Your First Time...?
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Your First Time...?
I know we did a thread on how long you have been with Kratom, age,etc.
I'm curious about your first time with Kratom....
Was it has station curiosity? A friend saying "you've gotta try this?". A random head shop purchase?
For me, I was first introduced to Kratom with an ad on FACEBOOK, yes that's right facebook. The social media network that has banned Kratom selling had an ad that grabbed my attention. I immediately changed my relationship status to "it's complicated_ and paid 50$ to an overpriced vendor called Kratom Krates for some Red Borneo capsules. I thought I hit the damn jackpot. luckily I somehow found STH soon after and my journey to an anxiety free life began..
I'm curious about your first time with Kratom....
Was it has station curiosity? A friend saying "you've gotta try this?". A random head shop purchase?
For me, I was first introduced to Kratom with an ad on FACEBOOK, yes that's right facebook. The social media network that has banned Kratom selling had an ad that grabbed my attention. I immediately changed my relationship status to "it's complicated_ and paid 50$ to an overpriced vendor called Kratom Krates for some Red Borneo capsules. I thought I hit the damn jackpot. luckily I somehow found STH soon after and my journey to an anxiety free life began..
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Your First Time...?
I was on prescription painkillers at the time (years ago), and found kratom while searching natural remedies for chronic pain relief. It would be over another year before I actually ordered and tried it though. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the results.
My first vendor was canopy. The first strain I tried was red Hulu Kapuas.
After about a week of kratom, I was able to put the meds aside. Never looked back.
As I continued my research and was seeking out new vendors, I noticed a lot of kratom websites online were biased, censored, or just otherwise not telling the full truth about anything. I found it quite ridiculous there was no real place to discuss kratom online without that place having some kind of agenda.
And hence, the double m subreddit was born. A place to talk freely about kratom, both the good and bad, and not having to worry about being silenced or written off. At first, it was just me posting reviews and then people suddenly showed up since the main kratom subreddit was heavily censored, and boom - my little subreddit took off.
That subreddit evolved into a standalone site (thanks reddit policies!)... and here we are.
My first vendor was canopy. The first strain I tried was red Hulu Kapuas.
After about a week of kratom, I was able to put the meds aside. Never looked back.
As I continued my research and was seeking out new vendors, I noticed a lot of kratom websites online were biased, censored, or just otherwise not telling the full truth about anything. I found it quite ridiculous there was no real place to discuss kratom online without that place having some kind of agenda.
And hence, the double m subreddit was born. A place to talk freely about kratom, both the good and bad, and not having to worry about being silenced or written off. At first, it was just me posting reviews and then people suddenly showed up since the main kratom subreddit was heavily censored, and boom - my little subreddit took off.
That subreddit evolved into a standalone site (thanks reddit policies!)... and here we are.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Your First Time...?
My son introduced me to it,,1st taste,yuk! But I was taking pain meds,getting deep injections for nerve pain,,pain meds couldn't touch the pain,, ,anyhow he told me headshops I could get capsules,,I think white bali and red,,then he told me about canopy ana gaia,lol, yea,,so after a short time,I found this place,,before it was reddit, googling,anyhow my 1st time was my sons gaia,,one of their blends, 
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Your First Time...?
Oh... oh oh oh... It's my first time
Oh... oh oh oh... please be kind
Oh... oh oh oh... don't hurt me
Oh... oh oh oh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mizqCXSbwcc
I met her last Friday
At the local dance
She was across the room
I caught her glance
We started dancing
And before you know
I took her to my place
Where we were alone and she said...
Oh... oh oh oh... please be kind
Oh... oh oh oh... don't hurt me
Oh... oh oh oh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mizqCXSbwcc
I met her last Friday
At the local dance
She was across the room
I caught her glance
We started dancing
And before you know
I took her to my place
Where we were alone and she said...
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Your First Time...?
my 1st time was some headshop stuff that didnt do anything so i kept doing dope.
2nd time however, i got robbed during re-up, had no money, no drugs, and a friend who had got off the streets and got clean gave me a big ziplock bag of red thai from gregs botanicals.
was amazing.
2nd time however, i got robbed during re-up, had no money, no drugs, and a friend who had got off the streets and got clean gave me a big ziplock bag of red thai from gregs botanicals.
was amazing.
-
HappyHulu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm
Re: Your First Time...?
First tried in Feb. of 2017, and purchased from Kratora,
Did a lot of research, before trying. Every single piece of info on Kratom, back then (inluding r/kratom), said to start with 5 grams! So glad I didn't listen to any of that crap... bad advice.
Fast forward to today, and I haven't even come close to taking 5 grams. The most I've ever had is 2.5 (strained tea), and even that was too much. Currently take anywhere, from .50 to 2 grams.
Fast forward to today, and I haven't even come close to taking 5 grams. The most I've ever had is 2.5 (strained tea), and even that was too much. Currently take anywhere, from .50 to 2 grams.
Last edited by HappyHulu on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: Your First Time...?
I have an on-line friend who told me about Kratom back in August 2017, when the FDA was threatening to ban it. She was really outraged as kratom enables her to function and she saw herself potentially being forced into illegal activity that would complicate her life tremendously. I was curious so she sent me a treasure trove of about 15 different sample bags from a range of vendors. I found several strains that helped me overcome depression, low energy and lack of motivation to finally get off my ass and take care of things I'd let slide, some of it for years. She wanted to place a big order with K-OG and I went in on it. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was very lucky to have someone guide me to a top on-line vendor, right off the bat. Since then, I've read a lot of horror stories about overpriced headshops and rip-off vendors and am really glad I had a mentor, so to speak!
- SimonBcv
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm
Re: Your First Time...?
I stumbled upon Kratom when viewing vaping forums & stuff to help relax, kratom was mentioned, after doing extensive research I was hesitant to order at first but then decided to see if I could get it to work in vaporizer, ordered some from garuda kratom, it didn't work well in vaporizer, took few grams mixed with liquid, noticed some effects but nothing too exciting, did more research, found some good vendors & then noticed the effects described by others. I still keep my doses low (250mg & up to 2 grams) & no more then 6g per day.
Another amazing things I found about Kratom, not only does it boosts your mood but it also controls your appetite & helps with type2 diabetes, ever since discovering Kratom I no longer have to keep on raising insulin dose.
Another amazing things I found about Kratom, not only does it boosts your mood but it also controls your appetite & helps with type2 diabetes, ever since discovering Kratom I no longer have to keep on raising insulin dose.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Your First Time...?
I had heard of Kratom for a while so after last Christmas I ordered from happy hippo and got rockstar hippo(white MD) and magic hippo( red Sumatra). I really liked magic hippo. I had heard you can use this stuff for depression and anxiety. I got into with the goal of breaking a 17 year addiction to Xanax for panic attacks. I kept taking Kratom, found other vendors along the way. On April I had already weaned the Xanax from 5mg a day to .5-1 a day. I went to the hospital and had delirium tremens and rhabdomyolysis. They took me completely off all the pills. So now I take Kratom and I'm no longer on Xanax or all the other psych meds. I still take remeron for sleep. I feel grateful to have found Kratom because I didn't believe I could ever go completely off of benzo. I still have trouble with anxiety all the time but it is so much better to not be addicted to anything. Kratom really does save some people. I wanted a Christmas miracle but it came on Easter 
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Your First Time...?
That's awesome I'm glad you made this sitee_poison wrote:I was on prescription painkillers at the time (years ago), and found kratom while searching natural remedies for chronic pain relief. It would be over another year before I actually ordered and tried it though. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the results.
My first vendor was canopy. The first strain I tried was red Hulu Kapuas.
After about a week of kratom, I was able to put the meds aside. Never looked back.
As I continued my research and was seeking out new vendors, I noticed a lot of kratom websites online were biased, censored, or just otherwise not telling the full truth about anything. I found it quite ridiculous there was no real place to discuss kratom online without that place having some kind of agenda.
And hence, the double m subreddit was born. A place to talk freely about kratom, both the good and bad, and not having to worry about being silenced or written off. At first, it was just me posting reviews and then people suddenly showed up since the main kratom subreddit was heavily censored, and boom - my little subreddit took off.
That subreddit evolved into a standalone site (thanks reddit policies!)... and here we are.
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: Your First Time...?
Glad to hear you found your way off of benzos. I had a 6 yrs stretch where I couldn't kick them. I understand the dark places they take you...no matter what other substance I took, it was paired with Xanax to amplify it. As for your continuing anxiety I have found CBD isolate to work 99% of the time. After carrying it around with me for a few months my attacks stopped because my mind knew I had something to kill the panic as soon as it started. They still sneak up once in a blue moon, but between Kratom and CBD I am able to live a normal life. Amazing how many lives this plant has saved and how many lives have been changed.FartBlaster wrote:I had heard of Kratom for a while so after last Christmas I ordered from happy hippo and got rockstar hippo(white MD) and magic hippo( red Sumatra). I really liked magic hippo. I had heard you can use this stuff for depression and anxiety. I got into with the goal of breaking a 17 year addiction to Xanax for panic attacks. I kept taking Kratom, found other vendors along the way. On April I had already weaned the Xanax from 5mg a day to .5-1 a day. I went to the hospital and had delirium tremens and rhabdomyolysis. They took me completely off all the pills. So now I take Kratom and I'm no longer on Xanax or all the other psych meds. I still take remeron for sleep. I feel grateful to have found Kratom because I didn't believe I could ever go completely off of benzo. I still have trouble with anxiety all the time but it is so much better to not be addicted to anything. Kratom really does save some people. I wanted a Christmas miracle but it came on Easter
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Your First Time...?
Enter Kratom from stage left:
Kratom (with feeling) : Was it as good for you as it was for me??
Just kidding. Congratulations to all of you for kicking the drugs with kratom and know that I am on that list as well. Feels great.
PS.- if I were in the above scene, i would answer kratom with an emphatic YES! maybe even better. I like my kratom like I like my women. Green, ground up, and from possibly sketchy environments. #IAMSTUPID
Kratom (with feeling) : Was it as good for you as it was for me??
Just kidding. Congratulations to all of you for kicking the drugs with kratom and know that I am on that list as well. Feels great.
PS.- if I were in the above scene, i would answer kratom with an emphatic YES! maybe even better. I like my kratom like I like my women. Green, ground up, and from possibly sketchy environments. #IAMSTUPID
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Your First Time...?
I tried some cbd but I question my source because this place is often running ridiculous sales I don't know if I have a quality product , but the cbd I have doesn't really do anything.