What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
twindle
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:42 pm

What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by twindle »

I'm wanting to try Kratom for my depression and motivation. I'm looking for suggestions on what Kratom to use, and at what dosage. Other secrets to those using it for depression, from those that are doing it as well, would also be nice.

Thanks.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by herbalhippie »

Many greens have a good mood uplift and can be motivating. I've been buying strictly reds lately though so I can't say what good greens are out there right now.
twindle
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by twindle »

herbalhippie wrote:Many greens have a good mood uplift and can be motivating. I've been buying strictly reds lately though so I can't say what good greens are out there right now.
I read that whites were actually the most uplifting? That said, the color doesn't seem to really mean more than the way it was dried for the most part? I've only tried a green so far. It produced euphoria, and that's about it for me.
Blossoms
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by Blossoms »

I struggle with serious depression and I find that greens and reds, blends of these and yellow/golds work best for me. Although I know these designations aren't the complete picture of strains, what I do know is that however greens and reds are processed, they have helped with my depression significantly. I am not schooled enough in kratom to discuss it any other way but colors.
Because of quality kratom, I have been able to half my antidepressants and no longer take anything for anxiety or sleep.
My type of depression is somewhat resistant to medications so I always had to take a cocktail of medications and live a pretty healthy lifestyle to get enough relief to be able to function. Even then there were the side effects, insurance companies, cost and hoops I had to jump through to even get those.
For me to take half my doses and sometimes even forget is nothing short of a miracle. Nothing pharma has ever thrown my way has had this effect on me. My doctor wanted me to get shock treatment as a last resort and I was desperate enough to consider it. :shock:
Then I found kratom and I dug myself out of the dark hole of depression and physical pain. No more useless pain clinics and psychs. That alone has been fantastic.
Everyone in my life has noticed the difference. I am active and social again. I am "me" as I was meant to be and not just treading water.
I just wanted to offer you some background so you know I am familiar with depression and anxiety and that my opinion comes from experience.

My thoughts-
Whites are too stimulating for me. I have tried many of them and they never affect me well. I get a little hyper and irritable. They actually give me some anxiety and jitters. I don't want to feel that. I haven't tried every white in the world and we have different chemistry but that is how it is has been for me. I wanted to like them because a lot of people rave about them but my body just says Nope. An energizing green is enough. I need the balance.
Reds are great for me because of pain but also sometimes I need to chill and relax. I like the pain relief of them but also the uninterrupted sleep without exhausting psychedelic dreams and fatigue until noon.
There are a lot of different greens and reds so I have been able to cover my needs with what is out there.
Good luck!

Hi to everyone. I have lurked for a while and learned so much. Reading here has been like a daily tutorial. 8-)
twindle
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by twindle »

Blossoms wrote:I struggle with serious depression and I find that greens and reds, blends of these and yellow/golds work best for me. Although I know these designations aren't the complete picture of strains, what I do know is that however greens and reds are processed, they have helped with my depression significantly. I am not schooled enough in kratom to discuss it any other way but colors.
You're exactly the type of person I was looking for. May I get more details about where you get it and specific batches? What dosages do you use? Have you noticed a problem with a tolerance building up?

Thanks.
Blossoms
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by Blossoms »

twindle wrote:
Blossoms wrote:I struggle with serious depression and I find that greens and reds, blends of these and yellow/golds work best for me. Although I know these designations aren't the complete picture of strains, what I do know is that however greens and reds are processed, they have helped with my depression significantly. I am not schooled enough in kratom to discuss it any other way but colors.
You're exactly the type of person I was looking for. May I get more details about where you get it and specific batches? What dosages do you use? Have you noticed a problem with a tolerance building up?

Thanks.
Right now I am expecting some new stuff I am excited about from Liz's Botanicals, MitraMan, Kraydo, and Benni's. What I have that is still available that I like is Christopher's Organic Botanicals Green Vietnam batch 151309. This lifts my mood a lot but it is gentle energy so I can accomplish things without feeling like my heart is racing out of my chest and being snappish to people around me. Inland Botanicals Green Malay, Gold Maeng Da, Red Borneo, and Gold Bali. I also like their Green Lantern and Yellow Brick Road from time to time. I have had those on hand for a few months so I am not certain of what batches they have at the moment. I usually ask when I am interested in reordering. Nature's Cure Green Malay has worked for me too. It has more energy than the COB's GV but it is still smooth and uplifts my mood without interfering with my sleep.
Dosages vary by product but I am usually 4 to 6 grams, 3 or 4 times a day if I am where I should be. What I always do is start off with 2 grams and wait 20 minutes or so to see what I feel. Then I will do another 2 if need or I will wait and see and maybe do another 2 in 45 minutes. Once I see that this strain from this vendor works for me at 4 to 6 I stay in that range. If something needs more than that then it won't work for me. Nothing lasts more than 4-5 hours with my metabolism that I have tried so far.

Since our chemistries are unique to ourselves I recommend getting in touch with some of the vendors you see recommended here over and over and ask them about their stock and what you need. The ones I mentioned above are absolutely great with communication and being helpful. They are friendly and want our feedback. I feel comfortable telling them this or that didn't work for me and they will send some new samples or replace my item. I have also like EC Botanicals, Sosa, and Authentic. I used to order from Re Leaf but I haven't in a bit but my close friend loves them.
Finding your groove with kratom is never static because of the variables involved and what each person is looking for is different. You have a specific need so I recommend sampling everything first or buying an ounce and not just buying a half kilo because of what I say or anyone else. I learned that the hard way.
I am not an expert like so many others here. This is just what is working for me at the moment. :)
Theanine
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by Theanine »

Blossoms wrote:My thoughts-
Whites are too stimulating for me. I have tried many of them and they never affect me well. I get a little hyper and irritable. They actually give me some anxiety and jitters. I don't want to feel that. I haven't tried every white in the world and we have different chemistry but that is how it is has been for me. I wanted to like them because a lot of people rave about them but my body just says Nope. An energizing green is enough. I need the balance.
Reds are great for me because of pain but also sometimes I need to chill and relax. I like the pain relief of them but also the uninterrupted sleep without exhausting psychedelic dreams and fatigue until noon.
There are a lot of different greens and reds so I have been able to cover my needs with what is out there.
Good luck!

Hi to everyone. I have lurked for a while and learned so much. Reading here has been like a daily tutorial. 8-)
Welcome to the forum, the best for this purpose. My situation with anxiety/depression seem to resemble yours, and I feel the exact same way about different varieties of Kratom, calling them strains is a misnomer because that connotes a hereditary difference (genotype). Phenotypes, affected by external factors such as processing, do not constitute different strains or species. In any case, Whites are indeed too fast for me and the Reds tend to be too slow, the Green hits perfectly!

If you want some AMAZING leaf, go for the Botanical Bunny's Premium MD (lot 12) (batch 1907). I bought 3 kilos of it myself and regretting not getting more. It is what Kratom should be, especially for people such as us. A very smooth, mellow variety, definitely a Green, and a premium one at that. You get it all mood lift, euphoria, motivation and zero high energy, coffee type of kick you sometimes get from Malays/Supers/Whites. Another one is Garuda's Super MD, similar to BB's Premium MD but faster and less intense. I bought 4 kilos of that, split in quarters, trading half of that for something else on the Trader's forum. Maybe not as Garuda is out of stock of this one, maybe I should just hang on to those kilos, considering this stuff doesn't really go bad properly stored. I mean, the scent does diminish, but not the alkaloid content! I think it is possible that aged Kratom is actually stronger than the just harvested leaf, due to further processing by oxygen which is inevitable during storage. So, it might actually gain a few percent of the 7ohm, which does not naturally occur in FRESH leaves in any significant amount. Good luck to you!
Blossoms
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by Blossoms »

Theanine wrote:
Blossoms wrote:My thoughts-
Whites are too stimulating for me. I have tried many of them and they never affect me well. I get a little hyper and irritable. They actually give me some anxiety and jitters. I don't want to feel that. I haven't tried every white in the world and we have different chemistry but that is how it is has been for me. I wanted to like them because a lot of people rave about them but my body just says Nope. An energizing green is enough. I need the balance.
Reds are great for me because of pain but also sometimes I need to chill and relax. I like the pain relief of them but also the uninterrupted sleep without exhausting psychedelic dreams and fatigue until noon.
There are a lot of different greens and reds so I have been able to cover my needs with what is out there.
Good luck!

Hi to everyone. I have lurked for a while and learned so much. Reading here has been like a daily tutorial. 8-)
Welcome to the forum, the best for this purpose. My situation with anxiety/depression seem to resemble yours, and I feel the exact same way about different varieties of Kratom, calling them strains is a misnomer because that connotes a hereditary difference (genotype). Phenotypes, affected by external factors such as processing, do not constitute different strains or species. In any case, Whites are indeed too fast for me and the Reds tend to be too slow, the Green hits perfectly!

If you want some AMAZING leaf, go for the Botanical Bunny's Premium MD (lot 12) (batch 1907). I bought 3 kilos of it myself and regretting not getting more. It is what Kratom should be, especially for people such as us. A very smooth, mellow variety, definitely a Green, and a premium one at that. You get it all mood lift, euphoria, motivation and zero high energy, coffee type of kick you sometimes get from Malays/Supers/Whites. Another one is Garuda's Super MD, similar to BB's Premium MD but faster and less intense. I bought 4 kilos of that, split in quarters, trading half of that for something else on the Trader's forum. Maybe not as Garuda is out of stock of this one, maybe I should just hang on to those kilos, considering this stuff doesn't really go bad properly stored. I mean, the scent does diminish, but not the alkaloid content! I think it is possible that aged Kratom is actually stronger than the just harvested leaf, due to further processing by oxygen which is inevitable during storage. So, it might actually gain a few percent of the 7ohm, which does not naturally occur in FRESH leaves in any significant amount. Good luck to you!
Thank you. I am heading off to look at those.
Since coming here I am finally getting to the information I really want. It has been a revelation for sure.
I will keep my eye out for your reviews since we have similar issues and likes. I have a lot to learn but I am interested in becoming better informed about this leaf.
Are there any reds you like at the moment?
Theanine
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by Theanine »

Blossoms wrote:Thank you. I am heading off to look at those.
Since coming here I am finally getting to the information I really want. It has been a revelation for sure.
I will keep my eye out for your reviews since we have similar issues and likes. I have a lot to learn but I am interested in becoming better informed about this leaf.
Are there any reds you like at the moment?
You're super welcome, this place is awesome! In 5 days, sign up with the Trader group on this forum, it requires a minimum 10 days since account creation.
Go to your User Control Panel, then User Groups and request access to that group. Lots of reliable people are trading/selling their wares. I will be moving my Super MD from Garuda real soon, already sold 2 bags of 250 grams each. It's in demand because its good and out of stock.

I do not like Reds at all, instead I go for the slow Greens or Golds/Yellows. The best thus far has been Gold Elephant, different type of leaf for sure, very slow and euphoric but not in the way that the fermented Reds are, more clear headed. In fact, I had a Green Elephant, which was bight green, that put me to sleep every time that I took it, so fermentation is not necessary for mellow effects. Despite some disagreeing with me, I believe that the "speed" of the plant is affected by its level 7-Hydroxymitragynine. In ferments, that version of Mitranynine is much higher since the oxidation during processing causes its formation. Greens and Whites do not get fermentation treatment and as a result lack 7-Hydroxymitragynine completely, as it is not naturally found in the plant. However, some varieties have a slightly higher 7-Hydroxymitragynine level naturally, so they are very mellow in Green and or White. In those varieties, the 7-Hydroxymitragynine is a result of a genotype (born that way), rather than a phenotype (in this case, drying/fermenting process). To summarize, I am probably being confusing, the 7-Hydroxymitragynine in REDS are a result of processing where the leaf is oxidized by the sun and much chlorophyl is lost, hence the color and the sleepiness of the 7-Hydroxymitragynine. In sleepy Greens/Whites, that 7-Hydroxymitragynine is naturally higher than regular leaf, and since it is a LOT more potent than Mitragynine, that slight 7-Hydroxymitragynine increase creates a depressive effect. So, that Green Elephant had higher 7-Hydroxymitragynine content than the regular leaf and was therefore sleep inducing even without the fermentation process which coverts some of the Mitragynine into 7-Hydroxymitragynine, with a lot of Mitragynine being lost to conversion/oxidation. The overall alkaloid profile is actually lower in Reds, but they do tend to have a higher 7-Hydroxymitragynine content, due to reasons specified. Remember, Mitragynine is stimulating, 7-Hydroxymitragynine is depressive. So, that loss of the Mitragynine to 7-Hydroxymitragynine and oxidation of the stimulating Mitragynine in fermented varieties is what causes them to have such differing effects, be much slower and normally lack the euphoria of the Whites/Greens. With Gold, there is more of an affect than with pure Red because Gold tends to be a Green/White and Red blend providing a much fuller alkaloid profile. So, you will get the euphoria without gaining too much stimulation, where the right balance of Mitragynine to 7-Hydroxymitragynine is reached. I hope this makes some sense......
Blossoms
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: What Kratom for Depression, Anxiety and Motivation?

Post by Blossoms »

Theanine wrote:
Blossoms wrote:Thank you. I am heading off to look at those.
Since coming here I am finally getting to the information I really want. It has been a revelation for sure.
I will keep my eye out for your reviews since we have similar issues and likes. I have a lot to learn but I am interested in becoming better informed about this leaf.
Are there any reds you like at the moment?
You're super welcome, this place is awesome! In 5 days, sign up with the Trader group on this forum, it requires a minimum 10 days since account creation.
Go to your User Control Panel, then User Groups and request access to that group. Lots of reliable people are trading/selling their wares. I will be moving my Super MD from Garuda real soon, already sold 2 bags of 250 grams each. It's in demand because its good and out of stock.

I do not like Reds at all, instead I go for the slow Greens or Golds/Yellows. The best thus far has been Gold Elephant, different type of leaf for sure, very slow and euphoric but not in the way that the fermented Reds are, more clear headed. In fact, I had a Green Elephant, which was bight green, that put me to sleep every time that I took it, so fermentation is not necessary for mellow effects. Despite some disagreeing with me, I believe that the "speed" of the plant is affected by its level 7-Hydroxymitragynine. In ferments, that version of Mitranynine is much higher since the oxidation during processing causes its formation. Greens and Whites do not get fermentation treatment and as a result lack 7-Hydroxymitragynine completely, as it is not naturally found in the plant. However, some varieties have a slightly higher 7-Hydroxymitragynine level naturally, so they are very mellow in Green and or White. In those varieties, the 7-Hydroxymitragynine is a result of a genotype (born that way), rather than a phenotype (in this case, drying/fermenting process). To summarize, I am probably being confusing, the 7-Hydroxymitragynine in REDS are a result of processing where the leaf is oxidized by the sun and much chlorophyl is lost, hence the color and the sleepiness of the 7-Hydroxymitragynine. In sleepy Greens/Whites, that 7-Hydroxymitragynine is naturally higher than regular leaf, and since it is a LOT more potent than Mitragynine, that slight 7-Hydroxymitragynine increase creates a depressive effect. So, that Green Elephant had higher 7-Hydroxymitragynine content than the regular leaf and was therefore sleep inducing even without the fermentation process which coverts some of the Mitragynine into 7-Hydroxymitragynine, with a lot of Mitragynine being lost to conversion/oxidation. The overall alkaloid profile is actually lower in Reds, but they do tend to have a higher 7-Hydroxymitragynine content, due to reasons specified. Remember, Mitragynine is stimulating, 7-Hydroxymitragynine is depressive. So, that loss of the Mitragynine to 7-Hydroxymitragynine and oxidation of the stimulating Mitragynine in fermented varieties is what causes them to have such differing effects, be much slower and normally lack the euphoria of the Whites/Greens. With Gold, there is more of an affect than with pure Red because Gold tends to be a Green/White and Red blend providing a much fuller alkaloid profile. So, you will get the euphoria without gaining too much stimulation, where the right balance of Mitragynine to 7-Hydroxymitragynine is reached. I hope this makes some sense......
This makes absolute sense. I respond well to golds and greens. I do reds but only at night when I want to sleep. I am curious about a slower white though. I have never tried one before. It explains my preferences very clearly. Thank you.
Post Reply