Review scoring standards?
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Review scoring standards?
I have been reviewing my kratom experiences in the reviews section and have been scoring different attributes out of 10. I saw someone else do it, and just started doing the same. I realize my 9/10 isn’t going to be the same as someone else’s. When I say 5/10, that’s average and decent. Someone else might see 5/10 and think it’s bunk. Also, who knows whether someone is basing it on experiences in life or other kratom experiences - or how good or bad those other experiences are?
Would it make sense to have reviewing standards or suggested guidelines? It might make reviews more helpful. It would be real easy to code in phpbb so pressing a bb code button would automatically put formatted text you could simply add your scores to. I think it would anyway. Been awhile since I set up a forum.
Or maybe this thread can be where people explain their own reviewing standards and what they base them on so others following their reviews can have a point of reference? I don’t know. I’m spitballing here. Ideally, I would like there to be a giant review database for vendors and strains that could be indexed and searched. It would save a lot of people from buying a lot of mediocre leaf.
And I realize reviews are subjective anyway. I think we already do a good job. Just looking for ways to be better. At least we aren’t like anime reviews where everything is a 10/10 because it’s anime (guess you have to have seen anime reviews to know what I mean).
Thoughts?
Would it make sense to have reviewing standards or suggested guidelines? It might make reviews more helpful. It would be real easy to code in phpbb so pressing a bb code button would automatically put formatted text you could simply add your scores to. I think it would anyway. Been awhile since I set up a forum.
Or maybe this thread can be where people explain their own reviewing standards and what they base them on so others following their reviews can have a point of reference? I don’t know. I’m spitballing here. Ideally, I would like there to be a giant review database for vendors and strains that could be indexed and searched. It would save a lot of people from buying a lot of mediocre leaf.
And I realize reviews are subjective anyway. I think we already do a good job. Just looking for ways to be better. At least we aren’t like anime reviews where everything is a 10/10 because it’s anime (guess you have to have seen anime reviews to know what I mean).
Thoughts?
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: Review scoring standards?
I do very extensive quality grading of the leaf I import. We use a 1-10 scale in a series of catagories and for the most part the scores are similar between about 10-15 testers.
Once we learned to give give definitions it has helped us tremendously with understanding of how the quality of leaf is impacted by small changes in harvesting/drying/milling. Without question, this works.
Once we learned to give give definitions it has helped us tremendously with understanding of how the quality of leaf is impacted by small changes in harvesting/drying/milling. Without question, this works.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: Review scoring standards?
I sent you a link ...
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Review scoring standards?
I’ve been working on something very similar to this that will be part of this site within the next 6 months. Not releasing any official details yet as it’s still in development, but I have also wanted something like this for a long time, so I’m building it.Ideally, I would like there to be a giant review database for vendors and strains that could be indexed and searched. It would save a lot of people from buying a lot of mediocre leaf.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Review scoring standards?
That would be great, as we all know kratom is not the same for everyone, one might like, another might hate it. I do think how many years a user been using kratom should always be stated. New users might of had mid kratom all a long and had good kratom once and rated it 10/10. when an expert try same kratom and thinks its decent, like 5/10. So user experience with kratom very important. Also all users before reviews should take 1-2grams extra, then what their normal dose is, because if tolerance already high, its hard to give that fair rating of a kratom. They might think its bunk when they taking slight less amount then their regular dose. Users who take 2 or less could be nice testers too, since they can be more sensitive at stimulant area, and some kratom is super duper good at 1-3 grams as euphoric and stimulants but at 6 dose will put you to sleep. But wow there is so many factors in this, being user over 5 years, and this is my personal thoughts. I dont think age is not important, just when someone reviews something always good to take 1 extra gram in my opinion. That extra edge gram will leak out to feel true kratom feel which will be more fair rating. Unless you gave 12 hours break, i also think is enough to test new strains. Its very hard to do it every 3 or 6 hours since you still got other kratom in system left overs.
Kratom user since 2014!