Becoming a small batch vendor, Legal and risk ???

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Rnb1987
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am

Becoming a small batch vendor, Legal and risk ???

Post by Rnb1987 »

My Wife and I have been kicking the idea around about becoming a small batch vendor. We have some good contacts that offer good product. Part of the business that I don’t understand is what are the legal ramifications if any of starting an online shop? Over the years I have seen quite a few vendors shut down for a time. I hear talk about accounts getting frozen and I’ve seen some vendors have to completely restart. Does anyone have any insight on what the consequences are and how one’s account would end up being Frozen?


Thank you. Nick.
Rnb1987
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Becoming a small batch vendor, Legal and risk ???

Post by Rnb1987 »

I’m sorry I forgot a part. We are in the process of opening a brick and mortar store and selling tie-dye stuff and local art. Handmade soaps and lotions herbal remedies. I have a passion for cradle him and would like to sell that in the shop as well. So the idea is to try to start in on line store to support the brick and mortar store. It seems like brick and mortar just is not in anymore but it’s been a dream of my lights for a very long time.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Becoming a small batch vendor, Legal and risk ???

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Rnb1987 wrote: We are in the process of opening a brick and mortar store and selling tie-dye stuff and local art. Handmade soaps and lotions herbal remedies.
yeah having a brick & mortar store, gives you a much better shot at success with kratom vending IMO - Start with having a LOCAL group, and local sales.. that's really a key factor. Otherwise...

Unless you bring something NEW to the table.. there IS really a moratorium on "New Vendors" now !! For many reasons - One, there's over 300+ vendors ahead of you... how many vendors do people need? I mean if you're willing to wait, while I go through 40 vendors on my List - who are established, and proven to have TOP quality kratom... At that rate I might get around to buying from you in about.. 5 years ? :lol:

Then... There's a whole discussion on WHO is a "vendor" ?? And who's just selling their stash. Out of their ass? Or car trunk, backpack or.... Those guys are NOT counted among the 300+ professional vendors with business licenses / websites. No! IF we count backpackers and stash sellers ( Like me!) THEN you've got maybe 500 ahead of you :ugeek:

A GOOD example of a successful, professional, Brick & Mortar shop who is ALSO a popular Online Vendor ... Soap Korner

Good Luck!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Rnb1987
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Becoming a small batch vendor, Legal and risk ???

Post by Rnb1987 »

Thank you balls. I was just kind of thinking that adding online sales to the store would increase the success of our shop. Thank you for that insight you have a very good point. One thing I don’t understand is how come some vendors accounts get frozen?
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Becoming a small batch vendor, Legal and risk ???

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Rnb1987 wrote:One thing I don’t understand is how come some vendors accounts get frozen?
Depends on the account .. Read the Terms & Conditions for the account you're concerned about. For example PayPal accounts get frozen, for a BIG list of violations of their Terms. PayPal is not a "bank", they operate in a gray area, laws have changed in recent years, bottom like PayPal still can seize your account at any time, usually for 180 days, and almost any reason (You are responsible for paying your own attorneys to fight their Seizure.) BANK accounts operate under federal Banking Rules, so can't just grab your money for 6 months.

Merchant Accounts, allowing your business to accept credit cards, you're signing an Agreement with Mastercard / VISA. Those companies have, again, a huge list of Rules and various products you can't sell / can sell under certain conditions / etc. Common products & services are NOT allowed under MC / Visa including: Gambling.. Porno.. Escorts.. Cigars and Tobacco.. AND of course, Kratom! LINK 8-)

EDIT: NOT endorsing that company!! Only an example.. there are MANY "High Risk" processors.. be careful :)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Post Reply