Oblate bag failure
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Oblate bag failure
Kind of a funny story after the fact but I’m at work and decided to make up an oblate bag instead of mixing in herbal tea. I keep a jar of that’s labeled Kyo-Green that right now has SOSA Green MD in it. (I have a variety of red, white and other greens in my drawer) but I decided to hit the jar as it’s one of my favorite strains. My scale will arrive tonight so I’m still using a teaspoon which I know is wildly inaccurate after testing a couple different strains with a packed flattened off top. I figured that the oblate bags hold maybe 3 grams
Anyhow this one is pretty full and I’m looking forward to popping it down the hatch
To make a long story short, the bag came opened somehow and I get a massive dose of powder down the back of my throat
I keep water in a Contigo cup (has a lid) and it was nearly empty. I rip the lid off and take a big gulp and backwashed all in my water. Meanwhile I’m coughing like crazy. I had to go clean my cup out so I could fill it with fresh water. I don’t T & W for a reason!
I guess the moral of the story is don’t be so greedy when it comes to using an oblate bag as your method of ingestion. My throat still hurts
At least the Green MD is working it’s wonders 
* javagurl62
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Oblate bag failure
The worst is when you accidentally breathe in a bunch of the powder. I’ve choked more than a few times on a failed toss and wash attempt. 
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Oblate bag failure
e_poison wrote:The worst is when you accidentally breathe in a bunch of the powder. I’ve choked more than a few times on a failed toss and wash attempt.
I’ve done it before with soda or water, but Kratom or something solid like a hot pepper, I can only imagine. My throat was still sore when I went to bed last night. I’m leery of trying my new flavored oblate bags but I’m working with a scale today so that is a huge improvement.
* javagurl62
-
JHole
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:27 am
- Location: IA
Re: Oblate bag failure
I have never heard of those. They usually seem to work good? . I capsule mine right now and that just takes up too much time. Is there a certain brand that works better then others? Where do you purchase yours?
-
Lambeezy
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm
Re: Oblate bag failure
Oblate Discs - Japanese Edible Film, 200pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FQOFLE/re ... oDbDS950M4JHole wrote:I have never heard of those. They usually seem to work good? . I capsule mine right now and that just takes up too much time. Is there a certain brand that works better then others? Where do you purchase yours?
These are the discs not the bags. I’ve never tried the bags but the discs work well.
-
lavender
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 684
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm
Re: Oblate bag failure
it happened to me too . i used to t &w for years till one day i choked and cant breath for maybe one minute i was thinking that am dying for real . after that i mixing my tea in small jar or pill bottlee_poison wrote:The worst is when you accidentally breathe in a bunch of the powder. I’ve choked more than a few times on a failed toss and wash attempt.
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Oblate bag failure
Here’s a link for the bags (flavoredJHole wrote:I have never heard of those. They usually seem to work good? . I capsule mine right now and that just takes up too much time. Is there a certain brand that works better then others? Where do you purchase yours?
I’m still afraid to try them. My throat was still a little sore yesterday. I was traumatized
* javagurl62
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Oblate bag failure
javagurl62 wrote:They sell each flavor separately but this one has the most bang for your buck.JHole wrote:I have never heard of those. They usually seem to work good? . I capsule mine right now and that just takes up too much time. Is there a certain brand that works better then others? Where do you purchase yours?
Here’s a link for the bags (flavored) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
I’m still afraid to try them. My throat was still a little sore yesterday. I was traumatizedLol!
![]()
* javagurl62
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Oblate bag failure
JHole wrote:I have never heard of those. They usually seem to work good? . I capsule mine right now and that just takes up too much time. Is there a certain brand that works better then others? Where do you purchase yours?
They sell each flavor separately but this one has the most bang for your buck. See link below. I’m working on an iPad and getting the formatting right is a little challenging even with a keyboard.
Here’s a link for the bags (flavored
I’m still afraid to try them. My throat was still a little sore yesterday. I was traumatized
* javagurl62
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Oblate bag failure
Javagurl62javagurl62 wrote: I guess the moral of the story is don’t be so greedy when it comes to using an oblate bag as your method of ingestion. My throat still hurtsAt least the Green MD is working it’s wonders
And to EVERY1 else dont be greedy when trying to “Parachute” and or using an oblate disc aka bag with more than a normal amount of powder in it.
Ive said before on another thread about myself choking for nearly 3ish minutes in a Parking Lot all alone because I got greedy and decided to swallow a bag of 4.00g powder and it got stuck in the middle of my Fking throat!
I was literally choking and couldnt breathe and nobody came out to help. I was trying to Yell, and pour more water down my throat to help push it down but the water came back UP!
In retrospect that was Not a good idea AT ALL and it could’ve been much worse! I finally puked it up after punching my chest multiple times and believe me that was not a fun time.
Just giving some words of advice just be Safe and if you Need to make an extra + bag Do It. Why risk choking??
I dont “Parachute” anymore - (where one puts powder or contents into a tissue and wraps it just like an Oblate Disc).***
Good story btw Javagurl
Be Safe
- Payshince
-
JHole
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:27 am
- Location: IA
Re: Oblate bag failure
Sweet, thanks Lambeezy and javagurl62 for the info!!! Gonna have to try those out. I could definitely see myself getting greedy and doing the same thing.