Got hired by a CBD extraction lab and suggested kratom!
-
djulain
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 am
Got hired by a CBD extraction lab and suggested kratom!
I just got an awesome job at a small hemp extraction lab (50L rotovap, 600-plant farm, 12" buchner funnel, purging/decarbing on a hot plate, very small) and pitched kratom extractions and they're game! I have a friend that has isolated 7-ho-mitra using column chromatography and he gave me his process for getting up to that point, but I'd prefer to just stick to the food-grade (formerly) 200-proof etoh we already use since the fume hood isn't set up yet. Any input, tips, experience, etc? I want to use cold etoh to avoid chlorophyll but I'm not sure what the resulting extract would feel like compared to leaf from the same batch or, say, warm etoh or chloroform or something. Anything's possible but my kratom vendor offered to send me some for free to work this all out on, and since we have an extra 1 or 2L rotovap just sitting around I want to get this moving ASAP before the owners get sidetracked. I'm not trying to make anything that will get any publicity--it's much more a small-scale hobby thing just to see what I can come up with.
I was thinking of doing cold etoh, winterize, filter, rotovap at low temp, then if i don't like the results after purging, either run a water extraction on the same material and evap and add them together or do my friend's a/b crystallization to pull out as many mitra derivatives as i can and maybe nanoemulsify that or something. Anyway, any and all help is appreciated and I'll hopefully be able to send samples out if it works out!
I was thinking of doing cold etoh, winterize, filter, rotovap at low temp, then if i don't like the results after purging, either run a water extraction on the same material and evap and add them together or do my friend's a/b crystallization to pull out as many mitra derivatives as i can and maybe nanoemulsify that or something. Anyway, any and all help is appreciated and I'll hopefully be able to send samples out if it works out!
-
Theanine
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Got hired by a CBD extraction lab and suggested kratom!
This is obviously a post for a professional chemist. Still, I too have been disappointed with most extracts which are available, they only seem marginally more potent that the Premium grade leaf and the potency is largely unknown. I mean, what does 20X or 50X mean for the actual effects, probably not much. I will gladly purchase yours if its the bees knees....djulain wrote:I just got an awesome job at a small hemp extraction lab (50L rotovap, 600-plant farm, 12" buchner funnel, purging/decarbing on a hot plate, very small) and pitched kratom extractions and they're game! I have a friend that has isolated 7-ho-mitra using column chromatography and he gave me his process for getting up to that point, but I'd prefer to just stick to the food-grade (formerly) 200-proof etoh we already use since the fume hood isn't set up yet. Any input, tips, experience, etc? I want to use cold etoh to avoid chlorophyll but I'm not sure what the resulting extract would feel like compared to leaf from the same batch or, say, warm etoh or chloroform or something. Anything's possible but my kratom vendor offered to send me some for free to work this all out on, and since we have an extra 1 or 2L rotovap just sitting around I want to get this moving ASAP before the owners get sidetracked. I'm not trying to make anything that will get any publicity--it's much more a small-scale hobby thing just to see what I can come up with.
I was thinking of doing cold etoh, winterize, filter, rotovap at low temp, then if i don't like the results after purging, either run a water extraction on the same material and evap and add them together or do my friend's a/b crystallization to pull out as many mitra derivatives as i can and maybe nanoemulsify that or something. Anyway, any and all help is appreciated and I'll hopefully be able to send samples out if it works out!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Got hired by a CBD extraction lab and suggested kratom!
Is your place setup for Carbon Dioxide gas (Co2 Supercritical) Extraction? IF so.. I think there's a demand for Co2 kratom extracts, since it's a cleaner stronger & less-toxic method, and.. obviously nobody's doing this in their kitchen like 90% of the FSE kratom extract out there. Thanks!
https://www.hempgazette.com/cannabidiol ... -cannabis/
https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidio ... xtraction/
https://www.hempgazette.com/cannabidiol ... -cannabis/
https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidio ... xtraction/
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
djulain
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 am
Re: Got hired by a CBD extraction lab and suggested kratom!
BallzDeep9 wrote:Is your place setup for Carbon Dioxide gas (Co2 Supercritical) Extraction? IF so.. I think there's a demand for Co2 kratom extracts, since it's a cleaner stronger & less-toxic method, and.. obviously nobody's doing this in their kitchen like 90% of the FSE kratom extract out there. Thanks!![]()
https://www.hempgazette.com/cannabidiol ... -cannabis/
https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidio ... xtraction/
Whoops, just saw this. Nah, right now we're doing ethanol extractions since it's food-grade (well, our ethanol is) and we can get near-full solvent recovery. Also super-critical setups lose a lot of flavonoids and terpenoids in the extraction process. We're quite small--we only produce a few kilos of decarbed crude CBD oil/week but we use that for our tinctures since it's over 70% CBD. I'm working on getting some novel cannabinoid levels up and plant fats down, but we'll see how my sciencing goes. Kratom extraction starts on Monday (ish) though!
-
Theanine
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Got hired by a CBD extraction lab and suggested kratom!
Fascinating! What exactly is the "Black Pearl" kratom extract? No one lists alkaloid contents or potencies, its all a damn mystery....djulain wrote:BallzDeep9 wrote:Is your place setup for Carbon Dioxide gas (Co2 Supercritical) Extraction? IF so.. I think there's a demand for Co2 kratom extracts, since it's a cleaner stronger & less-toxic method, and.. obviously nobody's doing this in their kitchen like 90% of the FSE kratom extract out there. Thanks!![]()
https://www.hempgazette.com/cannabidiol ... -cannabis/
https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidio ... xtraction/
Whoops, just saw this. Nah, right now we're doing ethanol extractions since it's food-grade (well, our ethanol is) and we can get near-full solvent recovery. Also super-critical setups lose a lot of flavonoids and terpenoids in the extraction process. We're quite small--we only produce a few kilos of decarbed crude CBD oil/week but we use that for our tinctures since it's over 70% CBD. I'm working on getting some novel cannabinoid levels up and plant fats down, but we'll see how my sciencing goes. Kratom extraction starts on Monday (ish) though!