Page 1 of 1
Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 pm
by CheefingChief
Hello all. I'm new to this forum so this is my first post. I don't want to call anyone out on speculation, but I believe I may have gotten some spiked samples from an online retailer. I would like to point out that it wasn't a vendor listed in this forum. Let me explain my situation.
I ordered some kava extract from an online store. I have been looking into more herbal remedies over the last couple months, since I discovered the beauty of kratom. The only item I ordered from this site was kava extract. When my package came it also included two kratom samples weighing around 10 to 12 grams each. My normal starting burn for the day is anywhere from 10 to 15 grams. So the next day I wake up and decide to try one of the samples. The first package weighed just under 12 grams so I burned it all. After about 45 minutes I was cross eyed. Barely able to function.
Now, my tolerance is high enough that it shouldn't have had that effect. When I first started taking kratom I didn't have it hit me like that. So my question is this: has there been an issue with certain companies spiking their kratom samples to make them stronger and encourage people to buy from them? If so what kinds of things are they mixing with it? Any companies to avoid? Thanks in advance.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 am
by trigger
I don’t know where you normally order from, but it’s entirely possible the new place just has much stronger kratom. 10 grams is a lot for one dose. Especially with really potent kratom. Most people seem to be around 2.5 to 7g per burn. I take 6g twice a day and have recently had kratom knock my on my ass. This was from a 250g bag and a vendor I’ve trusted for years. I can’t imagine how fucked up I would have been if I took 12g of it.
Keep in mind, there’s a ceiling to the effects, so you definitely could be wasting kratom every day. Try to reduce your dose down... I was taking close to 8g when it was pointed out to me that it was a bit much. I dropped down to 7 and then 6 and there’s no difference. Tried 5 and 4 and it wasn’t enough. I may try again though.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 am
by KurtisCards
12 grams is an insane amount!
i too started off doing 8ish grams, got a scale and dropped down to 5, then 4, and now am at around 3.3-3.5g.
higher doses also tend to start building up antagonists i hear, but if your only doing it once or twice a day i dont think that matters much.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:18 am
by beathappening
What vendor was it? You can source here, that's not a problem
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:18 am
by MetalMamaRocks
I really doubt it was spiked, I haven't heard of anything like that happening in the last few years. It was probably just good strong kratom.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am
by l5s1bgon
It's certainly possible it was spiked, but I would be very surprised.
If your body was only accustomed to vendor X's leaf, then you suddenly switch to a new one, it could feel like you have no tolerance because the new leaf could have a very different alk profile. This is the main reason I rotate vendors everyday, and wait at least 2 days before repeating the same vendor. IME it helps tremendously with tolerance.
@KurtisCards brings up a good point about antagonists. If your previous leaf was higher in antagonists, and the new samples have a lot less, then the new leaf could feel a lot stronger.
@CheefingChief what vendor(s) were you using previously, and who is the new one? If you really suspect aldulteration, this community wants to know about it.
Edit: I guess tagging doesn't work here?? lol
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm
by herbalhippie
No, tagging doesn't work here. I want to know too!
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 pm
by BallzDeep9
The only item I ordered from this site was kava extract. When my package came it also included two kratom samples weighing around 10 to 12 grams each.
I agree with the OP, he may have got spiked "samples"!! First off... this is NOT a typical online kratom vendor - I can't think of ONE on the Vendor List who sells kava "extract" ?? First that's a no-no among kava purists.. Kava has it's own world of bullshit, fakes, poor quality and Tudei Kava - the bad stuff that's dangerous & can rot your liver... Kava connoisseurs don't do "extract", that's head shop shit.
So... ANY head shop that sells questionable "kava extract" is probably selling WHATEVER - all about the money of course.

Padded Samples. They're giving out padded samples, gawd knows what's in 'em .. Hoping the buyer will come back and SPEND $ Also the OP is abusing kratom taking 12 grams doses, tolerance is through the roof... yeah I'd like to find out WHO this vendor is?
http://kava.guru/getting-started/emergi ... udei-kava/
https://kalmwithkava.com/
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:46 pm
by gumbyke1
That is a disgusting practice, stuff like that is what is going to get our plant banned. I would like to know the vendor as well.
I would also get the owner on the phone and ask him/her about it. Tell them you are in the mind to have it tested, see what their reaction is. If they apologize and come up with some excuse of "bad batches" and offer to send you some for free, I bet they are guilty.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm
by trigger
We haven’t heard from the OP since this post. I hope he didn’t fucking die or anything.

Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:23 pm
by Ol’DirtyBastard
Hopefully OP is ok. Curious to find out who the vendor is as well.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 am
by CheefingChief
Sorry for the late reply. Working doubles. Haven't been on here in a few days. The vendor was pdo botanicals. Pdo stands for pharmacy drop out. I usually order from benni's now. But at the time I had some I had gotten from pa botanicals. And that stuff seemed normal. The time before that was some headshop brand. I've ordered from kratom og and a couple others I've come to trust. And I have never had a similar experience. Not once.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 am
by CheefingChief
So to clarify my use of 'too much kratom' the first time I took it I took 8 grams and felt nothing. I am an ex opiate user and have always had a high tolerance to opiates. Before I was using opiates all the time I had an er visit for a hip dislocation. They gave me 2 shots of dilaudid and it didn't even phase me. The first effective dose I took was around 10 to 12 grams and that's what I've stuck with.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:56 am
by CheefingChief
I don't want to vilify the vendor though. I didn't contact them about it. It just seems strange because I know my tolerance. It could be extra strong stuff. But I dunno.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:56 am
by CheefingChief
Thank you to all who responded with concern.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 am
by MetalMamaRocks
CheefingChief wrote:Thank you to all who responded with concern.
Glad you're doing okay and the rumors of your demise turned out to be false.

Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:03 pm
by CheefingChief
Lol. Me too! Just been busy at work. Really only been active on discord lately.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:30 pm
by Jimmyt951
Doubt it was spiked like others mentioned , dropping 12g in a singe dose is insane and it's probably a combo of two thing. Crap kratom and building a tolerance. So when you try new strains you want to start at a fraction of your regular dose, the new alkaloid profile is new to your body. And I suspect the kratom samples they sent is one of two; some really good shit! Or enhanced, which means it's mixed with kratom extract. I'm interested in knowing who this is. If you don't mind PM'ing me vendor name I'm interested in looking then up.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 pm
by BallzDeep9
Jimmyt951 wrote:I'm interested in knowing who this is. If you don't mind PM'ing me vendor name I'm interested in looking then up.
Scroll up a few message Jimmy he said the name, Pharmacy Drop Out, vendor has been discussed
HERE & vendor sells lots of extracts, enhanced, and makes up crazy names for his "strains" etc .. Padded Samples, are an old trick in this biz for long-time vendor like PDO I would not be too surprised.
I've got friends who are veteran addicts and can't hardly feel my best leaf.. Sad really, they've blown out their opiate receptors. You're supposed to recover tolerance after months or years of abstaining but I believe these friends do occasionally chip or indulge.. anyway yes high tolerance folks, DO need a large dose of kratom & even then it's nothing compared to good ole' black tar....
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 pm
by CheefingChief
BallzDeep9 wrote:Jimmyt951 wrote:I'm interested in knowing who this is. If you don't mind PM'ing me vendor name I'm interested in looking then up.
Scroll up a few message Jimmy he said the name, Pharmacy Drop Out, vendor has been discussed
HERE & vendor sells lots of extracts, enhanced, and makes up crazy names for his "strains" etc .. Padded Samples, are an old trick in this biz for long-time vendor like PDO I would not be too surprised.
I've got friends who are veteran addicts and can't hardly feel my best leaf.. Sad really, they've blown out their opiate receptors. You're supposed to recover tolerance after months or years of abstaining but I believe these friends do occasionally chip or indulge.. anyway yes high tolerance folks, DO need a large dose of kratom & even then it's nothing compared to good ole' black tar....
Thank you for the support. I really don't feel I have been abusing kratom. I take an amount to reach a certain level of comfort and that's it. I have several ex opiate addicts and they take pretty similar amounts. I don't want to do black tar or China or any of it anymore and kratom has helped me do that. I would have started on kratom years earlier if I had taken an effective amount the first time. Which was 8 grams. And it literally did nothing for me.
Re: Spiked samples?
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:03 am
by CheefingChief
When I first posted this there had not been a discussion on pharmacy dropout that I know of. And I didn't name the vendor until after the discussion on them was opened. Weird.