Page 1 of 1

Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 am
by reximus_maximus
I've recently discovered kratom and was surprised that it eliminated alcohol cravings. I've gotten drunk nearly every day for a decade, and am working on changing my relationship with alcohol, and it looks like kratom is helping me do that. In fact, last Monday was my first alcohol free day in more than a year! Kratom made it very very easy, and was actually a much more enjoyable night.

For the most part, when using kratom, I've not really felt much of a "high". I've been exclusively ordering lots of the highly praised stains from BB and STH, and have done so because my alcohol cravings disappear rather than getting much of a high from it. Occasionally, I'll feel a slight heady feeling after 3-3.5 hours.

The point of this post is that after my alcohol free day, I dosed 5g of STH wild red borneo, and I actually felt a decent buzz from it.

I wanted to ask the community what is your experience with this? If you get drunk a few days in a row, do you experience a decreased effect from your leaf?

I'm going to shoot for two alcohol-free days next week and will report back.

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:56 pm
by FireK
Well done! I was never much of a big drinker...id go out weekends and have a 3-4 drinks or a beer here and there....since kratom use started about 10 months ago ive maybe had 5 drinks total. Just dont have any desire to drink and the few times i have combined the two have not been enjoyable. Congratulations and good luck weening off alcohol completely!!

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:59 am
by Bigblind
I also drank every day before I found kratom. Kratom took the want for alcohol away .But I have noticed with me if i have a serving of leaf then drink the alcohol completely blockes the kratom from working on my pain . So that could be why I quit drinking .

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:30 am
by javagurl62
Yes. It also helped me with the withdrawals from the several short binges I've had in the past few months. I also had Ativan for most of them which is a good idea. If you have access to a benzo, get it. The last bender was so disgusting that it took away my desire to do it again. I'm only using the leaf for the past 2 weeks and also doing things that I used to enjoy again which also really helps my mood. Laying around drinking or sitting in a bar is really not all that fun. :roll:

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:40 pm
by Theanine
Ethanol is proven to affect opioid receptors. If you are addicted to it, any opioid's effects will be diminished, sometimes significantly.
Logically, any opioid has the ability to substitute for ethanol. Of course, that is hardly a solution because while NON TOXIC, unlike ethanol, they are every bit as addictive as actual opioids/opiates. Kratom changes that equation as it is not nearly as addictive as mainstream opioids or ethanol. So, Kratom could offer an actual solution to millions of Alcoholics in America and millions more elsewhere in the world :!:

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:14 pm
by javagurl62
Theanine wrote:Ethanol is proven to affect opioid receptors. If you are addicted to it, any opioid's effects will be diminished, sometimes significantly. :
Not the case for me! I'm addicted to booze although not actively using it, thank God. 8-) I get buzzed as hell off kratom at low doses. :shock: The less is more rule has done wonders for me!

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:11 pm
by Theanine
javagurl62 wrote:
Theanine wrote:Ethanol is proven to affect opioid receptors. If you are addicted to it, any opioid's effects will be diminished, sometimes significantly. :
Not the case for me! I'm addicted to booze although not actively using it, thank God. 8-) I get buzzed as hell off kratom at low doses. :shock: The less is more rule has done wonders for me!
Well, if you are not currently consuming ethanol, then your endorphin receptors wouldn't be affected by it allowing Kratom to work.
If you were actively consuming ethanol, then the effects you would get from opioids would be reduced to the extent of your ethanol consumption.
Most people do not see those two as interchangeable, but they are. Except the ethanol is far more dangerous, not to mention toxic. :x

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 pm
by Nic
“Wild Red Borneo “ from smileytime is some of the strongest kratom that I have had recently. I ordered an extra half Kilo after I tried it. This was a couple weeks ago.

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 pm
by Jim Jurgan
I enjoy a few beers now and then with my kratom.
I find the two synergize.
I do find I drink less/desire less alcohol when doing kratom on a drinking night.

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 pm
by herbalhippie
Nic wrote:“Wild Red Borneo “ from smileytime is some of the strongest kratom that I have had recently. I ordered an extra half Kilo after I tried it. This was a couple weeks ago.
Is it a 'green' red or a brownish/bent looking one?

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:54 am
by e_poison
Jim Jurgan wrote:I enjoy a few beers now and then with my kratom.
I find the two synergize.
I do find I drink less/desire less alcohol when doing kratom on a drinking night.
This is my experience too.

One or two beers enhances it, but any more than that and it just completely overpowers the Kratom. If I know I’m going to be drinking, I don’t even bother with the Kratom. I’d rather save it for when I’ll get the best benefit from it.

After I first started taking Kratom, I rarely if ever drank and was able to put the booze down completely. But I noticed over time it didn’t work to reduce the alcohol cravings as much. Probably just tolerance though.

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:22 pm
by gravystainonmyshirt
e_poison wrote:
Jim Jurgan wrote:I enjoy a few beers now and then with my kratom.
I find the two synergize.
I do find I drink less/desire less alcohol when doing kratom on a drinking night.
This is my experience too.

One or two beers enhances it, but any more than that and it just completely overpowers the Kratom. If I know I’m going to be drinking, I don’t even bother with the Kratom. I’d rather save it for when I’ll get the best benefit from it.

After I first started taking Kratom, I rarely if ever drank and was able to put the booze down completely. But I noticed over time it didn’t work to reduce the alcohol cravings as much. Probably just tolerance though.

I third that, they pair nicely for me and intensify the buzz i get from both. I dont drink much but when i do i feel super good if I take a green beforehand. I usually feel the alcohol more over the kratom tho. I feel red wine is the best combo for drink/kratom. Blends very nicely

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 pm
by MorriesWigs80
Not sure, because I found Kratom after my drinking career ended. But, I would give anything to discover it before I stopped. Kratom would have saved me a lot of health, legal, and financial troubles. I was an alcoholic for almost 18 yrs. after I got sober, I tried anything and everything to avoid my obsession with alcohol. Meetings, therapy, gym, meds, you name it. I had a MASSIVE void to fill. Happy to say I’m 14 months sober, still working our, doing great, and I dose 2-3 times a day. It completely curbs my cravings for alcohol, as well as treats my pain from a chronic illness, as I was worried about getting sober from alcohol, only to get addicted to opiate narcotic pain killers. I still work out a lot and go to therapy, but Kratom has honestly filled the rest. I’m super glad to hear another drinker reaps the benefits of Kratom curbing the desire to booze it up!

Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:34 pm
by Nic
Herbal hippie- it is more of a darker green.
Batch# WRBR060719-1