Page 1 of 1
Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:56 am
by StellaLuna
Hi everyone. First time poster here

So lately anytime I burn some red Bali I end up with crazy bad depression. Like insanely bad. It only happens with red Bali though. Has anyone ever experienced this? It's happened the last 2 times that I've taken it. I take a small nap and when I wake up I'm fine. Kind of weird.
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:12 pm
by trigger
Where did you get it? I’ve only experienced depression brought on by kratom from a couple different batches out of hundreds. I would pass that batch along to someone else and get a different red (Bali or otherwise). If it’s any red Bali you try, then it’s probably in your head because we know strains and batches aren’t real. Try switching to a Borneo or Sumatra. I take kratom largely for depression, so I wouldn’t be able to hang on to something that triggered it more.
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:46 pm
by SimonBcv
From what I understand depression sometimes sets in after Kratom wears out, how many hours after you took Kratom did it happen to you?
Also how many grams did you take?
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:16 pm
by Payshince
Great question StellaLuna !
If you could shed more details regarding what happened that would help a lot.
Like, minor details this and that... etc.
I’ve felt this way esp. when I am looking to wake up and get moving so I can be more productive but Insteead* accidentally fall into a sleepy burn state and than I’m just like ugh wtf!
Not exactly how you were but I do know and have been like that...
In other situations similar def
Fell into a Depressive Episode (deeper than usual) a week ago
Brother proposed, She said Yes, Family came up from FL, saw them, went to a gathering, etc. plus ended up using too much CBD vape and Kratom without hydrating enough and eating enough and got dizzy AND it ruined my meal & experience at this fancy expensive restaurant! As well as finding the time to prep my doses while my Family patiently impatiently wait for me...
FUUUCKKKK UGH
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:26 pm
by Theanine
StellaLuna wrote:Hi everyone. First time poster here

So lately anytime I burn some red Bali I end up with crazy bad depression. Like insanely bad. It only happens with red Bali though. Has anyone ever experienced this? It's happened the last 2 times that I've taken it. I take a small nap and when I wake up I'm fine. Kind of weird.
Kratom does deplete the catecholamines. Not to mention that it is quite heavy on your adrenergic system. Both involved in mood regulation. So, supplement with tolerance reducers, commit to a daily taper and do not increase your dosages. Also, maybe take a few days off Kratom. It is almost impossible that your depression is linked to any given variety of Kratom....
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:49 pm
by KurtisCards
I usually get into a depressed state when i try a new blend or "strain" and it doesnt work, or it does the opposite of what i want it to do.
then im just like ah wtf the next 4 hours of life are ruined haha
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:52 pm
by BallzDeep9
StellaLuna wrote:Like insanely bad. It only happens with red Bali though.
But there's like different Red Bali. Some are green, or reddish, fast or slow.. Strains don't mean much.

Sorry to hear that, I take kratom to combat depression, for mood support and a little energy.. what's your daily total? Withdrawals can be depressing.
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:05 pm
by SimonBcv
Is there a supplement to restore depleted catecholamines?
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:19 pm
by StellaLuna
I only noticed it off of a sample that I reviewed for someone. I had never experienced it before. Also it was right after I did a tolerance break and I took my regular dose of 4gr. The depression kicked in about 3 hours into the dose. I just thought it was super weird.
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:57 pm
by BallzDeep9
Find your
LTD = Lowest Threshold Dose. Especially right after a T-break ? At one time I was doing 7-gram servings. Then I figured out, my lowest effective dose was around 2 grams after my last break... So I've stuck with < 3g and getting all the positives, with less withdrawal FX - Yes it seems, short activity is the #1 down side of kratom.... Getting stressed out, stormy, angry or sad on the "come down" can be a problem... So, timing of food is important, getting daily exercise too. Eat a nice healthy lunch, at around, 2-3 hours after kratom... might help?

Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:00 pm
by StellaLuna
Awesome! Thank you for the pointers. I also realized that I don't like being a tester

that whole episode was super scary and totally out of the ordinary for me. I was like contemplating suicide depressed?!? It was freaking weird!!! I have zero history of suicide ideation so it was scary.
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 pm
by Oletimer
Oh my!

Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:23 am
by FartBlaster
I have always thought green is better for depression. It has more mood boost right? I don't think Kratom has ever caused me depression is that a paradoxical reaction?
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:16 am
by StellaLuna
It always helps my depression. I usually mix strains though. I always take a green and mix with either a red or white. I haven't really found a yellow that hits me well yet. But because I was sampling I took the red Bali straight. The whole thing was just crazy. I haven't experienced anything like this before that burn and I haven't experienced after I finished the rest of that sample. It could have been a weird reaction with my hormones or something. Idk. Thanks for the feedback everyone

Major Peculiar Episode
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:19 am
by Payshince
Honestly some strains/ batches are Just Like That sometimes...
Ive gotten One or Two burns where the effects were just Weird AF. Didn’t feel right and just uncomfortable, not the type of Kratom effects one would typically get!
Reminds me somewhat of your experience StellaLuna
Re: Major depressive episode
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:43 am
by Theanine
In my humble opinion, depressive episodes triggered by Kratom are due to its overuse, it is that simple. Use less, take a tolerance break.
The "wobbles" by Kratom are due to overly high dose of an unbalanced leaf, or even normal leaf, if the dose is simply too high which is more than 5 grams for most people.
This is based on about 1 year of personal experience and observations.
Think about it, if Kratom lifts your mood, perhaps there is some catecholamine exhaustion going on, as there would be with ANY other mood lifting substance if you overuse it.
I am yet to find a more plausible reasoning.