Page 1 of 1

Kratom Throat Suggestions

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 pm
by Hamsamick
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I searched for it and didn't find anything.

Does anyone else feel like they have Kratom stuck in the back of the throat?
I've been using Kratom for just about 2 years, and recently it feels like it's stuck in the back of my throat.
My girlfriend only uses Kratom occasionally, maybe 3-4 times a month....and she said the same thing last time she used it a week ago.

I'm curious about the cause, as well as looking for a good throat cleaner. :lol:

Maybe it's the vendor, I'm just finishing a 4 way split from Mystic that i wasn't happy with. Maybe it's just from long term use, maybe it's a collection of Kratom hairs. :roll:

I don't toss it, i mix it with that cheap watered down orange drink stuff. I take a teaspoon / 3-4 grams every 5'ish hours.
Searching it online, i see people recommend using lemon water, i'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Kratom Throat Suggestions

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:00 pm
by herbalhippie
Try gargling with warm salt water maybe?

Re: Kratom Throat Suggestions

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:15 pm
by beathappening
herbalhippie wrote:Try gargling with warm salt water maybe?
Beat me to it!

Also, mouthwash might help.

Re: Kratom Throat Suggestions

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:49 am
by KurtisCards
sometimes that happens to me, its usually just a result of getting air in while im chugging, feels like its stuck on my windpipe.

Re: Kratom Throat Suggestions

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:21 pm
by DNA011001
Question, do you feel like it’s down your throat or higher up? Weirdly, I t/w 99% of the time and this just happened to me for the first time like two hours after reading this post. I am not sure if it’s the same, though. It feels like some hit up higher in my throat towards my sinuses. I have done this with other powders (I take supplements and stuff), but it usually becomes seriously inflamed feeling for a while. With the kratom it kind of feels more annoying than consistently painful? I took some gulps of water and let the water hit the back of my throat before swallowing. Then followed the thread advice and gargled. Seems to be much better.

Re: Kratom Throat Suggestions

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:15 pm
by Cj3
KurtisCards wrote:sometimes that happens to me, its usually just a result of getting air in while im chugging, feels like its stuck on my windpipe.
I hate it when this happens! It gives me terrible coughing fits and my eyes and mouth start excessively watering.