimistic.

I mean, why can't there be a wide variety of excellent kratom at decent prices available in a brick and mortar store? As much as I love my favorite online vendors, I'll definitely be loyal and regular customer if they can provide comparable product / prices.
®eddit®efugee
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Retail Kratom

Post by ®eddit®efugee »

Last week I bought headshop kratom for the first time in 3 years (well technically the first time ever since the last and only time was from an apothecary.)

I was bummed to see it was by NJOY (the ecig company) only because I don't want to support any form of bigger businesses who don't seem to have a vested interest in the community. I also did not like that the strain was named "Trainwreck." Much like how dispensaries are trying to distance themselves from some strain names like "green crack" which encourage continued association with unsavory drug dealings, Trainwreck does not seem like it's good for how kratom is perceived.

But anyway, I bought it because it supposedly had extract in it and I didn't want to get burned on kratom that had zero feeling for me. This makes me sound like I'm pounding an ounce a day but really it's 3 grams maybe a couple times a week or less. Though this week now that I have my shipment from DGB I will be going through an excited flurry of testing.

Anyway, it was decently priced: $10.99 for 30 grams. I did not notice any extract flecks and honestly it just came off as a red Hulu kapuas. But at least I didn't get burned like when I bought kratom from a discord vendor and none of it really did anything for me. So at least I got the dishes done and my bedroom cleaned up that day.

I also want to say that I did not like how much of the kratom being sold was in opaque plastic tubs. I know most kratom looks alike but I definitely have my biases and tend to like browner strains rather than bright green.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Retail Kratom

Post by CatfatherB »

I bought a bunch of Njoy kratom in November 2017, kratom wasn't sold to Tennessee back then and there was word that is was going to be banned federally. I drove to the state line in Georgia, stopped at the first gas station I saw and spent waaay too much money, I still have some under my mattress at home. :D
®eddit®efugee
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Retail Kratom

Post by ®eddit®efugee »

How was it?
Post Reply